welcome everyone

dan

Staff member
Reaction score
anyone can post whatever you feel like, introduce yourself....

:)

Hi Dan!
Great job in getting the forums up and running.

Since I'll be the first to intro myself - for those that don't know me... I'm Noel (aka DreamensioN). I've been mixing for a few years and started out just doing CD's for friends. Since then I've taken the art further and have produced a series of compilations titled "Bedroom Sessions".

Over the years I have been influenced by Paul Oakenfold, Armin Van Burren, DJ Tiesto, Chicane, DJ Krush, DJ Shadow, BT, LTJ Bukem, Banco De Gaia - and more recently the likes of Markus Schulz, Andrew Bennett and Adam White. My style of mixing is a fusion of all of these along with my own interpretation of how things should be done.

Hopefully you'll get to listen to some of my mixes, and I look forward to hearing some of your mixes too.

See you on the forums!

Hey guys!

Theres nothing really important about me but me being a DJ and producer. I've been DJing for about 5 years now and producing has been going on since FruityLoops 4 was released. I really adored that piece of software. I'm now using FruityLoops 6 Producer Edition XXL which I'm enjoying even more but it really isn't all I use to produce my music.

Reason 3, CuBase SX3, and Ableton Live (sometimes I use it to make my mixes.) I use them all frequently. I'm into Trance/Progressive and for the sub-genre's I enjoy Uplifting Trance, Melo d i c Trance, and Tech (e.g. Tiesto's style of Trance or Sander van Doorn, ;)) I'm really trying to make music my career. I've loved music all my life and most of my family are muscians - thats basically why I love it. I'm working on getting signed to a record label. Hopefully that'll come true one day!

For my DJ equipment, I've got:
  • 2x Technics SL-1210 turntables
  • 2x Pioneer CDJ 1000 MK2 CD players
  • Pioneer DJM-500 Mixer
  • Sony MDR-7506 Studio Headphones
Yep, they all work fine and in my honest opinion, I think their professional enough for me! :D

Obviously I've also got influences, so allow me to list them down:

Kyau vs Albert, Tiesto, Paul van Dyk, Armin van Buuren, Junkie XL, Airbase, Above & Beyond, Dogzilla, Ferry Corsten, Fred Baker, Funabashi, Hiver & Hammer, Gabriel & Dresden, Hydroid, Jonas Steur, Midway, Thomas Bronzwaer, Kuffdam & Plant, Luminary, Smith & Pledger, Marco V, Mark Otten, Mark Norman, Matthew Dekay, Menno De Jong, Octagen, M.I.D.O.R., Six4Eight, Perry O'Neil, PG2, Primer, Ronski Speed, Second Sun, Stoneface & Terminal, Sun Decade, ATB, Super8, DJ Tab, Yves Deruyter, John O'Callaghan, Alex M.O.R.P.H, 4Strings, Super8, David Guetta, Benny Ben***i, Sander van Doorn, etc.

I can go on, and on, and on, and on. If it wasn't for all these amazing DJs, the scene wouldn't have been here, and the clubs wouldn't be rockin' loud. They've influenced and inspired me since the very beginning.

Phew, I'm finally done. Take care guys! And Dan, great fracking job on the forums! Great job overall, you did an obsolete job. Cheers to you buddy!

Last edited:
Great site Dan!

I'm Andy, not a DJ, but a trance music lover. Got hooked when Tiesto started to pick up after forbidden paradise and partly to marcin's colletion of millions (or so it seems like) songs.

Hey Jorda, how much were those Studio Sony headphones?

You can pick up the ones tiesto uses for about 125. they are the kind that i have very good. Only draw back is after 2 years of use the earpieces start to wear off. Overall good loud quality headphones

If you don't Dj, and would just use the headphones for home use, go for Pioneer HDJ1000, i have a pair. They are pretty good in the studio, but are not very comfortable to play out. For playing out i would go with Sony 700s, they are relatively cheap (for professional use), and are very very comfy on your head and shoulder

And Jorda....

Great setup buddy!

