7/27/12 Guy J, Zack Roth, & Criminal Sound @ Sullivan Room

stevelogik

Registered
Reaction score
us-0727-387293-back.jpg

Line Up:
Guy J
Zack Roth
Criminal Sound Residents: Mark i.e. Cobián, Midnight Snack aka Stephen Garriques, & AJ Clay

Date / Time:
Date: 7.27.12
Doors Open At: 10:00 PM
Doors Close At: 4:00 AM

Ages / Cost:
Ages: 21+
Cost: $15 Pre-sale

Miscellaneous Information:

Guy J [ Bedrock ]

Guy J is a young, much-in-demand Producer, DJ and Live Act whose infectious production talents, busy worldwide touring schedule, electric live shows and groundbreaking debut album on Bedrock have all contributed to the success he’s currently experiencing.

Along with a handful of his fellow countrymen, the Israeli is now at the forefront of a movement towards the melody-rich and emotionally charged roots of the House music spectrum. Guy’s productions have earned praise for their tight, driving beats, shimmering, warm synths and blossoming, journey like arrangements. Straddling the lively, timeless space between ambient, house, techno and electronica he constantly maintains a melodic and highly emotive core to his music.

After setting floors alight with a volley of killer singles, Guy released his hotly anticipated full-length artist album - ’Esperanza’ – on John Digweed’s heavyweight Bedrock label in 2008. In classic Guy J fashion the whole album is a musically dense and diverse trip that is as dynamic as it is organic,keeping you hanging on ’til the very last drop has poured out of the speakers!

Now, in the heady aftermath of recent essential cuts like his ’Lamur’ single on Bedrock, the ‘Pleasurety EP’ on Sudbeat, or ’Shaman’ for Turbo records, and a string of tantalizing remixes for the likes of Global Underground and more, we await Guy’s second artist album which is currently in the works.
This summer season has seen Guy traveling far and wide with gigs at festivals like Global Gathering, Tommorowland, and tours to South America, Australia, USA and beyond

Zack Roth [ Silk Royal, Anjunadeep, and Flashover ]

A DJ with truly eclectic tastes in music, Zack Roth is an up and comer to look out for in the future. His style of music can be described as progressive, dark, and danceable, as his sets showcase his passion and love for a wide variety of electronic dance music.

Zack first got into electronic dance music in 2002, frequenting NYC clubs like Twilo, Exit, Roxy, and Vinyl/Arc. Zack officially made the jump into the NYC DJ scene in 2004, with a summer residency at the now-defunct mega club, Exit, followed by regular gigs at venues like Sullivan Room, Table 50 and Leopard Lounge in 2005.

In 2006, Zack began what would eventually become a 3-year residency at one of NYC’s most respected and well-known underground clubs, Love. It was here where Zack honed his craft, both technically and musically. “When I started playing at Love back in 2006, I obviously knew how to dj technically. But over the course of those 3 years, I would say I really started to develop my own sound. I had the opportunity to play opening and closing sets for some amazing djs. Guys like Quivver, Demi(SOS), Andy Moor, Max Graham, Christian Smith, Dave Seaman. These were djs I had always looked up to when I was starting out, and to be able to share the dj booth with them, for like 9 hour nights, was just an amazing experience.”

2007 was another big year for Zack, and he picked up another high-profile residency at newly-opened midtown club, Rebel, playing supporting sets for djs like Matthew Dekay, Christopher Lawrence, Dave Seaman, and Andy Moor. Zack also expanded his sound outside of NY, with gigs in neighboring cities, Philly, Providence, Washington DC, and New Jersey.

Perhaps most notably, in 2007 Zack launched his own record label, Cloudbreak Recordings. Cloudbreak Recordings gave Zack the ability to release some of his own productions, as well as to feature talented producers, both on the global and local levels. As of 2009, Cloudbreak Recordings’ roster includes the likes of Noel Sanger (Dissident), DJ Eco (Armada, Lunatique), and AlterImage (NYC).

Zack’s biggest year to date was 2008, as he hit the big room scene, playing regular gigs at Pacha, Webster Hall, Fur(DC) and Cielo, spinning alongside some of the globe’s biggest djs, including Mauro Picotto, Fedde Le Grand, Satoshi Tomiie, Joachim Garraud, Darren Emerson (Underworld), Matt Darey, and Robbie Rivera.

2009 has been yet another busy year for Zack, as he’s continued to play high-profile gigs in New York City and beyond, playing supporting sets for global jocks like Above & Beyond, Sander Van Doorn, Gareth Emery, Infected Mushroom, Donald Glaude and more. Zack has also begun to take the reigns as a headlining DJ, where he has the freedom to play the more banging and high-energy tracks that he loves. 2009 will also see Zack push into the production realm of the business with the same ambition and drive that has made him a successful DJ.

Recently in 2011 Zack played at Made Event's Electric Zoo. He is definitely a DJ you don't want to miss!

Criminal Sound residents:

Mark i.e. Cobián, Midnight Snack aka Stephen Garriques, & AJ Clay

Stemming from a wide variety of musical backgrounds and eclectic tastes, the three residents of Criminal Sound recently joined forces after discovering their incredible similarities and preferences in electronic music. When it comes to DJ'ing, Stephen, Mark, and AJ all believe in one thing: the programming of a night. Pulling from each of their own individual styles, the Criminal Sound name has already started to represent a distinctive sound that builds and progresses as the night carries on. Keep your ears to the speakers as this trio continues to lay down silky-smooth sets at venues throughout the city.

Limited Pre-sale tickets available at:

RESIDENT ADVISOR: http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?387293

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/events/264482193656810/

For Reduced Admission E-Mail: info@criminalsound.net

Event Location:
Sullivan Room
218 Sullivan Street (Between Bleeker & West 3rd)
New York, NY

Websites:
http://www.criminalsound.net/
http://www.residentadvisor.net/dj-home.aspx?name=guyj
http://www.sullivanroom.com
http://www.clandestine-artists.com

Back