krystianr

Registered
Reaction score
Bitrate 24kb/sek play

Is it possible to add 24kb/sek bitrate (quality listening) to listen
Because I have a free net and I silting bitrate 48kb/sek : /
If it would not be a problem, please help

Last edited:
hello no we do not offer 24k we offer 48k aac + 96k MP3 and 192k MP3.

I was going to suggest this, in fact I find it essential to have 24Kb or 32Kb stream, reason because it will make it possible for mobile phone users with low grade GPRS (40kb/s-60kb/s) to tune in without constant buffering.

24k really sounds bad.. least we can do was 48k aac +... 48k is 6k/sec download via mobile.. Edge can even do this...

We have tested 24k 36k and 48k for mobiles and we think 48k is best fit for nice sound and only @ 6k/sec

Here in UK, I don't get EDGE coverage most of the time (specially when travelling), I only get the lower grade of GPRS (as I mentioned in the previous post) which is slower, hence the suggestion for lower bitrate. I have tried with 48K several times, but ended up into endless buffering. Talking about the sound quality on 32kb, I think it is just acceptable for music listening (based on experience) and is much much better than nothing. If your assets/capabilities allows for an extra stream, why not give it a trial?

Here in UK, I don't get EDGE coverage most of the time (specially when travelling), I only get the lower grade of GPRS (as I mentioned in the previous post) which is slower, hence the suggestion for lower bitrate. I have tried with 48K several times, but ended up into endless buffering. Talking about the sound quality on 32kb, I think it is just acceptable for music listening (based on experience) and is much much better than nothing. If your assets/capabilities allows for an extra stream, why not give it a trial?

We will look at it with the new shoutcast2 system in 2011... as it allows multiple aacp bit rates to be run.

Weird tho you get buffer, when i was in poland on gprs i streamed aac+ no problem on my iphone, GPRS provides data rates of 56-114 kbit/second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back