defektion

Registered
Reaction score
0011dave.jpg

DJ Name: Dave Dfekt
How Long Have I Been Djing: 3 years
Style: Progressive Trance / Trance / Tech Trance
Biography:
Dave is a young ambitious DJ, and has become Alberta’s prominent poster boy for Trance and Progressive with a dream to introduce and help create a better understanding of Trance to Canadian clubbers.

Born in Edmonton, Alberta on August 24th 1986, Dave was not a musical person to begin with. Learning to play the violin at 10 and failing, music had never been a strong interest to him after that. During the younger years Dave was introduced to 90’s dance music, which had later introduced him to trance. Dave had also taken an interest in the progressive side of Trance while listening to Markus Schulz’s – Global DJ Broadcast, with this helped him expand his range of sound in later years.

In 2000 with the rise of the rave scene, Dave had taken absolutely no interest and focused more on the music, listening to early episodes of Armin Van Buuren’s – A State of Trance, broadened Dave’s sound. During those years, older brother Phil Lam brought home turntables. After watching Phil mixing on the turntables it was obvious enough that Dave would follow the footsteps. Dave was making early mixed CD’s with AtomixMP3 (http://www.atomixmp3.com/) but still with a rough idea of what went on behind the decks.

The year 2004 came around and Dave had taken the path to become a DJ, with a small residency in a local city Bar on Sunday nights, Dave was able to practice and perfect his skill during those nights. During the year, Dave was taken onboard United Productions (http://www.unitedproductions.ca) as a graphic designer to design flyers and promote. Dave had later on went to his first party with headliner Ferry Corsten, who at the time left a huge impact on him, on what these events were like. Dave’s first experience had him going to future events featuring talents like Judge Jules, Tiesto, and Paul Oakenfold. It had given Dave the ambition that in the summer of 2004 teaming up with older brother Phil Lam, that Dave had decided to run a Sunday night club night at a new bar that had recently opened up.

On September 4th, 2004, Boodang introduced the first rave in Edmonton after the rave by-law had been passed on August 29, 2002. Attending a rave for the first time, Dave did not know what to expect, but a gathering of peoples all there for 1 thing, to Dance.

At the present time, Dave’s renowned reputation has allowed him to share the turntables with many international acts such as, Armin Van Buuren, Markus Schulz, Johan Gielen, Judge Jules, Above & Beyond, Darude, Infected Mushroom, Rank 1, and Benny Benassi. Dave had also opened for Godskitchen in Edmonton in July 2006. The year 2006 marks a significant year for Dave as he holds a special guest residency in western Canada’s largest club, Fever nightclub.

Other Comments:
March 10th, 2007, I will be opening Gatecrasher in Edmonton.

Latest Sets:

1. Mason - Exceeder
2. Eric Prydz Presents Pryda - Shadows (Original Mix)
3. Markus Schulz Feat. Carrie Skipper - Never Be The Same Again (Jose Amnesia Shawn Mitiska Remix)
4. Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars (Topher Jones Blake Jarrell Remix)
5. Filo & Peri - Ordinary Moment (Breakfast Remix)
6. Boiler and Coenraad - Mighty Ducks (Original Mix)
7. Alex Morph & Rank 1 - Life Less Ordinary (Original Mix)
8. Cosmic Gate - Shoud Have Known (Dub Mix)
9. Kyau vs Albert - Are You Fine (Original Mix)
10. Stoneface and Terminal - Venus (Original Mix
11. Dogzilla - Without You (John O’Callaghan Remix)
12. Galen Behr Presents Earthquake Vs Hydroid - Carabella (Galen Behr Vs Orjan Remix)
13. Orjan - Arctic Globe (Original Mix)
14. Arctic Monkeys - When The Sun Goes Down (Sander Van Doorn Remix)

1. Sunlounger - White Sand (DJ Shah’s Original Mix)
2. Jose Amnesia feat. Jennifer Rene - Louder (Vocal Dub Mix)
3. Joonas Hahmo - The Fusion (Hawk Remix)
4. Karen Overton - Your Loving Arms (Markus Schulz & Elevation Intro Mix)
5. Alex Morph & Rank 1 - Life Less Ordinary (Original Mix)
6. Aalto - 5 (Original Mix)
7. Club Scene Investigators - Direct Dizko (Sander Van Doorn Remix)
8. Kyau vs. Albert - Are You Fine? (Vardran Dub Mix)
9. Re:Locate - Rogue (Original Mix)
10. O’Callaghan & Kearney - Exactly ((Original Mix)
11. Team SR - Leaving London (T4L Remix)

AH.FM DEMO SUBMISSION

http://www.mediafire.com/?fybtmdrmxmj

58:39
1. Lolo -Take My Hand
2. BoomJinx - Come Play Perfect
3. Richard Durand - Sunhump 2006
4. Jose Amnesia Feat. Jennifer Rene - Louder (Original Mix)
5. Andy Moor Vs. Orkidea - Yearzero (Andy Moor's First Light Mix)
6. DJ Tiesto - Lethal Industry (Richard Durand Remix)
7. Bolier & Coenraad - Mohawk (Original Mix)
8. Joop - The Future (Original Mix)
9. R.V.D.B. - Access (Randy Katana Remix)

This is my Demo Submission. When i'm not playing at the clubs or promoting, I want to have a radio show. And I thought afterhours.fm would be the perfect place to do it.
btw, Those who are attending Trance Energy 2007, let me know I will be there!!!! :D

Also I would also like to take the AH.FM branding and put it on all the parties I am apart of. :) I've also had a passion for trance since i was 13.. soo lets say 7 years? lol.

as for time slots.. no idea. I would rather like a monthly slot. I might be able to get very very exclusive mixes from dj's/producers i know of ;) but i'm gonna keep this a suprise. Need to ask them first lol.

will download and check it out..

we see what comments people give :)

btw im from calgary close by :)

oh cool, which club? whiskies? tantra? warehouse?

all good clubs in my opinion. :) alot happening in edmonton in trance scene?

Limelight, and maybe cherry lounge....

Well not too much happenign in the trance scene. lol only big shows happen and thats everyones dose of trance. and the Boodang Raves ! :)

yeah.. most of the trance scene is in Europe I guess and Asia.
thats what we need here more Asian listeners :)

download is 20% done... ill give it a listen :)

Hey dave :) This all sounds really well. Let me take a listen :)

I think you are a good dj. Your transitions take pretty long sometimes..
Why did you choise for the andy moor mix of yearzero? :p: I see you already have a show @ ah.fm. Good work. Im excited to hear your first episode :LMFAO:

Oh and also.. The volume of your demo submission is really low somehow :( I have to turn my volume about 2x higher to get somewhat good sound..

Last edited:
Hey dave :) This all sounds really well. Let me take a listen :)

I think you are a good dj. Your transitions take pretty long sometimes..
Why did you choise for the andy moor mix of yearzero? :p: I see you already have a show @ ah.fm. Good work. Im excited to hear your first episode :LMFAO:

Oh and also.. The volume of your demo submission is really low somehow :( I have to turn my volume about 2x higher to get somewhat good sound..

yeah I didn't really turn up the volume or edit it properly. I just mixed it and submitted it lol.

Back