Please tell us what you think?

dan

Staff member
Reaction score
What you think of AFTERHOURS? you like the music? the forums?
do you think were doing a good job?

As well do you have any suggestions for us to make this place better and more efficient?

Great place. Awesome music. 15 private message cap is going to be a pain considering that sent and received chew it up really fast, but I guess I understand considering you have to pay for servers and such.

Do you have moderators for the forums?

no moderators yet, but we will soon when it gets busy...

15 messages thing it will be changed to 30 today.

Is it possible to get @afterhours.fm email address's for the "residents"? :p

DreamensioN said:
Is it possible to get @afterhours.fm email address's for the "residents"? :p

That's something I will need to think about, ill get back to you on that. :cheers:

Dan said:
That's something I will need to think about, ill get back to you on that. :cheers:
haha! you could always pick people or maybe see if theyd be willing to chip in by making a donation or something or have moderators have them or something like that. However. it could get to be quite complicated. Do you guys have sponsors and private doners for the servers? :canada:

jedrekmaly said:
haha! you could always pick people or maybe see if theyd be willing to chip in by making a donation or something or have moderators have them or something like that. However. it could get to be quite complicated. Do you guys have sponsors and private doners for the servers? :canada:

As soon as we get more traffic, we will be getting Google ads and implementing them on the forums - which helps a lot because we need AfterHours to get noticed. :)

Last edited:
jedrekmaly said:

No doners yet, its just me this month, I believe Mark will help out next month.
Sooner or later if we get funding I want to move up to 192K streams.
Get Dj's to put out new stuff and eventually we will have Live Sessions where they connect in and play Live.

That would be HOT, but for now the building phase has begun and we just need to knock on doors and try to get people to join us here and see where it goes, i see it as if you build it they will come :) :drum:

and if we dont build it it shall fall, Dan has sacrificed alot for this site so everyone please tell alot of people about the site. If we get busy then it wont be such a pain. I wish i could help you out more with money dan but a baby on the way and school pretty much drains my pockets. Keep up the hope.. and music. We shall succeed

DjRoo0 said:
and if we dont build it it shall fall, Dan has sacrificed alot for this site so everyone please tell alot of people about the site. If we get busy then it wont be such a pain. I wish i could help you out more with money dan but a baby on the way and school pretty much drains my pockets. Keep up the hope.. and music. We shall succeed

Thanks Roo0, really appreciate it... ;) hopefully it will get noticed and within time it might become popular. Gotta think positive :pepsi: :top:

DjRoo0 said:

Congradulations on that baby, buddy! :)

I've listened to the stream since yesterday evening...nice pick of tracks! I've finally found a radio which can be compared with di.fm. Nice job guys :)

Thanks Rain I really appreciate it, we play all new stuff, and love when Dj's make us sets. Hopefully more people will think the same way as you about this radio station.

I want to build a nice community here if possible, thats my main goal, get all Dj's and listeners together and get them to express them selves.

Dan said:
Around *** USD/month
how mny gb do you get for that sort of money then the music on the streams is good when the quality gets better could be wqorth putting on cd for the car keep up the good work

Last edited:
800GB of bandwidth... 100MB/sec dedicated port.

Dan said:
800GB of bandwidth... 100MB/sec dedicated port.

Woah, that's friggin nuts! This site has to take off. I don't know what I'll do if it doesn't.

Thats nothing. Wait until we open another server, it's going to be twice as much as the cost it is now.

Back