KrisA

Registered
Reaction score
monster038website.jpg

OUT NOW (exclusive to Beatport) : http://bit.ly/d9rb3N

Tune of The Month - Mixmag June 2010
4 x ASOT plays - Armin van Buuren
TATW 311 with Above & Beyond

Monster Tunes serves up a rather unusual and surprising release on their main imprint. Usually we're being lavished with banging and uplifting tunes but this one is on the progressive and housey side of things. Ben Preston is especially known for his Black Hole releases, not to mention the tight sound he delivers. Speaking of Black Hole, Ben teamed up with the British singer/songwriter Susie last year and created "Why We Run" which was featured on the 14th edition of the In Trance We Trust series - now Ben and Susie are at it again. Mr. Daniel Kandi is on the remix duties and runs with the credit for having "Remember Me" playlisted on A State Of Trance nothing less than 4 times! This release also includes an Instrumental version of Ben's original as well as Radio Edits.

Review

Original Mix
By all means, a more trancey Ben Preston than usual on this records; he still keeps some housey elements though. The percussion is sharp and has an exotic touch. Susie's vocal kicks in early in the track and the simple lyrics are consise and spot on. The bassline is groovy, bouncing, energetic and banging thus should be perfect to kicking off a good trance set.

Daniel Kandi Remix
Daniel is an expert when it comes to working with vocals and he treats them well in this mix, incorporating an Anjuna-feel by applying a vocal stutter effect, which works as an instrument. The tune has got the melodic and satisfying Kandi atmosphere but certain elements stand out from his known trademark sound; the saw lead sounds like something we'd expect from names such as W&W or Jochen Miller albeit with a more happy approach to the melody. Notice the subtle piano layer just before the outro - delightful!

tnmonster038.png

Previews:

Original Mix : YouTube - Ben Preston feat. Susie Remember Me (Original Mix)
Daniel Kandi Remix : YouTube - Ben Preston feat. Susie Remember Me (Daniel Kandi's Flashy Tribute Mix)

OUT NOW (exclusive to Beatport) : http://bit.ly/d9rb3N

Back