61 Dutch passengers died due to a plane crash

danmark_ori

Ursa Major ★
Staff member
Reaction score
70 Dutch passengers died due to a plane crash

Just checked the news on BBC: 61 Dutch passengers died due to a plane crash in Liberia. One boy of 10 survived the disaster and is just operated in hospital .. .. .. :blink:

R.I.P.

BBC News - Plane crash in Libya 'kills more than 100 on board'

_47833750_009273960-1.jpg
Nederlandse_vlag_halfstok.jpg

Last edited:

Plane Crushes at Tripoli Airport, 104 Passengers on Board, 10-year old Boy Survives

Plane Crushes at Tripoli Airport, 104 Passengers on Board, 10-year Old Boy Survives
12/05/2010 15:25:00

Nederlandse_vlag_halfstok.jpg

Photo: The ill fated Afriqiyah Airways plane’s engine at the site of the crash as rescue and security people are sifting the debris.

Mohammed Zaidan, Secretary of Transportation, officially announced to reporters, in Tripoli today at 10:40, the crash of an airplane belongs to Afriqiyah Airways as it was landing at Tripoli International Airport.

104 people were on board, including 93 passengers and 11 crew.

One ten-year old boy of Dutch nationality survived the crash. He was first taken to the nearest hospital, Sabia'a Hospital, 30 kms southeast of Tripoli. Airline sources said he is in stable state and recovering.

The Tripoli Post has learned that the boy is now being operated on at Al-Khadhra Hospital in Tripoli.

Sources told The Tripoli Post the boy has a broken leg and other injuries.

The tragic incident occurred at 6:00 a.m. local time.

The plane crashed as it was landing at 200 meters before the fence that separates the airport runway from the premises outside the airport limits. A source told The Tripoli Post that the plane crashed within less than five seconds flying from the runway.

Libya rescue teams were immediately at the scene of the accident. 95 victims were taken to hospitals in Tripoli.

Mr. Zaidan said a number of victims’ bodies were dismembered into pieces. He also said the authorities had found the two black boxes of the plane.

A committee was established to investigate the causes of the crash headed by the Libyan Civil Aviation Authority.

RIP:wavecry:

R.I.P :(

very sad... god bless all the people in this tragic crash... i hate when things as this happen.

once again god bless the families and victims.

(unpoof)

Oh Danmark. I am so terribly sorry for your country's loss of its citizens. So very, very sad. :cry::(:cat:

Oh, so sad =\

More news Like this I see = more I hate these fukin' planes and companies

big thanks for all condolences .. .. ..

nrc.nl - Domestic - More Dutch slain at crash in Libya than thought
nrc.nl - Binnenland - Meer Nederlanders gedood bij crash Libië dan gedacht

Tripoli, May 13. When the plane crash in Libya yesterday seventy Dutch killed. That the Ministry of Foreign Affairs reported today.

Tripoli, 13 mei. Bij de vliegramp in Libië zijn gisteren zeventig Nederlanders omgekomen. Dat heeft het ministerie van Buitenlandse Zaken vandaag gemeld.

Radio Netherlands Worldwide | RNW - NEWS, ANALYSIS AND BACKGROUND IN 10 LANGUAGES, WORLDWIDE 24 HOURS A DAY, ON RADIO, TELEVISION AND THE INTERNET

Tripoli crash: Dutch death toll rises | Radio Netherlands Worldwide

:cry: 70 Dutch passengers died due to a plane crash
http://forum.ah.fm/mellow-lounge/24303-61-dutch-passengers-died-due-plane-crash-2.html#post1463055

nrc.nl - Domestic - More Dutch slain at crash in Libya than thought
nrc.nl - Binnenland - Meer Nederlanders gedood bij crash Libië dan gedacht

Tripoli, May 13. When the plane crash in Libya yesterday seventy Dutch killed. That the Ministry of Foreign Affairs reported today.

Tripoli, 13 mei. Bij de vliegramp in Libië zijn gisteren zeventig Nederlanders omgekomen. Dat heeft het ministerie van Buitenlandse Zaken vandaag gemeld.

http://www.nrc.nl/binnenland/article2543411.ece/Meer_Nederlanders_gedood_bij_crash_Libie_dan_gedacht

Radio Netherlands Worldwide | RNW - NEWS, ANALYSIS AND BACKGROUND IN 10 LANGUAGES, WORLDWIDE 24 HOURS A DAY, ON RADIO, TELEVISION AND THE INTERNET

Tripoli crash: Dutch death toll rises | Radio Netherlands Worldwide

:cry: 70 Dutch passengers died due to a plane crash
http://forum.ah.fm/mellow-lounge/24303-61-dutch-passengers-died-due-plane-crash-2.html#post1463055

RIP, sorry ...

Oh shit, this is terrible!

It's a shame that I didn't get informed about that!

I'm really sorry for that people! :(

R.I.P.

Back