Please feel free to comment on the show. Don't forget to VOTE
Did you miss the show? Let us remind you next time: click here

Liam Wilson - My Element 015 Rick Turner Guest Mix on AH.FM 23-06-2010.mp3
Download here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I4CP1X61

Last edited by a moderator:
Rick Turner Interview!!

Liam Wilson - My Element 015 with Rick Turner Guest Mix
Quick Fire Interview!

Hi Rick, first of all I would like to thank you for taking the time out to do this quick interview for us.

What got you into the trance scene and do you have any influences which have played a part in your style?

Hi Liam, Id probably say the first "Trancey Track" that inspired me was "Robert Miles - Children."
I've been listening to trance since around 1996 and the first DJ that got me into it at that time was Mark EG with the tough German Trance sound that he used to play.
After that I became a massive Tiesto fan and finally bought some decks in 2001 when I left school and began to mix.
Markus Schulz was also a massive influence to me because he opened my eyes to the proggier side to Trance which eventually led me to get into progressive house.
I'm very open minded in terms dance of music and love to take on board new sounds but at the same time always keep true to my roots in trance.
I play music from around 124bpm to 146bpm, from minimal housey stuff to banging psy-trance!

You recently played at the legendary ‘Sankeys’ alongside MAURO PICOTTO and are playing at one of the UKs most popular nights DIGITAL SOCIETY soon, how does it feel to get the opportunity to play at these great events?

The Meganite night was absolutely brilliant, the guys behind the night "Colour" did a great job in organizing that event!
It was really nice to be fortunate enough to play a Techno set on a lineup with such legends as Mauro Picotto, Adam Beyer and Christian Smith who have been pivotal in shaping my sound over the years.
I'm really looking forward to the Digital Society night as its the best Trance night in the country in my opinion, theres not many nights with such a good crowd and the forward thinking mentality to book the names that they do.
Myself and Pete Bromage played back to back on the recent Anjunabeats night that they did in May and I have to say that it was one of the best gigs of the year so far!

Is there a club/clubs where you would love to DJ? And why?

Id love to play at Air in Birmingham the home of Godskitchen and Passion @ The Emporium in Coalville.
Simply because I've had some of the best nights of my life in these clubs over the years and would love to share the music that I love with like minded people at such respected and legendary club nights.
I'll actually be playing at Passion on 4th September in the back room in their Indoor Festival event so thats going to be a dream come true!

As well as DJ’ing you also promote your own night called ‘In-connection’ has just celebrated its first birthday with SANDER VAN DOORN, which looks like it was a huge success. How would you say the first year has been for ‘In-connection’? and with a lot of new club nights coming and going, what would you say has worked for you to establish your night?

The last year has been amazing!
Blackpool is a difficult town to hold club nights in as its a commercial and tourist based town.
I think that we've been realistic with the way that we've run the night, we've tried to keep the night bi-monthly.
Also the special thing about In-Connection is that we have a very close relationship with the people who come to our night and have been fortunate to build up a good group of Trance fans in the area.

Have you got any exciting new plans for the future of ‘In-connection’?

In August we'll be launching our new sub brand "In-Connection House Sessions" as a second room to support up and coming DJ's which play the more housier side to dance music.
Our next Trance night will be on September 11th at the Syndicate in Blackpool but the lineup isnt confirmed for that event as of yet.

Although you must be very busy promoting and DJ’ing, have you started looking down the production route yet? If so have you anything planned for the future?

Production is something that im slowly getting into, I've recently built a new PC for production so hopefully i'll have some tracks to play in the not too distant future!

Last but not least, as a promising up and coming DJ where would you like to see yourself in five years?

Hopefully i'll have my 1st album released and have plenty of tracks under my belt! :)

Cheers Rick!! Speak Soon!!!

:choon::choon::choon::choon::choon:

This episode is amazing, big thanks to Rick Turner and you Liam Wilson for letting Rick host a guestmix. :grinning:

* Now Listening: 605 ~ Replay 56 Daniel Kandi - 4YAMC on AH.FM 31-05-2010 *

Liam Wilson - My Element 015 with Rick Turner Guest Mix
Quick Fire Interview!

.. .. ..

Last but not least, as a promising up and coming DJ where would you like to see yourself in five years?

Hopefully i'll have my 1st album released and have plenty of tracks under my belt! :)

Cheers Rick!! Speak Soon!!!

:book: Nice to read your interview :good2:

NICE SET =)

Hi guys, its Rick Turner here.

Thanks for all the positive feedback on Liams and My mix and also a massive thanks to Liam Wilson for letting me have the opportunity to have 30mins on his fantastic show!

:)

Grab a download of this AH.FM DJ set! Check out the download link in the first post of this thread!!!

Back