Music Library

Phosphate

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all!!

I have always had a little thing bother me, which is music library organization. I just organize my tunes by genre then the date in which I got the tune. I don't have a big problem with it but I feel there is a better way out there to organize... especially with our big electronic libraries :)

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!! :bravo:

I organize my files by Label first and then the release. The release's foldername is a concatenation of the release number, the artist and the release name. Everything else such as ordering by date or genre and favorite lists is organized by/in the music software. Structuring my files by genre would not work well for me as some tracks can't be classified clearly. Some progressive trance tracks, for example, could also be classified as progressive house. Moreover my library consists only of few genres: more than 90% is trance then there is some progressive house and few tracks from other EDM genres. The remainder is about 1% (contemporary pop music = 0.0% :grinning2:). I guess your library is more versatile then.

I organize my files by Label first and then the release. The release's foldername is a concatenation of the release number, the artist and the release name. Everything else such as ordering by date or genre and favorite lists is organized by/in the music software. Structuring my files by genre would not work well for me as some tracks can't be classified clearly. Some progressive trance tracks, for example, could also be classified as progressive house. Moreover my library consists only of few genres: more than 90% is trance then there is some progressive house and few tracks from other EDM genres. The remainder is about 1% (contemporary pop music = 0.0% :grinning2:). I guess your library is more versatile then.

Thanks for the reply Voodoo Child!! Well my library is probably 90% EDM, and the EDM is what I am really wanting to organize to make sure I have them in in years to come :)

Back