I myself have 2 Technics 1200 Mk5s, with 2 Pioneer CDJ1000 MK2s, my Mixer is Pioneer DJM-600, and I also have Serato Scratch Live. I really suggest you get it, the speed of track selection and convenience factor is uncanny. You can browse dozens of songs in a matter of seconds, istead of going through your crate!

Talk to ya Later,

Sasha

Thanks for the info. I already have some Sony head phones, just cannort remember the model number. LOL!

I think all of us DJ's are going to need hearing aids soon! LOL. Ever since I started Dj'ing, music doesn't sound good unless it's around 120 DB's..

Keep up the good work Dan. Looks like you have an excellent pool of talant here. Music is awsome! Takes time to promote, I'm sure everyone here will help chip in with that!

hi there iam illeagalhunter iam into trance & more trance my first dj gig was 1989 so ive been around the block iam from scotland & go deer hunting in upstate ny hence the name no licence no care as for equipment 2 cdj 1000s dj600 mixer got rid of the vnyil 2 years ago cost too much

Last edited:
Sasha Pidann said:
Great setup buddy!

I myself have 2 Technics 1200 Mk5s, with 2 Pioneer CDJ1000 MK2s, my Mixer is Pioneer DJM-600, and I also have Serato Scratch Live. I really suggest you get it, the speed of track selection and convenience factor is uncanny. You can browse dozens of songs in a matter of seconds, istead of going through your crate!

Talk to ya Later,

Sasha

Thanks a lot bro, I like it too! The Pioneer DJM-600 is awesome, but in my honest opinion, the Pioneer DJM-1000 is probably the best mixer out there at the moment. But don't forget about Xone3D hehe, I also love that one too - expensive, expensive! DJM-500 is good enough for me. I'd love the 600 too!

I've actually heard of Serato Scratch Live, I'm thinking about getting myself that gold :D. We'll see what comes up sooner or later.

Take care buddy. I appreaciate your comment. To everyone else - take care! Nice to see you all.

Cheers.

Last edited:
illeagalhunter said:
hi there iam illeagalhunter iam into trance & more trance my first dj gig was 1989 so ive been around the block iam from scotland & go deer hunting in upstate ny hence the name no licence no care as for equipment 2 cdj 1000s dj600 mixer got rid of the vnyil 2 years ago cost too much

Hey m8! Nice to see a person from EA here on our radio! Cheers bro. :canada:

Hi all

Well, I guess it's time for me to introduce myself. My name is Robbie Schwan and I've been DJing for a little over a year now. It all started with one fateful night at a Tiesto concert. A week later, I purchased my gear; 2 Pioneer CDJ 1000MK2's, and a DJM600 and havnt looked back since.

I've had many influences, and I'm constanly being influenced day by day. But, If I were to name a few it would have to be, Tiesto, Armin, Above & Beyond Rank 1 and Ferry Corsten.

I cant really say what my style of mixing would be. I tend to have longer transistions, I like letting the listener(s) hear the mix. Like my influences, I guess I can say that my style is something that is constantly changing as i begin to like new things.

Anyways, think I've rambled on enough. Hopefully you will get to listen to a few of my mixes, and Im looking forward to hearing all yours as well. Cheers

welcome Robbie, we spoken last nite a bit, cool guy.. enjoy your stay :)

I have sony MDR-V600s. I was trying to track down the 900's I think it is, but they dont have any in Canada that I could get my hangs on. They were either out of stock and no idea when theyd be available, or else I'd end up paying way too much for border taxes and shipping to Canada from the States so I got these ones.

Ok, my info!

Hi all, im a good friend of Jorda so offcourse i have to say this is a very nice site! :D

And it may also be interessting for someone to mention, im a dj and producer from Norway, its on hobby basis so far! Look out for m y sets here at Im turning 18 this year so thats really great.. hmm...

don't know what to write! Just ask some if theres some questions!

Hello Dj Superior, first off welcome to the forums.. Im glad more dj's and Producers are coming on, so again welcome dude and tune in to the finest tracks and awesome people.

tnx for the warm welcome... I feel im gonna enjoy my stay here! Hope to get to enjoy some of the sets, even tho the time diffenrence is quite big!! :p Well well... Ill figure something out! :)

Hi DJ Superior! I'm really looking forward to hearing some of your productions!

Back