Should a DJ use classic's in his set?

• Yes, regular

Votes: 185 80.4%
  • Yes, if it is a remix

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • No, only new tracks

Votes: 5 2.2%

• Total voters
Sure, why not? It's great to hear classics now and then. And new remixes of classics can be good too. You don't have to play oldies in your sets all the time, but when the mood is right for it, they can really lift your set :)

Sure, why not? It's great to hear classics now and then. And new remixes of classics can be good too. You don't have to play oldies in your sets all the time, but when the mood is right for it, they can really lift your set :)

i totally agree with your explanation

a big YES!!! right now I was listening to ASoT 200 tracks pack... all the tracks in the mix are superb classics...I'd play anytime any song from that playlist... and... I don't know, they remind me of long gone times :) ...ehhh, memories... anyway, YES, please DO USE classics in your sets guys! :)

:super:Yeah...i think its awesome when a golden oldie kicks in

Yup, i love hearing classics in live sets, gives me that nice warm feeling of recognizing a song everybody loves :)
Also like using classics myself every now and then, but they can be a bit difficult to play with some newer tunes...

I'm a really big fan of new + old. A lot of times us DJ's get tracks that are so new, nobody knows them yet with the exception of other DJs. You put classics in your mix, makes it go well with the regular Joe. Listen to Ep. 10 of Global Trance Sessions this Sunday ;) I've got a very nice mix of new + old in there.

Judging by the vote I'm on good ground when I agree

with Classics being used on mixes - when you come to

think about it the Dj's know what we want and nearly

always provide the goods, if they dont we drop them

and go on to another Dj, possibly, in my case they always

seem to provide what I want. Classics or new tracks as

long as they are great music no probs to me.

Cheers

I personally voted for ''yes if its a remix'' becouse the quality and class of too old trance doesnt fits in between new trance. ( my opinion )

Classics - They are memory recallers and have a definite place

in some sets - I love them - times gone by - cant beat it, nostalgia

old loves and sometimes disappointments but normally the good

times.

Keep them coming.

cheers

yes defintly yes .... look at pvd ... he use always his great classics
and he's second times number one at top 100

i'd say yes, coz they are allways so good! and they allways brings back good memories and gets in a good mood ;)

I like remixes of classics. Then it gives you both a new and old feeling at the same time, it's great!

Back