Thread: How to stop a troll

Ursa Major ★ Become a supporter now

Red face How to stop a troll

Please give any tips / info / help

how best to go along with a re-current troll

My intention is to have as much remedies available. For one that best keep obscure: PM me

Ursus maritimus: sea bear .

Block the person...simple is that
    Addiction too is an art.

Live Nude Girls Become a supporter now
    Quote Originally Posted by Furqan View Post
    Block the person...simple is that
    this one (or several) seems to be on his third username already - registering multiple usernames (with minor spelling variations) at the same time as he was posting his filth...this was no casual effort, but planned ahead, possibly done from an internet cafe to avoid an IP block, or with multiple participants...

Wink a 1st idea

Quote Originally Posted by Young Free View Post
    this one (or several) seems to be on his third username already - registering multiple usernames (with minor spelling variations) at the same time as he was posting his filth...this was no casual effort, but planned ahead, possibly done from an internet cafe to avoid an IP block, or with multiple participants...

As one of the remedies, I'd put: registered users of ( 1 year minimum ? ) get the ability to ' block ' spamming newbies ...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by danmark_ori View Post

As one of the remedies, I'd put: registered users of ( 1 year minimum ? ) get the ability to ' block ' spamming newbies ...

IP addy is easy to trace,even if multiple names used IP is same

I agree, if there is no mod present, in the case where it is obvious someone is here for a very specific purpose, with an agenda, they just need to be shut down, quickly, because they are not going to stop. Then at least Staff can look into it...

I think some seniors or regulars should have some limited rights of temporarily blocking someone untill a full time MOD takes a look at the situation.

One of the best features of this site is NO TOLERANCE TO HATRED policy which should remain intact
    Addiction too is an art.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Free View Post

he/she should get a life

no one is going to pay any attention to spamming...i dont know what he wanted to achieve
    Addiction too is an art.

Quote Originally Posted by Furqan View Post
    he/she should get a life

no one is going to pay any attention to spamming...i dont know what he wanted to achieve
    The problem with someone like that is that they are not here for shock value, they are not trying to provoke a reaction, and they will not simply leave if we ignore them...they feel it is their "mission" to "educate us", to "warn us", of the dangers of whatever it is their warped and deranged minds are obsessed with.

But I agree there must be a ZERO tolerance approach to hate speech. One day they're launching some tirade on an internet forum, the next day they're bashing someone's head in with a tire iron.

The only way to stop a troll is to report the bad post and don't get involved with the troll, quote posts or anything. Let the staff deal with it. That's what they are here for.
    My Tennis Divas - Agnieszka Radwanska Jelena Ostapenko Garbine Muguruza Sabine Lisicki

E=mc² Become a supporter now
    I agree with SUNNY, ignore the troll no matter what the troll posts. If it is spam, hurtfull or something else which is against the rules, then report it. The staff will, hopefully, delete the post and give the person a warning and maybe a ban if it continues.

well for one thing do not engage , as trolls are attention seekers, if you do you are just feeding into their trap. yea I have faced the wraith of their hate before in the past, it sucks when they come after you over something I have no control over the way I am. people who know me really well will know what I am talking about , to others it will just have a remain a huge secret about me.

also check out this article on Lockergnome.com it has some really good info on it.

How to Control Your Emotions Online - LockerGnome
    Last edited by AprilAero; Mar 28th, 2012 at 04:47.
    Skies of Aether with April Elyse airs every first Friday at 11pm UK
    Facebook | Twitter | Mixcloud | Instagram

Wink much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by AprilAero View Post
    well for one thing do not engage , as trolls are attention seekers, if you do you are just feeding into their trap. yea I have faced the wraith of their hate before in the past, it sucks when they come after you over something I have no control over the way I am. people who know me really well will know what I am talking about , to others it will just have a remain a huge secret about me.

also check out this article on Lockergnome.com it has some really good info on it.

How to Control Your Emotions Online - LockerGnome

How to stop a troll : Please give any tips / info / help
    http://forum.ah.fm/mellow-lounge/40095-how-stop-troll.html

Thank you AprilAero for (the URL to) this article. Worthwhile reading imho Thanks too to all who responded earlier to my call. Not to round-off, let alone ' end ' this topic, just as a way to express my gratitude to all who showed they cared how to deal best with unpleasant experiences like trolling

Thread Information