You wanted critique? Here We go!

Legend:
    My Personal Favourites (+ vote)
    I'll give a vote for them
    BUURN!!!!

01 Metrostatic (59:16)
    - good progressive set. exactly what I need for warm up
    02 Darxis (61:56) - average, but very various trance set
    03 Alfurez (59:04) - awesome uplifting set.
    04 Galin Rashkov (60:53) - Another awesome set! My favourite
    05 April Elyse (61:43) - everything is awesome: Flow, tracks...but TRANSITIONS!!!!
    06 Lokki (61:31) -Technically set is good, but I don't feel flow.
    07 Cold Rush (60:40) - The most original set (yes, I watched tracklists - the only set with the dj-own tracks)
    08 DJ K4N (61:15) - look at set no. 06
    09 Agger (61:12)
    - look at set no. 08
    10 Enviate (58:09)
    - look at set no. 09
    11 DJ Pavle (60:10)
    - look at set no. 10

12 Distant Moon (59:57) - Very good selection, mate!
    13 DJ Alex The Lion (61:00) - Any feedbacks? I personally think this guy should win one of 14 slots on EOYC 2012
    14 Lucas Deyong (61:21) - Like commercial trance? If yes, then it's for you, but not for me
    15 MiMaMix (59:59) - no words, only emotions. Just WOW.
    16 Isaias Cobos (60:18) - you know, to end uplifting set with progressive track - not a deal. But it's the only thing I dislike in this set. 550 Senta should be the 1st or 2nd track in this set.
    17 Kimochi (60:26) - very good, very good mix
    18 Last Sunlight (61:07) - Just enjoyed this mix.
    19 DJ Yutaka Viper (60:09) - just another average HQ trance set.
    20 tranzLift (62:00) - These guys should win one of 14 slots on EOYC 2012. Reason: they use their own production in this mix. And this production is awesome.
    21 Trancer (61:57) - Look at this guy, he's a real Trancer!
    22 Sosenka (60:23) - great melodic set! Awesome vibe!
    23 Kiddy (61:55) - ...guess...
    24 Reech (61:05) - sorry, but I don't like pop music((
    25 Voodoo Child (61:02) - uhmmm....I can't decide ..

Wait for the new feedback!
    Quote Originally Posted by Enlusion View Post
    I've listened to the first 11 sets and really loved work by:

03. Alfurez - This one is the best from what I've heard , plenty of my favorite tracks here
    04. Galin Rashkov - amazing uplifting selection and transitions aswell, good example of interesting uplifting set, gonna vote for him for sure
    06. Lokki - Cool build up here and some really pumping tracks, well done!
    10. Enviate - First enjoyable progressive set, nice idea for build up with this 'deadmau5 beat style' and I'm just diggin this new track by Kandi so you'll surely get my vote
    thank guys for enjoy my set i make with passion of trance music its my line its my first time in this contest
    Last edited by Alfurez; Nov 5th, 2012 at 03:57.
    ►http://www.mixcloud.com/Alfurez/ https://www.facebook.com/Alfurez ◄

Quote Originally Posted by svr View Post
    This is my first time in this contest as i can see there is a lot of members here already have experience with the contest.
    i would like to ask if there is enough listeners here in this poll to listen to all the sets and vote for the good ones or everyone is asking his friends to support him ?
    There wasn't a "professional" board of evaluators of the sets so far...in previous years some of the winners got a hard critique for having too many votes from their friends. It was suggested to have professional board to evaluate the sets and the votes of the community count just a percent of the final mark. None of these have been put to the test yet, i think it is time consuming to listen to 100 sets. Yet, the adrenaline of the contest is worth while the effort. BTW, i have never won a spot in EOYC even if i have participated to every contest. While i have noticed that i'm the only one mixing in key (based on playlists that highlight this feature) and be technical about stuff, that didn't matter in the end Therefore this year i have put less time in making the set and have less hopes about getting one of those 14 spots. From my experience, about half the sets submitted for this contest are really good and they would deserve a spot...i might even suggest a joint set between winning contestants
    Dedicated to Trance - DJ contest Winner

