Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Gaming Forum

Standing at the edge of time. (Actually Finland)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katadunkass View Post
    And a Dragon Age 3 is on the way too
    Oh yes that, this time I think I have finished previous game before it comes , I hope it will borrow more from Origins than Dragon Age 2
    Follow me on http://www.facebook.com/DjTeroA | http://www.twitter.com/DjTeroA

E=mc² Become a supporter now
    Quote Originally Posted by TeroA View Post
    Oh yes that, this time I think I have finished previous game before it comes , I hope it will borrow more from Origins than Dragon Age 2
    I've read on their website they want to take the best from Origins and the best DA2 and mix it together. Most forum members says the best from DA2 is the dialogs and the rest should be picked from Origins

Quote Originally Posted by Katadunkass View Post
    I've read on their website they want to take the best from Origins and the best DA2 and mix it together. Most forum members says the best from DA2 is the dialogs and the rest should be picked from Origins
    Well I kinda think the same

Quote Originally Posted by TeroA View Post
    Well I kinda think the same

Btw: Skyrim = OMFG

2012 games what are you most looking forward to? I personally am most looking forward to GTA V if it gets a 2012 release date, if it doesn't then I am most looking forward to Mass Effect 3.
    Xbox 360 & PSN - Bluedemon82384

I'm looking forward to Legend of Grimrock, Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2, Darksiders 2 and Guild Wars 2 (if it gets released this year). I'm sure there will be surprise releases coming especially in indie game scene so list will probably get additions during the year

I'm really looking forward to Mass Effect 3, Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Guild Wars 2

www.defconrecordings.com Lazarus's Avatar
    Definitely looking forward to Mass Effect 3!

Recently I've been getting my driving-game head on, alternating between Forza 3 and Need For Speed: The Run. Both excellent. In fact, The Run could be the best NFS game so far!
    New show time: Back From The Dead - Every 1st Monday 1900-2100 GMT (2000-2200 CET, 1400-1600 PST)
    Lazarus Twitter | Lazarus Facebook | Defcon Recordings website | Defcon Twitter
    SOUNDCLOUD

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post

Recently I've been getting my driving-game head on, alternating between Forza 3 and Need For Speed: The Run. Both excellent. In fact, The Run could be the best NFS game so far!
    Really on NFS? I'm intrigued to hear you say that because a lot of the gaming sites that reviewed that game didn't think it was all that good, so I actually held off of getting it despite wanting it. So it's pretty good then?

Arh, a fellow ME player

Quote Originally Posted by bluedemon View Post
    Really on NFS? I'm intrigued to hear you say that because a lot of the gaming sites that reviewed that game didn't think it was all that good, so I actually held off of getting it despite wanting it. So it's pretty good then?
    It's like they've taken a load of the good bits from other NFS games and put them all into one. There's the cheesy storyline bit (of course) but there's a good split between the challenge mode and story mode. The limited reset thing is infuriating, as driving games should be, keeping it interesting. And the fact that it's all one overall race gives you the onus to redo all the stages of The Run again to get the overall time down.

Granted, it's not one massive street landscape so you never get too comfortable with each course, it's constantly changing surfaces and everything.

I've played all the NFS games that have come out over the past 10 years or more and it's certainly one I've found most compelling. So far (I'm maybe 1/3 through it) there's not been much emphasis on the police/chase side of things but I'm not sure if that'll change as the game goes on. But to be fair, it's been done to death a bit by now.

NFS Most Wanted had good weapons etc, sure, but The Run feels more like an actual driving game with extra bits thrown in I suppose it's all a case of what everyone prefers on a personal level - it's just that none of the other recent NFS's have grabbed me in the same way as this one
    New show time: Back From The Dead - Every 1st Monday 1900-2100 GMT (2000-2200 CET, 1400-1600 PST)
    SOUNDCLOUD

Very nice, thanks for giving me your insight, I too have been a huge NFS fan since the original Hot Pursuit game on my PC, and I loved the latest Hot Pursuit, so when they announced this one with the player getting out of the car I was very interested in it until I started reading reviews, but I think after I'm done with some of the games I got for Christmas I'll pick this up.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedemon View Post
    Very nice, thanks for giving me your insight, I too have been a huge NFS fan since the original Hot Pursuit game on my PC, and I loved the latest Hot Pursuit, so when they announced this one with the player getting out of the car I was very interested in it until I started reading reviews, but I think after I'm done with some of the games I got for Christmas I'll pick this up.
    Yeah the player getting out the car has been a very minor part of one mission, really, at least so far anyway. The latest Hot Pursuit was great, for sure, this game is just different, rather than better or worse, I reckon - but it's definitely worth buying
    SOUNDCLOUD

It's like they've taken a load of the good bits from other NFS games and put them all into one. There's the cheesy storyline bit (of course) but there's a good split between the challenge mode and story mode. The limited reset thing is infuriating, as driving games should be, keeping it interesting. And the fact that it's all one overall race gives you the onus to redo all the stages of The Run again to get the overall time down.

Granted, it's not one massive street landscape so you never get too comfortable with each course, it's constantly changing surfaces and everything.

I've played all the NFS games that have come out over the past 10 years or more and it's certainly one I've found most compelling. So far (I'm maybe 1/3 through it) there's not been much emphasis on the police/chase side of things but I'm not sure if that'll change as the game goes on. But to be fair, it's been done to death a bit by now.

NFS Most Wanted had good weapons etc, sure, but The Run feels more like an actual driving game with extra bits thrown in I suppose it's all a case of what everyone prefers on a personal level - it's just that none of the other recent NFS's have grabbed me in the same way as this one

Best Need For Speed, ever

I only like Shift from the Need For Speed series

Except I don't like drifting in it

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information