Mike Koglin Vs. P.O.S. - Untitled Audio [Anjunabeats] - ANJ 070

Ry Brooks

Registered
Reaction score
Mike Koglin Vs. P.O.S. - Untitled Audio [Anjunabeats] - ANJ 070

Mike Koglin returns with another Anjunabeats collaboration. The first collab was with Mark Pledger of Smith & Pledger fame, entitled Ultraviolet. Koglin is a Grammy nominated British trance producer and has been on the scene for a fair few years now, most associated with the hit track ‘The Silence’ hugely successful in the late 90’s and hammered by some of the best DJ’s in the world.

POS is an alias of trance trio Above & Beyond most associated with the extremely successful ‘Trance Around The World’ radio show, a Cream residency in Ibiza, and of course countless productions. Other aliases worth noting are Oceanlab, Tranquility Base, Nitromethane and Dirt Devils.

Collaborations like this are always eye openers as soon as you see the names together, and that’s a credit to their production history, definitely more hit than miss.

1. Original mix

The Original mix is pretty standard trance here, nothing ground breaking but more what is expected. The track moves along nicely, rolling basslines really build the track up well, something expected with A&Beyond tracks in particular. The breakdown is divine, crystal clear production really makes it stand out alot, and your definitely going to have your hands in the air.

2. Nitrous Oxide Remix

The remix is actually, in my opinion, better than the original. Nitrous Oxide isn’t aswell known in the trance scene yet but Krzysztof Pretkiewicz part of better known 3rd Moon (Diving In The Sky) and alias N20, has really pulled out the stops here. The remix is a huge uplifting trancer, and if you had your hands up for the original you may need stilts this time! Definitely a producer I think is worth watching for the future, and the fact Koglin & A&Beyond chose him backs that up.

2. Nitrous Oxide Remix

The remix is actually, in my opinion, better than the original. Nitrous Oxide isn’t aswell known in the trance scene yet but Krzysztof Pretkiewicz part of better known 3rd Moon (Diving In The Sky) and alias N20, has really pulled out the stops here. The remix is a huge uplifting trancer, and if you had your hands up for the original you may need stilts this time! Definitely a producer I think is worth watching for the future, and the fact Koglin & A&Beyond chose him backs that up.

agreed love that remix <3

I also think the Nitrous Oxide Remix is better. The Original just doesn't have enough power, not a big climax or anything. That's where the NO Remix steps in. Nice review.

Old song, but still great. His album was insane!

Back