Numark 5000FX

i dont know much about stuff like this but Im sure other Dj would love to comment ;)

Mixers....

Glad you asked the question my friend...

When choosing a mixer you should look at what you need and what kind of Djing you do. Since you are on afterhours.fm i would assume you like electronic music and dance. For that in my opinion the best option are the pioneers. Sure, Xone :92 is awesome, but its hellishly expensive. For top performance with a resonable pricetag i would suggest DJM-500 or DJM-600 series. These babies are built like tanks and have amaizing sound (for the price range). They are not cheap, a used DJM-600 will run you around $800 USD. But believe me, its worth it. As with everything you get what you pay for. Its simple to use, the layout is great and if you ever plan to play out; its practically in every respecable bar or a nightcub. DJMs are a business standard, and will remain as such for a long time. In my opinion, nothing else is worth purchasing. That is just me though, and plus i might be biased due to owning a DJM-600. Look at your budget and how serious you are about djing. If you only have 2 turntables and are not planning on getting any more. 2 channel mixer would be more than enough.

Hope this helps!

Sasha Pidann

Sorry to side topic this, but doesn't DJ Tiesto and Armin Van Buuren use the DJM-500?

I'd get it if I were starting out, remember, when you're buying a mixer you're looking for channels and how many mixing knobs you have.

A Xone3D has:

Hi
Med Hi
Med
Lo Med
Lo

^ Usually recommeded for professional DJs - different style then the classic mixer.

A classic mixer has:

Hi
Med
Lo

^ Usually recommended for DJs (professional as well), but for a lower level of mixing.

It depends on your style buddy, I'd go with that mixer you showed us though. Yes, is my answer. :)

jedrekmaly said:
Sorry to side topic this, but doesn't DJ Tiesto and Armin Van Buuren use the DJM-500?
Yes, Tiesto tons of mixers though, also uses a DJM-500 I believe, and Armin uses his nice DJM-1000. :)

Last edited:

Back