Looking for portable mic/handheld device to record liveset at a club

markyrokz

Registered
Reaction score
device will be placed near dj monitors .... something under 500 US ??

or another method can work .... laptop (just don't really want to mess with cabling) ? ideas will be appreciated

Don;'t have a set up myself but know a bit about DJ Equipment, It would be better off to get a laptop (you can also install DJ software on it such as; Tracktor, VirtualDJ, Serato Scratch, ECT.) and it will record the sound at full 320kbps and will sound perfect. Where as a microphone would record the atmospheare and the music (depending on how good the mic is you will be getting better audio out of it).

If it is a cheap solution/setup so you can just casually listen to your sets go for the mic but if you want high quality sound then invest in the laptop.

BTW: I've heard many sets and some, like marcus schulz (when he was in Space in Miami) had good 192Kbps sound but I could also hear the crowd (not always though) and atmospheare don't know what set up he had though.

I recently read about how to turn headphones into a microphone. Follow this link https://forthesound.com/how-to-use-earphones-as-a-headphone-mic/ for more detailed instructions. I think this might be a good solution in certain situations. In general, I like to collect such information in order to be ready in case of unforeseen situations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back