Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good clubs?

Question Good clubs?

I wanted to know what are good clubs in calgary? :canada: as far as good music, techno feel new stuff?
    Most listened to Trance Radio - AH.FM
    Love AH.FM? become today.

The Warehouse is alright - they have techno, trance and all that jazz but I am not sure if its just on specific days or afterhours or what. As for the rest of the clubs, they all play the same mainstream garbage.

I personally think it would be a revolution to see a club that open up and play good trance, dance, etc, but I don't know if there is a crowd large enough that would be interested. I just don't think it's that popular here. Mind you I could be wrong!

I heard elyxir is getting more popular.. I think I will go check it out this Friday ;)

Cowboys Go To Cowboys...... Just Kidding

Ever been to overdrive? does calgaryt have one?

I went to the Warehouse a few months ago for Preach + A&B, some solid music there... venue is nothing special though to be honest.

Saw Armin at Tantra - nice looking venue, but drinks were pricey and I doubt they play house/trance on regular nights.

Calgary has no trance scene really. It's all hip-hop, Dance and C-Rap....

I wouldn't say we don't have a good scene because when the shows do come, they are pretty packed.

The best club for trance and house would definitely be Whisky. And thats usually every 2 / 3 months.

If your looking for a good fix the warehouse on friday, and saturday nights are alright. They usually have some good dj's come through during the year. This club has the most constant atmosphere, people are always friendly, drink specials, and a good number of people to meet.

Tantra and Whiskey are good venues but rarely bring anyone in, once every two months if we are lucky. Top names usually go through these places like armin, kaskade, markus etc... But the one thing that gets me is they close at 2:30, and put shows on aweful days. Wednesday is just not a night i'm going to go party, school/work gets in the way. Otherwise its regular hip hop night there.

Cherry used to be pretty good but lacked the support, and ended up changing their style to appeal to more people. So now they have hard/electro house and breaks, its alright.

From what i've seen the scene isn't very large, so we need to change that!!

Hey, just joined up.... was hoping that this topic would reveal more than what I already know lol. I heard that the Mynt retrolounge played more trance and progressive when it was alive (its under renos/moving to a new location right now); and supposedly its opening up again in the fall. Not that this helps the situation right now though haha. Maybe we just need someone to donate their house once a month and everyone can party there lol.

the Mynt was alright, found there to be an older crowd 30+.

as for a party, got one planned for next week! Dan, Deadly best be seeing you there!
    ~~~d(^.^)b~~~

let the music flow

Quote Originally Posted by Annich View Post
    the Mynt was alright, found there to be an older crowd 30+.

as for a party, got one planned for next week! Dan, Deadly best be seeing you there!

30+ is old? ....its mature crowd :tongue:
    Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened.

DJ Nemesis on the 12th at Cherry, should be a good time, I like alot of what he plays.
    PS I DJ (or sometimes pretend to lol) trance and progressive so if you guys want me to bring my stuff and party I am so down with that lol... I Loooove to party

hmmm deadly dj's...... maybe this could work out
    ~~~d(^.^)b~~~

let the music flow

Do you have any weblinks to the clubs mentioned above? (Whisky, Elyxir,...) Can't find anything for some reason...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information