Quote Originally Posted by cdman14 View Post
    There wasn't a "professional" board of evaluators of the sets so far...in previous years some of the winners got a hard critique for having too many votes from their friends. It was suggested to have professional board to evaluate the sets and the votes of the community count just a percent of the final mark. None of these have been put to the test yet, i think it is time consuming to listen to 100 sets. Yet, the adrenaline of the contest is worth while the effort. BTW, i have never won a spot in EOYC even if i have participated to every contest. While i have noticed that i'm the only one mixing in key (based on playlists that highlight this feature) and be technical about stuff, that didn't matter in the end Therefore this year i have put less time in making the set and have less hopes about getting one of those 14 spots. From my experience, about half the sets submitted for this contest are really good and they would deserve a spot...i might even suggest a joint set between winning contestants

You are not the only one who mixed in key. But I agree with you, and i'm guessing that probably 90% of the ppl doesn't even know what that is.

www.defconrecordings.com Lazarus's Avatar
    Good luck to all the contestants, hoping for another legendary EOYC
    New show time: Back From The Dead - Every 1st Monday 1900-2100 GMT (2000-2200 CET, 1400-1600 PST)
    Lazarus Twitter | Lazarus Facebook | Defcon Recordings website | Defcon Twitter
    SOUNDCLOUD

Quote Originally Posted by djyutaka View Post
    You are not the only one who mixed in key. But I agree with you, and i'm guessing that probably 90% of the ppl doesn't even know what that is.
    and if key doesn't match, but you feel that tracks fits to each other you won't play them together because of keys? imo checking keys is for beginners... ofc it's usefull all the time, but many people can hear it without any knowledge of this rule, just because of experience
    Metrostatic

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    Good luck to all the contestants, hoping for another legendary EOYC
    Thank you Lazarus

True, but some transitions do sound horrible if they are not in key. But as i said, a lot of ppl even don't know what that is, and imo it's not, cause bigginers haven't even heard for that. That is why they don't mix like that. Anyone is free to mix how each person think it's best. \o/

Quote Originally Posted by djyutaka View Post
    True, but some transitions do sound horrible if they are not in key.
    some !
    Metrostatic

Trance music i the Universal Language \o/ I'm not here to argue. I think mix is key is good. Usually, every dj/producer that has a radio show makes mix in key, but as i said, anyone is free to do what ever he/she wants wile djing. That is the charm of it. At the end will it be good or bad, thats the other question.

AH Listener
    I have mixed in key intentionally. But my set also includes some transitions that were not in key. I believe you won't recognize those transitions.

In my opinion mixing in key is a useful tool - especially for very long transitions. But you should also use your intuition. If you stick too much to mixing in key you become unflexible. And even in key transitions can sound horrible.
    Last edited by Voodoo Child; Nov 5th, 2012 at 16:52. Reason: typo
    http://www.mixcloud.com/VoodooChild/

Yes, i agree. One transition in my set is not mixed in key, and it's not noticeable, and i also agree that sometimes transitions in key sound horrible, but we use our ears then For me it's good, cause I don't loose a lot of time choosing tracks that i'm going to mix, cause i'm streaming 2h live sets usually every day, so it's a good toll for me.

i gave a listen to some sets starting with Dj Hike and others but in the end you will see my votes, i will not make any critique here, my critique will be the votes

AH Listener
    Quote Originally Posted by piccoli View Post
    i gave a listen to some sets starting with Dj Hike and others but in the end you will see my votes, i will not make any critique here, my critique will be the votes
    Nice one piccoli !!
    Last edited by Trancepharaoh; Nov 5th, 2012 at 19:03.

I've listened to 10 more sets (12-21), and here is the ones I really enjoyed:

12. Distant Moon - You can't go wrong by combining classics with some amazing uplifting tunes, really great melodic set! =)
    16. MiMaMix - Wow! Absolutely massive uplifting journey, definitely must enter the top14. This set is #1 for me till the date.
    20. tranzLift - High energy set with their best own tracks, would be nice to hear them at EOYC

amazing feedbacks wow !! love it i started also downloading the sets will be listening to them starting today...
    Most listened to Trance Radio - AH.FM
    Love AH.FM? become today.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information