How to add ah.fm to a Iomega ScreenPlay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zim_256

Registered
Reaction score
I have a iomega screenplay tv link director edition (what a name huh?) and i don't know how to add this radio station to the iomega's list.
Someone has this device or any suggestion?
This iomega thing has a list of only 32 shoutcast stations and you can add more visiting an online catalog but most of my favorite stations aren't listed. You can also add "links" to another stations but the website rejects them.
Just 32 stations aren't even close to 2% of all shoutcast radios. With my PSP i can listen to afterhours.fm and many others.

By the way, I'm a big fan of ah.fm. I listen to this station almost every night.

:(
Didn't work. Tried to add all the links above and the stupid iomega website keeps rejecting them.
attachment.php

Damn iomega and their stupid tvlink device.
The device runs linux and if it can be hacked i'm totally sure that it can even run a complete linux desktop with browser and all but iomega didn't implement anything like that.

I looked at their pages manual :) came across this.

Add Personal Links If you want to access Internet media that isn't included in the ScreenPlay Online Media web portal catalogs, you can add a link for it on your personal portal.

1. Using a computer connected to the Internet, go to www.iomega.com/onlinemedia and login to your personal online media account.
  2. Select Personal Portal.
  3. Use the computer's Internet browser to locate the Internet media (podcast, blog, RSS feed, etc.) you want to add.
  4. Copy the URL for the media item from the browser window and paste into the URL field under MY LINKS on your personal portal.
    NOTE: Make sure the URL starts with "http://". If the URL starts with "feed//", change it to "http://". If you try to add a link that starts with "feed//", the web portal will show that it is not approved.
  5. If you want to change the title for the media link to something you will easily recognize, click "Edit" following the feed title (shown below the URL field).
  6. Use the drop-down menu to select the type of media for the feed (video, audio, photo, or blog).
  7. Click Add to enter the link onto your personal links list.
  8. Using the ScreenPlay TV interface, select Online Media. Choose the type of web media, then select Links and press Enter. The media link you added should now appear on your list.
you tried that?

iomega ScreenPlay DX internet radio

This is even not working for me.
I am owning Screenplay DX.

I am very disappointed ..
WDTV Live would havebeen a better choice :(

it should have shoutcast list of stations.. search for ah.fm

I already sold my screenplay. The performance of the iomega devices is disappointing.
I never got it to work with ah.fm. Lastly it wouldn't even connect to any shoutcast radio, the entire "web access" system stopped working so no youtube or any kind of video streaming.

So the best thing to do is build a HTPC, I already assembled mine using an old HP Pavilion Slimline case and those new motherboards with an AMD Hudson E350 CPU built in. It rocks, can play anything, you can freely upgrade the software in case it doesn't, it also has wireless, gigabit lan, samba server, SPDIF, HDMI, VGA, DVDRAM and whatever you want it to have.

Give up on the screenplay and get a HTPC.

I already sold my screenplay. The performance of the iomega devices is disappointing.
I never got it to work with ah.fm. Lastly it wouldn't even connect to any shoutcast radio, the entire "web access" system stopped working so no youtube or any kind of video streaming.

So the best thing to do is build a HTPC, I already assembled mine using an old HP Pavilion Slimline case and those new motherboards with an AMD Hudson E350 CPU built in. It rocks, can play anything, you can freely upgrade the software in case it doesn't, it also has wireless, gigabit lan, samba server, SPDIF, HDMI, VGA, DVDRAM and whatever you want it to have.

Give up on the screenplay and get a HTPC.

thank you for the informative update... sounds nice you got it all working !!

Hi Zim & Dan,
Thanks for the response and sugegstions.
I too have a HP Pavilion HTPC system (with HDMI, & other stuff) which I can hookup with my Onkyo AV receiver and can play almost all kind of media stuff on that.

But I don't like the startup and shutdown time required to HTPC.

Is there any way, I can quickly boot / shutdown HTPC , I would love to use that in that case and will happly throw away IOMEGA Screenplay DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back