Afterhours.fm at Wikipedia : back to stay

danmark_ori

Ursa Major ★
Staff member
Reaction score

Hello guys :cap:

:super: Dan and I are proud to present you the text of a new Wikipedia Page :smile:

Afterhours.fm

Type: Corporation
Industry: Internet Radio
Founded: 2006
Headquarters: Toronto, Canada
Key people: Dan Korzeniowski, Founder & CEO

Afterhours.FM (AH or Afterhours Radio) is an Internet radio broadcaster that plays exclusive trance and progressive dance music shows from the biggest DJs around the world.

It was founded in June 2006 as a hobby project by Dan Korzeniowski [ref1 interview].

Afterhours.FM specializes in Electronic Dance Music and provides live broadcasts from Electronic Music events worldwide.

Trance music - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Progressive electronic dance music - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Request:

1. Put a translation in your native-tongue / own language. As accurate as you can. No extras, no additions, no promo-talk. AH.fm promotes itself, yet: not at Wikipedia. Just 'dull' :yawn: 'scientific' :crazy: boring :megacrazy: simple straight text. No colours, fonts, bold: please keep things as simple as possible. And yes: do use the spelling-check of your text editor :tease: A perfect translation involves perfect spelling too.

2. Post your translation at the corresponding language Thread. I made an example in my own language. Please use this page as your example: * :book: *
One contribution per post. One author per post.

3. At questions, things uncertain while translating: contact some friends of your own language first. Then me. Then Dan.

Good luck and thanks in advance ! :grinning:

Dan
danmark_ori

Background.

Recent history.
An earlier version of a Wikipedia Page has been withdrawn by Wikipedia contributors. The reason which was officially put: lack of references * and " because the article seems to be blatant advertising. " A quick research learned me, apparently there has been some quarrel too :cry: Because I did not want(ed) to be involved at any of the rivalling parties, I decided not to revive the existing 'put to hold' page, yet start from scratch. To minimise chances to meet the same fate as the previous page, 1st goal was to get independent sources to establish notability *. In the meantime, me and Dan agreed on a new, brief, low-profile but sturdy, reliable, back-to-facts text for a new Wikipedia attempt. As Wikipedia is set up as an encyclopedia, all happy excited pep-talk & promo-talk has to be strictly omitted. Any promotion by words as cool, super, best etc. etc. has to be left-out entirely, as such creates too easily unnecessary vulnerability to fierce critic and adds for a reason to remove the Wikipedia entry. The part ' biggest DJs ' in the text above might give a first impression of the opposite. True. Yet, I think we've got more as enough proofs, by now, indeed, Afterhours.fm got recurrent sets from the biggest DJ's in the scene. Yet: no way to elaborate on this fact more intense: keep translation as close as possible in your own language.

Why addressing you?
Google Translate for sure is very handy and often does the job quite nicely. Yet: I set my goal higher. I want only language translations that are better :w00t: as Google :megacrazy: !

In my opinion, nothing beats a translation by:

1. You! As you know your language best. Better than Google. Nothing beats a native-born speaker. Example ( sorry America's ) : English. Given some basic education, my assumption the British do know their language best, I opt for a check for correct English by British folks. As I without hesitation assume best translation into French is done by French, Polish by Polish people and Finnish by Finnish.
Of course there are exceptions. Esperanto, for instance. When anyone of you knows (someone who knows) Esperanto: please proceed. Just: don't fake please. The requirement of minimal two independent contributions remains the same.

Remember: better no language contribution (yet: we are in no hurry) as a poor one. I only want perfection. Afterhours.fm càn do perfectly without Wikipedia. Any re-appearance at Wikipedia should add quality, not fuss, blatant advertising nor any poor language let alone rubbish boasting.
As Wikipedia pages are language, not country-wise indexed, flavours of a given language just have 'bad luck' I guess. Examples: American-English, Quebec-French and Austria-German. Guidelines of Wikipedia do apply, and for any new entries to Wikipedia, (those of AH.fm involved) only Wikipedia guidelines do apply. Sorry for any bad feelings :hug:

2. A group! Two's a crowd, and nobody knows more as a group. By having at least one co-author, translation gets some second thoughts & opinion. For this reason, I am only willing to upload a version in you language to Wikipedia, after having received minimal two independent contributions. When there are differences to take into account, I only will post a language text after there has been contact between contributors. Ideally, the route I go for, only after agreement between contributors about a 'final version'. Please don't put mutual ( in-group ) discussions on the very language page. Just arrange discussions via PM or at a separate, dedicated ' language discussion ' page please, to keep the actual translation pages a clutter free as possible. Contribution pages just should contain plain translations. All generic responses are most welcome in this very thread. Language-specific issues: please put them by PM, Chat, e-mail or ( as put above ) in a dedicated 'workplace' Page.

