Is there an app to listen to AH.fm on Android?

Status
Not open for further replies.

osterzone

Registered
Reaction score
I'm starting a new job this summer in New York City, and I'll be commuting to Manhattan every day by train (about 75 minutes each way...2.5 hours total).

I'm planning on buying the HTC Droid Incredible in a couple weeks when I get out of school, and I wanted to know if there was an app I can download on it that would allow me to listen to AH.fm on the go.

Thank you.

hi there we dont have official HTC app, but there are many apps to tune in a online radio via HTC im sure.

I would like to also know if there are any HTC apps to tune in :)

hi there we dont have official HTC app, but there are many apps to tune in a online radio via HTC im sure.

I would like to also know if there are any HTC apps to tune in :)
This phone runs on Google's operating system.

Are you a part of the Shoutcast network?

I would love to see a dedicated AH.fm Android app! I currently use the Last.fm app but nothing on there is as awesome as the stuff on AH!

If anyone out there finds one or knows of one I'd love to know right away!

risketx@gmail.com

EDIT: Shortly after posting this I discovered a few apps available for Android devices that will play AH.fm

Two that I tried out are XiiaLive (or DroidLive) and TuneWIKI. The DroidLive app I have would connect but after waiting a long time it did not play.

TuneWIKI plays it perfectly. In fact it seems to be several seconds ahead of the Web Based player available via the link at the top of this web site. I didn't count exactly but it was probably around 30 seconds ahead. Using TuneWIKI you can then favorite that station and add a widget to your home screen to play/pause it easier.

....and to think, there was actually a time when I counted on iTunes alone for AH!

Last edited:
This phone runs on Google's operating system.

Are you a part of the Shoutcast network?

Yes mate were part of the shoutcast network.

I would love to see a dedicated AH.fm Android app! I currently use the Last.fm app but nothing on there is as awesome as the stuff on AH!

risketx@gmail.com

EDIT: Shortly after posting this I discovered a few apps available for Android devices that will play AH.fm

Two that I tried out are XiiaLive (or DroidLive) and TuneWIKI. The DroidLive app I have would connect but after waiting a long time it did not play.

TuneWIKI plays it perfectly. In fact it seems to be several seconds ahead of the Web Based player available via the link at the top of this web site. I didn't count exactly but it was probably around 30 seconds ahead. Using TuneWIKI you can then favorite that station and add a widget to your home screen to play/pause it easier.

....and to think, there was actually a time when I counted on iTunes alone for AH!

Im looking for a HTC android coder/s to build something exclusive to AH.FM if anyone knows how to build apps pm me :)

Thanks for the info about the apps mate.

Im looking for a HTC android coder/s to build something exclusive to AH.FM if anyone knows how to build apps pm me :)

You can download the SDK from the Android web site.

Android SDK | Android Developers

I set up Eclipse and the Android SDK on my computer, but I'm not familiar with the JavaScript language. I used to program in Visual Basic all the time so when I'm trying to learn JS my VB logic throws me off.

I don't think it really matters if you're on an HTC phone. It's all Android. HTC phones just have HTC's "Sense" interface on top of it but it's still the same operating system. So if you develop for Android 2.1 you should be good to go.

You can download the SDK from the Android web site.

Android SDK | Android Developers

I set up Eclipse and the Android SDK on my computer, but I'm not familiar with the JavaScript language. I used to program in Visual Basic all the time so when I'm trying to learn JS my VB logic throws me off.

I don't think it really matters if you're on an HTC phone. It's all Android. HTC phones just have HTC's "Sense" interface on top of it but it's still the same operating system. So if you develop for Android 2.1 you should be good to go.

thank you for the info mate :)

risketx@gmail.com

wow thank you!!! i have an eris and been wanting ah.fm on my phone for the longest time

Another app you can use for Android: Xiaa Live [DroidLive].

I installed the app on an HTC Incredible on Tuesday at my local Verizon store, and I was able to shrink it down into a widget so I can quickly access AH.FM.

I'm starting a new job this summer in New York City, and I'll be commuting to Manhattan every day by train (about 75 minutes each way...2.5 hours total).

I'm planning on buying the HTC Droid Incredible in a couple weeks when I get out of school, and I wanted to know if there was an app I can download on it that would allow me to listen to AH.fm on the go.

Thank you.
The app AOR (An online radio) works perfectly, just write in the adress and press play.

I have an android phone ( Samsung Galaxy ) and I'm using the AOR app.
Works fine. No Problems :good2:

Since the web player is flash based, AH.FM support will come to devices sporting Froyo 2.2 in the near future, otherwise, with a bit of searching you can download a beta release of Flash 10.1 for Android 2.1 Eclair. If you'd like some help I have it available to send since I'm a Google Code beta tester. Give it a shot...

Last edited:
You mentioned HTC, does the HTC Pro Touch 2, also run the same operating system, I dunno what operating system it is, but I wouldn't mind some app for that, if it isn't too much too ask, maybe I should make one after the vacation since I am studying applications development :lol:

Another app you can use for Android: Xiaa Live [DroidLive].

I installed the app on an HTC Incredible on Tuesday at my local Verizon store, and I was able to shrink it down into a widget so I can quickly access AH.FM.
i have the same phone i will def DL the app :) thanks for the info hun :hug:

Can't wait for the android release! Need some music when i'm on my way haha

I have a Droid X and I use WunderRadio and that allows me to tune into local and internet streams.

I use Tunein Radio. They have instructions on the site on how to get your station listed. I didn't read them but maybe AH can do that?

I use Tunein Radio. They have instructions on the site on how to get your station listed. I didn't read them but maybe AH can do that?

I have submitted a request form for AH to be added thank you mate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back