There are millions of people who are sitting in front of their computer right now trying to figure out how promote music to reach masses and how do they make people become a fan to care about their music in the first place. Each individual is different and unique in their approach to grab the attention of their fans or paying customer.
Here are some mistakes to avoid that will save you time and a lot of money.
1. Please have a clear and concise goal when you start.
2. Counting on friends and family to help for free.
3. Trying to reinvent the wheel. People are already programmed a certain way to the way the system is.
4. Before creating an album or a group from an executive aspect extensive research should have been done to see if there was enough people in that market to support the style of music that you are doing.
5. Marketing a product is more important than the product itself.