Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: EOYC 2012 Community Contest Rules, Info & General Discussion

Thanks for the feedback appreciate it

Just got here
    Sorry guys. I really have to apologize for the mix i submitted for this years competition. I only heard about it an hour before 100 spaces were filled and didn't have time to submit a competition mix. I submitted a mix i did messing about with few new tunes i got that week. Because of this i don't expect to win a spot this year. I wish all the best to the guys who put effort and time into their mixes. There is a lot of talent out there and i wish i had the time to showcase mine Good luck to everyone who entered.

Quote Originally Posted by an_dr_ey View Post
    So far...
    Alex The Lion: very nice set, great tracks, massive transition
    DJ Yutaka Viper - first half is quite boring but second one... BANG, you used a massive track for starting uplifting part
    Galin Rashkov - unbelieveable uplifting set, amazing tracks you used, really enjoyed it
    Isaias Cobos - another massive great set!!
    Kimochi - really enjoyed your set mate, you got very good style for trance
    I am glad you enjoy my set ^_^

I noticed bit of musical racism here in this thread LOL Uplifting is not only and not best trance sub genere to date LOL Many of non+uplifty submissions tops 140bpm sets with most votes in many ways LOL
    DJ and producer signed to Armada Music. Making loud noises in the studio.

AH.FM Addict Become a supporter now MyStro023's Avatar
    More to post:

46. Cosmin Man - EOYC 2012 Contest

• I really liked the quirky opening track. I really enjoyed this set curse. You played plenty of track I had no clue of, lost me in the mindset of the mix, and really did an excellent job of providing mood, energy, and flow overall. Sure, I knew some of the tracks, and a couple were huge, but you provided a mix that looked through a number of crates. Good job mate!

47. Project Offset - EOYC 2012 Contest

• Good set, no glaring issues here either. The set was diverse in sound and had flow. I didnít get pulled in that much, but the overall presentation worked well in my opinion. I enjoyed that you played a wide range of styles in the set while still sticking to what came from the heart. Good call!

48. Pulse Origin - EOYC 2012 Contest

• Psy-Trance playing out at its finest. Iíve never been heavy into Psy, so youíll have to take my comments with that filter. Mixing seemed alright, I never heard any major issues. Energy was a constant but that is no surprise considering your style choice. I enjoyed the set, and could feel myself grooving during it, though I also never got lost into it. Still trying to decide, but the overall presentation was good, and I feel you have a shot at a vote from me. I really liked hearing some obscure vocal bits and samples in the tracks (The Matrix and the Drill things made me chuckle in a good way). It was also neat to hear a couple of big tunes retooled into the style you presented here (Dogzilla and AvB remixes)

49. S.K.Y. - EOYC 2012 Contest

• Not bad SKY but I didnít feel your set really offered all that much more than what I hear on AH regularly. It was a good mix of labels from two families really, which was nice as they put out good tunes. The technical side was clean but not engaging really for me. I canít fault you for a decent set and a good sound; you even threw Leon in there to entice me, but I donít think Iíll be voting just because I want to hear more variety of sounds here. Keep mixing, and work on finding your heart in the way you mix.

50. TranceMitor (Stalvart John) - EOYC 2012 Contest

• Your set was alright mate, but kind of felt like above - tracks I hear on the shows around here or other stations a lot. That mix into Jaíi Envie De Toi was a little rough. Your track selection includes a lot of Top hits of the year, and I was glad to see Solarstone made your list for the mix. The mixing itself just needs to be cleaned up more in my opinion. Keep working on it!

51. Mardouk - EOYC 2012 Contest

• Definitely a variety of sounds just looking at the labels you picked Ė good job! I wound up playing some Diablo 3 while listening and your sets varied atmosphere kept me focused and moving Ė both in game and in real life in my chair LOL. Overall, the mixes were fine, though a few felt a bit long and there were no noticeable clashes. Again, I liked the variety your set brought, so well done!

52. Alpha-Dog - EOYC 2012 Contest

• This should come as no surprise to Alpha, but his and my tastes do differ. Iím glad to see you still doing what you love dude! Mixes were nice and clean, music was stuff Iíve no clue about LOL. Definitely on the energetic side, it was cool to finally sit down and listen critically to your stuff. Your sound is definitely more unique compared to the sets Iíve been hearing in the competition. The thing is, it doesnít pull me in enough to make me want to go for it. Just our tastes being what they are I figure. Good staying true to your passion though dude!

53. John Senak - EOYC 2012 Contest

• Fast and furious mixing on this one. Your set has a huge amount of energy because of it, but Iím not sure I get into it enough to enjoy. There were definitely some great tracks in this mix (Go FALCONS!). A lot of the time Iím not sure where to focus on your mix though, as I donít see progression and just hear constant drops and energy riffs. While I can see a packed floor at the onset of the set, I see it emptying fairly quickly too because people never get the chance to breathe.

54. Vel - EOYC 2012 Contest

• Your intro is really basic, and could have used a bit more, I donít know, pizazz? The track itself is really pretty though. It has emotion and the waves of calm awesome I love in this music, while still keeping a good beat! The mixes later on in the set start to get a bit less clean, or perhaps a little quicker and less focused. Keep your ears in there when mixing and keep up the work of selecting a plethora of sounds you love.

55. Matii G - EOYC 2012 Contest

• Good tracks, and clean mixes, but for whatever reason I donít know why the first half sounds like so many other sets. Itís plagued me this whole contest that so many sets feature the same exact tracks. Youíve got tracks that are fresh and others that were big throughout the year, but they donít seem to branch out much until the end of your set. Iíd rather hear more of your closing sounds than the front half personally.

56. DanceMission - EOYC 2012

• Cool mood right out of the gate Ė I loved the progression from track one to track two. Overall the progression of your set is really spot-on in my opinion. I love the inclusion of Fortuna as that track was one I hear a lot for good reasons! The one downside however to the set as a whole is that it is very Armada centric in my opinion. You chose good tracks out of the catalog, but you never really feel like you venture too far from their norm sound. I would love to see a bit more variety in your track choices in the future.

57. Trancepharaoh - EOYC 2012 Contest

• Oh my gosh, I actually forgot I was listening while doing work to your set and forgot to comment! LOL. Sorry about that. The set itself actually flows pretty well, and I expected it to be a lot heavier considering your location and username. The front suffers the ďArmada focusĒ to me, and could do with some more variety. I looked for more progression as the set went on and it got there, but I never was grabbed by it. I was hearing it without listening if that makes sense. Canít say if it was simply a factor of work or something else.

58. dj_waxi - EOYC 2012

• Some great tunes in this one right here. Not sure Iím sold on the mashups yet. I liked hearing some songs from a few years back. Be careful about key clashing by the way Ė that can totally throw the mood of your set off and push prospective listeners away.

Just got here
    Nice, have good luck!

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread Information