Protoculture !! I got a question??

Digital Soundboy

Registered
Reaction score
Well, Lately this Question has been bothering me the case is that Back in the days I used to hear lots of psytrance but nowadays I have swithced to trance, anyway I remember that back in that time I used to hear a producer called protoculture and gradually forget about him, but now that Im more into the trance music I found this track "Protoculture.- Sun Gone down" (I totally love this ), and so I've been wonderin': "Is the same producer I used to hear? or is just another guy with same "name" ?" "WTF if he is the same how did he make such a drastic change of style?"

Well, I think thats all I wanna now, I would be very gratefull if someone could resolve my doubts.

To answer your question short: Yes, it is the same.

Some years ago he only made psy-trance tracks, but lately he have made more trancier tracks like his remix of Synchronized, Bring Back The Sun and Early Bird. That doesn't mean he haven't left psy-trance, he still releases tracks and remixes tracks on J00F Recordings and if you listen closely he has kept some of his psy-elements in his trancier tracks.

Why he changed his style from psy-trance to "regular" trance is propably because trance is evolving and if you think about it, not many trance-listeners know any psy-trance-producers, so it could be he wanted to be more famous.

His tracks are still amazing and is one of the best trance producers for the last year or so, so he is definitely someone to look out for.

Well, Lately this Question has been bothering me the case is that Back in the days I used to hear lots of psytrance but nowadays I have swithced to trance, anyway I remember that back in that time I used to hear a producer called protoculture and gradually forget about him, but now that Im more into the trance music I found this track "Protoculture.- Sun Gone down" (I totally love this ), and so I've been wonderin': "Is the same producer I used to hear? or is just another guy with same "name" ?" "WTF if he is the same how did he make such a drastic change of style?"

Well, I think thats all I wanna now, I would be very gratefull if someone could resolve my doubts.

Yes, same guy.

It's all about money after all :ee:

To answer your question short: Yes, it is the same.

Some years ago he only made psy-trance tracks, but lately he have made more trancier tracks like his remix of Synchronized, Bring Back The Sun and Early Bird. That doesn't mean he haven't left psy-trance, he still releases tracks and remixes tracks on J00F Recordings and if you listen closely he has kept some of his psy-elements in his trancier tracks.

Why he changed his style from psy-trance to "regular" trance is propably because trance is evolving and if you think about it, not many trance-listeners know any psy-trance-producers, so it could be he wanted to be more famous.

His tracks are still amazing and is one of the best trance producers for the last year or so, so he is definitely someone to look out for.

Oh I see, well yeah trance without doubt is evolving thats why I recently started to hear it in a massive way :D also because I kinda became bored of always hearing the same samples in psy-trance it is kinda stuck in these days.

So I migth suposse save the robot has jumped to the big leagues too it was also a mainly psytrance/progressive duo, and now their work under the black hole recordings label.

Well, thank you for your help bro.

Back