Only One

danmark_ori

Ursa Major ★
Staff member
Reaction score

Posting rule: show us one ( yes: only one ) picture of a given town / place on earth you feel connected with. Some special place for you. In these days, where it's too easy to dump hundreds of pictures, I challenge you to select one super picture of one super place you have (or: have had) a cool positive relation with. Think twice. Decide. Just one, with a compact description added. One post per person. One picture only :grinning:

After a family meeting yesterday because of my father's birthday, my nephew studying medicine at Rotterdam Erasmus University, showed me some pictures of the town he's living and studying at.

Here's an aerial view of Rotterdam, made in April 2009. A nice view from above of the harbor town I was born and lived the first eleven years of my life. At the bottom the central railway station. The meandering river 'Nieuwe Maas' with three main bridges. From left to right, from east to west: Van Brienenoordbrug, Willemsbrug and Erasmusbrug. Off-centre to the left: city hall (1920) and only remnant of the medieval city of Rotterdam: the Saint Lawrence (Sint Laurens) church.

danmark_ori

6411170739_0d84e6677e_b.jpg

I'm right next!

For me, it's Wrocław, because for me it has all started with this city and I fell in love with it. Since then it's my favorite Polish city, so therefore that's why I feel connected to it. Here's a picture of Most Grunwaldzki (The Grunwald Bridge) and Ostrów Tumski quarter - the oldest part of the city (and the most beautiful in my opinion). These twin towers is the John The Baptist's Archicathedral.

1281959440wroclaw244.jpg

Back