EST: 15:00 - 16:00
PST: 14:00 - 15:00

Please feel free to comment on the show. Don't forget to VOTE
Did you miss the show? Let us remind you next time: click here

Orkidea - Radio Unity 020 on AH.FM 18-08-2010.mp3
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NC1GQ05T

Last edited by a moderator:
18-08-2010 Orkidea - Radio Unity 020

01. Underworld: To Heal (Sunshine Version)
02. Leon Raes: Aruba Garden (Eelke Kleijn Space Mix)
03. Inkfish: Early Morning
04. Pryda: Niton
05. Ned Shepard: A Fine Balance (Jerome Isma-Ae Remix)
06. Ayla: Ayla 2010 (Jerome Isma-Ae Remix)
07. Markus Schulz: Perception (Dub Mix)
08. Protoculture: Silver
09. DJ Eco, Pacheco: Staring At The Sea (Masoud Remix)
10. Hans Zimmer: Time

Orkidea
Orkidea
Orkidea
Discography at Discogs :book:
Images for Orkidea

Alias: Tapio Hakanen

Last edited:
soon! :super: Orkidea's 6h set in Klubi, Turku (Finland) was MASSIVE!! still dancing... :dance3: :D

orkidea300.jpg

RADIO UNITY 020 TODAY (18.08.2010)

(c) DjOrkidea.com

What is a recipe for putting together a monthly Radio Unity show? Here are the commonly used incredients. Surely chef sometimes use some special spices but these are most common ones:

-One month of intensive music hunting for new tracks. This includes for example going through promos from labels, listening to hundreds of new releases in web shops, checking fellow DJs charts, playlists, radio shows, live mixes & podcasts and of course trainspotting some bombs at clubs.
-Figuring out the approximately ten tracks to be included from tens of candidates and their order.
-Checking the harmonic key of the tracks with Mixed in Key software.
-Selecting opening and closing tracks as they are often the most important ones.
-Putting together the arrangement in Ableton Live software.
-Pitch shifting (with Ableton) some of the tracks to fit harmonically.
-Re-editing some of the tracks so the mix flows better and fits nicely to the 60 minutes.
-Mixing the tracks live using Korg microKONTROL and Ableton’s filters and effects.
-Exporting the finished mix to a full resolution .aiff audio file.
-Mastering that file in Logic software with plug-ins to balance the overall levels.
-Converting the final mix to an MP3 file and uploading that to Afterhours.fm server.

So that is the creative journey taken every month, resulting in a one hour mix of latest progressive trance. Sometimes it all comes together easily, sometimes there can be two “competing” totally different kind of collections while sometime it feels there are double the amount of amazing tracks I could fit. I’ve been doing this since 1998 and still love it every month!. Tonight we'll listen to some aural goodies from the likes of Underworld, Eric Prydz, Jerome Isma-ae, Protoculture, Eelke Klein, Marcus Schulz. Come and join the vibe at AH.FM forum.

Show: DJ Orkidea: Radio Unity 020
Time: 3rd Wed of the month @ 21-22 CET (22-23 FIN time)
Live streams and chat: Leading Trance Radio - Afterhours
Podcast in iTunes: Radio Unity - Download free podcast episodes by DJ Orkidea on iTunes.
Old podcasts, tracklists and direct downloads: Radio Unity

Good evening everybody:) Hope your summer has been great!

It's been a while since I had the chance to listen to this immediately when it's broadcasted. Anyway tuned in!

Tuned in for another massive episode of Radio Unity!
Hey everyone!:music:

I'm stoked for this... I listened to way too much uplifting for the past 3 hours...I need some dark, proggy tunes.

1340 Readers ~ Orkidea - Radio Unity 020 on AH.FM

Good evening everybody:) Hope your summer has been great!

:dancing: :book: :wow: :blink: still reading your huge txt post ! :lol: :iagree: :friends:

01. Underworld: To Heal (Sunshine Version)
Key theme from the great scifi film 'Sunshine' from three years back. Score was written by Underworld together with John Murphy. Love the etheric vibe in this one and overall the whole soundtrack supports the Danny Boyle film perfectly.

orkidea300.jpg

RADIO UNITY 020 TODAY (18.08.2010)

(c) DjOrkidea.com

What is a recipe for putting together a monthly Radio Unity show? Here are the commonly used incredients. Surely chef sometimes use some special spices but these are most common ones:

-One month of intensive music hunting for new tracks. This includes for example going through promos from labels, listening to hundreds of new releases in web shops, checking fellow DJs charts, playlists, radio shows, live mixes & podcasts and of course trainspotting some bombs at clubs.
-Figuring out the approximately ten tracks to be included from tens of candidates and their order.
-Checking the harmonic key of the tracks with Mixed in Key software.
-Selecting opening and closing tracks as they are often the most important ones.
-Putting together the arrangement in Ableton Live software.
-Pitch shifting (with Ableton) some of the tracks to fit harmonically.
-Re-editing some of the tracks so the mix flows better and fits nicely to the 60 minutes.
-Mixing the tracks live using Korg microKONTROL and Ableton’s filters and effects.
-Exporting the finished mix to a full resolution .aiff audio file.
-Mastering that file in Logic software with plug-ins to balance the overall levels.
-Converting the final mix to an MP3 file and uploading that to Afterhours.fm server.

So that is the creative journey taken every month, resulting in a one hour mix of latest progressive trance. Sometimes it all comes together easily, sometimes there can be two “competing” totally different kind of collections while sometime it feels there are double the amount of amazing tracks I could fit. I’ve been doing this since 1998 and still love it every month!. Tonight we'll listen to some aural goodies from the likes of Underworld, Eric Prydz, Jerome Isma-ae, Protoculture, Eelke Klein, Marcus Schulz. Come and join the vibe at AH.FM forum.

Show: DJ Orkidea: Radio Unity 020
Time: 3rd Wed of the month @ 21-22 CET (22-23 FIN time)
Live streams and chat: Leading Trance Radio - Afterhours
Podcast in iTunes: Radio Unity - Download free podcast episodes by DJ Orkidea on iTunes.
Old podcasts, tracklists and direct downloads: Radio Unity

Nice intro mate!:good:
Time to turn the volume up a couple of notches :music:

Back