What is going on? (Keep trance alive!)

enRu

Registered
Reaction score
First of all. This post might get spicy and might unlock some reactions ... many others will agree totally for sure... I mean no harm to AH.FM as this is the best radio ever for me. But I have the right to say my opionion... well here it is and open for yours too...

so... WTF is going on?!!

Did some forget what trance was and still is all about???

What is this commercial road that some (read many) are going on.

Don't focus me, I am just someone that posts what I think and will not vote "simply amazing" all the time, sorry that's why you have a choice... eh... I read it on other post numerous times too. I think more then enough people will agree that this is nr.1 trance radio in the world. SO... Let's keep it that way, and they ARE doing a wonderful job, really amazing! but some of the latest shows uploaded are just ... goddamned noise... You forgot about trance? Or you joined the roadwagon that delivers more popularity and more money? You don't have electro labels to put that on? So we can at least still find true trance? Eh. Forgive my rudeness... but it pisses me off... Trance is love for the music!

I'll stick to ah.fm -and hope everyone does- but if you want to play or hear electro, goddamned there are other edms for their prefs... AH.FM for me delivers exactly what I want. Quality, fine choonage!! Do not destroy the name of TRANCE. Nor AH.FM's respectfull status ...

I can tell you this, I might not be important, kindly ignore me, let's be clear that I am not speaking in name of AH.FM, I am nobody just a true trance fan saying his opinion, but I have been around in trance since 1993 and trance has a truely wild history that deserves to continue! Some say, eh "hardcore" not open for anything else. Oh... I AM open for other genres, I listen, check it out, no problem... and the love for other genres dies again... personal fine... but what is the goal HERE?

and more then this, in the past few years I see
- "other influences" getting released in trance labels (oh common)
- Livesets containing way too much other... (I understand that AH.FM staff has no time to listen before broadcasting the wide range of work they already have, so perhaps artists should consider what they actually love? Trance or not trance?)
- Though the explication I found and love truely of AH.FM states that they explicitly want DJs to post only trance/progressive but I did see also this:

So this is what we want to deliver. In other words, we do not want:

Any form of techno (including minimal)
Most forms of house (except progressive): Funky house, tribal house, techhouse, electrohouse, deep house, hard house, etc.

So please I want to hear trance(& as stated progressive)!

Otherwise what's next Bloody Beetroots?! It's amazing, don't get me wrong you will get a hell of a party, that's for sure, but is it trance?

NO

IT WILL NEVER BE... IT'S JUST ANOTHER GENRE...

and what do we want to hear here, or what will trance fans like myself buy? ... Oh well not that kind... but ok I am only one person, so you don't care perhaps... Sure about that? for me it's just more a matter of not destroying that amazingly fine history. Some people are new to trance and thinking that electro is trance... ... ... ...

PS: AH.FM is the best TRANCE radio no matter, just a shame that some go commercial... ...

Thank you to all the artists that KEEP it alive, you know who you are after reading this, and :bow:

There I said it...

Last edited:
546616_411162582274715_957531053_n.jpg

Thanks for the funny pic it is exactly what I am saying

Last edited:
and it happens once again...

some kill those eggs please :LMAO:

Last edited:
Hey mate, first off thank you for your honesty.

This is a very vague topic to be honest, I have to agree with you that we do have guidelines in place on what we will air & what DJs should follow as far as genre goes. However things to bend and shift sometimes and reach other genres at times. These days problem is many "trance" tracks are labeled trance BUT are not trance. I feel like a lot of tracks are mixed genres, they start off with trance and end with a techno beat etc ..

I believe AH.FM djs do their best to choose best possible trance tracks to keep things fresh in each set, swell keep them different from the full roster that we have, I mean you dont wanna hear each DJ playing same tracks all over.

I still think that AH.FM is True to Trance Music & I can promise you and community that myself and AH staff will do our best to keep the high standard as AH.FM is.

Cheers

So trance DJs can't flex their creative muscle and show some diversity in their tastes? It's one thing if DJs are submitting mostly house mixes with one "progressive trance" track in them (I get the frustration there), but what about a DJ who migrates through uplifting trance, epic trance, vocal trance, hard trance, breaks, techno, and tech trance? If the tracks are all solid, and work together as a whole, shouldn't we be applauding DJs who can make that work?

I get that we don't want shows dominated by non-trance genres taking over the airwaves in places like AH.fm. But if some of the DJs who play here wanna add some other genres to their mostly-trance sets, shouldn't we be praising them for thinking outside the box?

yeah i wonder lately the same, wtf is that? a trance radio or thunderdome, fuckin noise that i must turn off ah.fm and listen to mp3, due i cant listen to that shit.
and its not single track only whole set like that. where is ah.fm goin

Thanks for sharing the same feeling humandxp...

Eh, don't shoot the messenger, KulshanRecordings, I like AH.FM, but it is time to strengthen the rules if you want to claim to be "#1 for trance". Trance heck, where is the trance half of the time? Trance deserves more with the history of 25 years

I'm an amateur DJ however it seems I search deeper (compared to 50% of the DJs) ... Since the beauties are still out there. The commercial way is easy... and deadly for the beauty of trance.

And outside the box, sure, no problem with it, I respect every genre, some less, some more, just please label it right... electro is not trance and does not fit in ah.fm, enough radios for electro. Also productions in trance are going 128-132 emotional, depri, 2min long breakdowns, 100 songs the same way boring... Perhaps you have not lived trance in early 90s but I have lived it at fullest. It was 140-150 and flying energy, originality. Who's affraid of 138 of please, trance was born long before people like Armin and Tiësto that chosen the wrong way. I cannot see the rest is blindly following...

I REALLY, REALLY hate how most hotshot Trance DJs and artists are all about killing dance-floors, while still saying it's "Trance". This will just promote Trouse even further because of the fans of those DJs/artists/producers. With their "-.- get with the times this is new trance -.-" stupidity. Trance is about sweet feelings and happiness, not killing dance-floors. It just sickens me so much. Especially when Trance has a better effect than the double dose of antidepressants I take.

Don't get me wrong, I love House and Progressive too. But when I really want to feel good, Trance should still be there. At least the likes of Aly&Fila, Solarstone, Ahmed Romel and Simon O'Shine will stay the same for a while longer. I hope.

Back