Release date: 27-07-2011
Never Mind the Bollocks…..here’s Paul Oakenfold…. is a straight up two fingered salute to all industry politics, a complete focus of all energies on the music and nothing else.Tracklist:
Never Mind the Bollocks is 41 energetic tracks – each meticulously chosen by Paul from an unrestricted array of sources with no regard for release date, artist name, label or genre.
Never Mind the Bollocks is two and a half hours of Paul Oakenfold doing what he does best – delivering the goods.
(London, UK) June 6th, 2011 – Paul Oakenfold has always been a DJ who has refused to give himself exclusively to one genre. Throughout his career his sets have always been musically varied but consistently melodic and energetic. This variety and adaptability have led to an equally varied spectrum of live shows – from warming up for U2 and Madonna on worldwide arena tours through to sunrise sets at underground Psy raves - Paul Oakenfold’s ability to rock any crowd is unique.
In Paul’s own words…. “I’ve always played a variety of records from across the board. I like melodic music with energy and punch. I can’t think of anything more claustrophobic than being stuck playing one sound.”
During the 90’s Paul was at the forefront of the Goa sound with his Perfecto Fluoro label and associated artists. Today, with a vibrant new line up of producers from different genre backgrounds, Perfecto Fluoro has re-launched with a fresh sound - encompassing different styles but with a common vibe and attitude that stays true to the ethics of the label’s output during its first life.
Never Mind the Bollocks is a showcase of Paul Oakenfold’s “Full on Fluoro” sound that he has been playing at a number of his gigs over the last 8 months.
As with his live sets – on Never Mind the Bollocks Paul has aimed to set aside any restrictions or rules about sourcing of material as well as any pressures to conform with one sound over another.
As well as officially announcing Paul’s rekindled love of all things Goa – Never Mind the Bollocks also gives an authoritative exposé of the new sounds emanating from Paul’s labels right now, with no less than 13 tracks included from Perfecto and Perfecto Fluoro.
PAUL: “Jonas Hornblad made me a great new version of Grace “Not Over Yet” which I love and there’s a strong vocal track from Senadee called “Life Support Machine” which is coming out on Perfecto. Those are on the first CD and then with the Perfecto Fluoro material I selected I wanted to have a mixture of new tracks from our latest signings like Beatman & Ludmilla and Federation with some new remixes of big tunes from the back catalogue. I took my 3 favourite Man with No Name singles from back in the day “Sugar Rush”, “Teleport” and “Floor Essence” and had them remixed by some of the exciting producers currently linked to the label – HAARP, Nick Sentience and Apogee. I was also really pleased to get some killer exclusive tracks for the album including a couple of rocking Fluoro tracks from Tom Colontonio and Jamie Harrison.”
As well as displaying the skills of an array of new producers linked to Perfecto Fluoro – Never Mind the Bollocks hosts several Paul Oakenfold Productions including his latest single “Tokyo”, which has now enjoyed one month at the top of the Beatport Breaks Chart courtesy of a killer remix from Perfecto Fluoro’s Beatman & Ludmilla. Other highlights include Paul’s collaboration with Marco V titled “Groove Machine” (out on Perfecto Records 27th June), his track with Infected Mushroom called “I’m Alive” and his forthcoming single on Perfecto Fluoro “Full Moon Party” which will be out at the end of the summer.
1. Rocky & NOK - Green Sector (Neelix Remix) (Spintwist Records)
2. Zyce – Basic (Spintwist Records)
3. Liquid Soul – Adrenaline (Plusquam Records)
4. Earsugar & Doube Click - Beat It (Mikrokosmos Records)
5. DJ Danila - Let The Music (Belocca Remix) (Wazzup Records)
6. Ivan Nikusev & Wav-E - Aurora (Airwave Breaks Remix) (Mistique Music)
7. The Doppler Effect - Beauty Hides In The Deep (Ronski Speed Remix) (Armada)
8. Paul Oakenfold & Marco V - Groove Machine (Perfecto Records)
9. Neelix - Expect What (Spintwist Records)
10. Cold Blue – Lucidity (Monster)
11. Paul Oakenfold feat. Infected Mushroom - I’m Alive (Perfecto Fluoro)
12. Magnus – Hypnotic (JOOF)
13 Federation – Synchronized (Perfecto Fluoro)
14. Audiomatic - Think Twice (Cabal Remix) (Spintwist Records)
15. Richard Durand - Dryland (Phynn Remix) (Black Hole)
16. Daddy'S Groove & Little Mark - We Are In Da House (Test Pressing)
17. Man with No Name - Teleport (Nick Sentience Remix) (Perfecto Fluoro)
18. Ernesto vs Bastian - The Incredible Apollo (Armada)
19. Grace - Not Over Yet (Jonas Hornblad Remix) (Perfecto)
20. Mike Danis - For You (Enhanced)
21. Tom Colontonio - Verticle Drop (Perfecto Fluoro)
22. Paul Oakenfold - Full Moon Party (Perfeco Fluoro)
1. Ovnimoon - Galactic Mantra (Liquid Soul Remix) (Mikrokosmos Records)
2. Nick Sentience - Hear Me Now (Sentience Productions)
3. Animalis - Mumbo Jumbo Business (HOMmega)
4. Duotekk – Zlow (Tip)
5. Des Mcmahon - Autumn Air (John Dopping Remix) (Spellbinding)
6. Protoculture feat. Shannon Hurley - Sun Gone Down (Armada)
7. Norin & Rad vs Recurve – Thrust (Enhanced)
8. Justin Oh - Wait For You (Baroque)
9. Marcos - Take Cover (Sonic Element Dub Mix) (Borderline)
10. Beat Service feat. Emma Lock - Cut and Run (Armada)
11. Paul Oakenfold - Tokyo (Beatman and Ludmilla Remix) (Perfecto Fluoro)
12. Yodis - Amore Trio (Colourful)
13. Kyota - Nemo (B-Vibes Remix) (Redux)
14. Man with No Name - Sugar Rush (Haarp Remix) (Perfecto Fluoro)
15. Michael Dow - Desert Storm (Slinky Digital)
16. Man with No Name - Floor Essence (Apogee Remix) (Perfecto Fluoro)
17. Jamie Harrison - Bucky Balls (Perfecto Fluoro)
18. Senadee - Life Support Machine (Bissen Remix) (Perfecto)
19. Maguire - Face Yesterday (Perfecto Fluoro)