Hawk - You're Mine & Limitations of Language (AVA Digital 001)

TimEL

Registered
Reaction score
AVA Digital's debut release comes to us by someone you'll be familiar with from our first release on AVA Recordings, Hawk.

This time, he offers up a double A side (yes, we know it's impossible for an MP3 to have sides, but we're all for tradition).

A: 'You're Mine' - A slice of melodic progressive trance, or whatever you wish to label it. Lovely melodies, a lovely bassline, lovely use of minimal vocals, and it's, well, simply lovely.

B: 'Limitations Of Language' - We're all limited in language; us here at AVA can only speak English (and not very well at that!), and we also know of one label who have lost their language. Getting back on track, here's another piece of music from Mr. Hawk. I'm sure you'll agree that there's no need for a better description, otherwise we'd be going against the theme of this one.

Quote is taken from www.avarecordings.com. Here are my thoughts about the track:

A: 'You're Mine' - A great track! Didn't expect anything else from Hawk. It's starts of with a slamming intro. Right from the beginning it sounds like music in your ears. Sweet music. Then there are several relaxing background sounds. Little bit of minimal vocals and then there comes the break. It really takes you to the clouds, because it's so relaxing. Then, all of the sudden, comes the great melody. The beat is getting back on the background and then it comes back in full speed. Amazing way to continue the track and all the sounds combined make an amazing track. When you think that was it, Hawk adds another, small, melody part to it. Then the minimal vocals come back to the track and the end is near. Excellent, progressive trance track.

B: 'Limitations of Language' - Another superb track by Hawk. I thought that my day couldn't get better with You're Mine, but Limitations of Language is even better. It starts of with a great bassline and raw sounds. Nice background melody and after a while he adds another background melody to it. So far it's already been an amazing ride through this track. But then the beat fades away and the break comes in. This break is more amazing than I've heard in a long time. Relaxing melody and smooth background. Then the bassline comes back and you hear those raw sounds again. The beat comes back and then there is this awesome melody. One of the greatest melodies I've ever heard. This track just rolls on with his great beats, bassline and melody. But then the melody get's a change and more and more sounds/melodies come in. Hawk really makes this an amazing rollercoaster-ride. Your ears really get spoiled with this track. Another excellent, progressive trance track. Highly recommended to everyone!

What do you think of this release?

hmm.. I heard limitations of language only one time.. I heard you're mine more tho.. i don't know.. it sounds like a David West rip-off to me to be honest :/ i was kinda disappointed , i heard WAYY better stuff from Hawk..
Limitations of Language sounded better tho , less rip-off , hehe :)

Dissapointing...

hmm.. I heard limitations of language only one time.. I heard you're mine more tho.. i don't know.. it sounds like a David West rip-off to me to be honest :/ i was kinda disappointed , i heard WAYY better stuff from Hawk..
Limitations of Language sounded better tho , less rip-off , hehe :)

The Hawk Remix of Capoeira and the hawk remix of The Fusion are better than these tracks. Also tracks like Cantus and Space Between, from his alias 'HKN'. But I do think that these ones are great too.

But I think that the Hawk Remix of Capoeira is the best thing he's made.

Really nice, I love the percussion and melody on You're Mine, but I'd have to say that Limitations of Language is better then You're Mine!

Back