What's with rising pitch envelope lately?

scapegoat

Registered
Reaction score
I'm feeling like it has become a far over-used element. It used to be a little spice in just a few tunes and maybe once in a tune but now seems like every progressive trance tune has too many and for too much duration.
Any thoughts?

I'm feeling like it has become a far over-used element. It used to be a little spice in just a few tunes and maybe once in a tune but now seems like every progressive trance tune has too many and for too much duration.
Any thoughts?

Every time I hear that noise it makes me cringe. Hearing it once, okay, its something new. Not nice, but different. But hearing it in every other song, and as you say, sometimes several times, it's bad. Very bad. Because it's basically an unpleasant sound. I can't honestly see what the attraction is to having it in a song. Its like when you go out in the street and you hear a siren going off from a police car or fire engine. It's a horrible noise. Do you really want hear it all the time? but thats just whats happening with that rising pitch sound. You listen to music and you keep hearing that damn sound all the time. Goodness knows how many songs have been ruined by it. Hopefully it will stop.

Seems like just another one of those trendy production elements to use these days, especially since in a club situation it really gets the crowd going sometimes.

I think that "dubstep vocoder wob" SFX is becoming quite prominent lately in lots of progressive tracks.

Back