Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fl Studio vs Logic vs Reason vs Ableton

What everybody else said basically. Try out the demos for each and every single DAW just to get a basic feel for how the software works, and then make your choice from there. Don't let other people try and convince you that one is "better" than the others. I've used FL Studio for years and it's the easiest for me because it just fits my workflow really well. I have also tried Logic and managed to create in 10 minutes a decent-sounding Uplifting Trance loop with the basic stuff it comes with. Coming from a background in reading (and sometimes writing) sheet music, Logic's ability to show how everything would look in an actual written score was pretty cool for me. Ableton was incredibly confusing to get to work just because I was unused to how everything was laid out. Doesn't mean it's a worse software, though. Cubase was the same way, even though many people say it's "the PC version of Logic", and I assumed it would be easy to understand how it worked because I had tried Logic beforehand. Again, doesn't mean it's worse than FL.

Just to re-iterate: Choose what you like best. Don't let others influence your decision. It will just just cause yet another row over which DAW people think is better, and the purpose of the conversation is lost.

FL Studio is now used by KhoMha, Ummet Ozcan and many others, you just have to give a try to every software, and then decide which one is the best, based on sound quality, rendering, etc...

Just got here
    I don't think that the DAW matters at all and I see a lot of people discussing which is better, etc. It's all in the user. Junkie Kid couldn't go into Ableton and make a hit Hard House track, just the same as 3LAU couldn't go into FL Studio and make a hit record.

If people want to get into this they just need to get a DAW and dive in. Ableton and FL are great because they have a ton of tutorials and resources online, which can be harder to find for Reason or Cubase.

----
    http://abletonvsflstudio.com

AH Listener
    Launchpad S gives you direct control over Ableton Live with an intuitive grid of 64 three-colour Launch pads. Included with the Launchpad S is a copy of Ableton Live Lite 9 - used by some of the world’s top and producers. Use the pads to create and launch rhythms, melodies, loops, samples or entire songs and mix them together. Whether you are recording your own songs, performing your own compositions or mixing together your favorite beats, Launchpad S gives you everything you need to launch clips, trigger loops, control effects, mix your tracks and much more. It is totally portable, fully USB bus powered – no need for power sockets – lightweight and easy to pack and carry to any gig or rehearsal anywhere in the world.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information