3. A third reason I address you is encouraging the band society, commitment to Afterhours.fm: the website, the broadcasted music and it's members.

the text to translate

Afterhours.fm

Type: Corporation
Industry: Internet Radio
Founded: 2006
Headquarters: Toronto, Canada
Key people: Dan Korzeniowski, Founder & CEO

Afterhours.FM (AH or Afterhours Radio) is an Internet radio broadcaster that plays exclusive trance and progressive dance music shows from the biggest DJs around the world.

It was founded in June 2006 as a hobby project by Dan Korzeniowski [ref1 interview].

Afterhours.FM specializes in Electronic Dance Music and provides live broadcasts from Electronic Music events worldwide.

Trance music - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Progressive electronic dance music - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

125px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png

http://forum.ah.fm/mellow-lounge/31208-2011-03-afterhours-fm-wikipedia-dutch-nederlands.html
2011-03 Afterhours.fm at Wikipedia : Dutch | Nederlands
Contributions | bijdragen

125px-Flag_of_France.svg.png

http://forum.ah.fm/mellow-lounge/31210-[COLOR=#FFFFF]2011-03-afterhours-fm-wikipedia-french-francais.html[/COLOR]
2011-03 Afterhours.fm at Wikipedia : French | Français
Contributions | Contributions

125px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png

http://forum.ah.fm/mellow-lounge/31211-2011-03-afterhours-fm-wikipedia-german-deutsch.html
2011-03 Afterhours.fm at Wikipedia : German | Deutsch
Contributions | Beiträge

125px-Flag_of_Denmark.svg.png

http://forum.ah.fm/mellow-lounge/31339-2011-04-afterhours-fm-wikipedia-danish-dansk.html
2011-04 Afterhours.fm at Wikipedia : Danish | Dansk
Contributions | Bidrage

125px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png

http://forum.ah.fm/mellow-lounge/31340-2011-04-afterhours-fm-wikipedia-swedish-svenska.html
2011-04 Afterhours.fm at Wikipedia : Swedish | Svenska
Contributions | Bidra

125px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png

http://forum.ah.fm/mellow-lounge/31342-2011-04-afterhours-fm-wikipedia-norwegian-norsk.html
2011-04 Afterhours.fm at Wikipedia : Norwegian | Norsk
Contributions | Bidra

125px-Flag_of_Poland.svg.png

http://forum.ah.fm/mellow-lounge/31344-2011-04-afterhours-fm-wikipedia-polish-polska.html
2011-04 Afterhours.fm at Wikipedia : Polish | Polska
Contributions | Składek

125px-Flag_of_Finland.svg.png

http://forum.ah.fm/mellow-lounge/31347-2011-04-afterhours-fm-wikipedia-finnish-suomalainen.html
2011-04 Afterhours.fm at Wikipedia : Finnish | Suomalainen
Contributions | Avustukset

125px-Flag_of_Bulgaria.svg.png

http://forum.ah.fm/mellow-lounge/31350-2011-04-afterhours-fm-wikipedia-bulgarian.html
2011-04 Afterhours.fm at Wikipedia : Bulgarian | български език
Contributions | Вноски

Last edited:
this looks really good, would like to thank danmark_ori for putting his time and energy helping us back on Wiki.. I see many translations coming in from the community, thank you all :)

Spanish translation by Acuario51

Afterhours.fm

Tipo: Corporación
Industria: Radio por internet
Fundada: año 2006
Oficina Principal: Toronto, Canada
Persona clave: Dan Korzenlowski, Fundador y Gerente General
Sitio Internet: www.af.fm

Afterhours.FM (AH o Afterhours Radio) es una emisora de radio por internet que transmite exclusivamente musica electronica estilo Trance y progresivo con programas de los mejores DJ's en el mundo.

Fue fundada en Junio del 2006 como un proyecto y hobby por Dan Korzenlowski. [ref 1 entrevista]

Afterhours.FM se especializa en musica electronica y transmite ademas eventos musicales en vivo a nivel mundial.

Trance, musica - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre.

Trance progresivo - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre.

Last edited:
Just say afterhours.fm forum and radio is amazing and alot better then some of the so called main - stream stuff !!!

:)))

Back