Track ID for a title with a subtle phone call/answering machine in the background

sese

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a track floating around my memory of which I do not know the ID. Have been searching for a couple of days now, but neither can I find it, nor do I know where or even how to look further.

What I still know is unfortunately almost nothing, but it would be awesome if anybody has an idea which song it could be.
:megacrazy:
Only thing I remember atm is that at a certain part of the track there is a male voice talking in the background. AFAIK a phone call is being made and the male voice talking is an answering machine that gives instructions for how to proceed further.

It says something like:
"if you feel ... press one"
"if you ... just hang up and call 911"

Sadly I neither know whether this is an intro/outro or intermediate part within the song, nor do I remember an artist or genre or even melodie at the moment. I just know that I thought it's an amazing track when I first heard it.

Maybe it is a psychedelic track. I may have heard it in a Paul Oakenfold set and I think it's quite new.
Haven't heard it before February 2012 I guess.

Massive thanks to everybody who posts an idea about which track this could be.
Maybe we can find out? ;)

Greets,
Chris

John Askew - Bastard

Here are the lyrics :wink:
If you are Obsessive- Compulsive, press 1 repeatedly...
If you are co- dependent, ask someone to press 2 for you...
If you have multiple personalities, press 3, 4, 5 and 6...
If you are paranoid, we know what you are and what you want, stay on the line so we can trace your call...
If you are delusional, press 7 and your call will be transferred to the mother ship...
If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a small voice will tell you which number to press...
If you are Depressive, it doesn't matter which number you press, no one will answer you...
If you are dyslexic, press 69696969...
If you have a nervous disorder, please fidget with the hash key until the beep after the beep, please wait for the beep...
If you have short-term memory loss, please try your call again later and if you have low self-esteem, hang up, all operators are too busy to talk to you....

You are so awesome.
Just woke up and read your posts.
It's exactly the track I've been looking for.
:super:
Thank you so much for helping me out - you made my day.

Cheers,
Chris

Back