Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Server Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Yes I agree it was useful, but also it was old (6 years old) in these years lots of have changes, technology changes etc...

I never said it is all gone for ever, new banner is being created, ON AIR and Next On Air will be implemented...

in mean time as i type the "Now Playing" is blank, don't know if is me or not i do refresh and still blank, just to let you know Dan, i like to help

LOL now it appears

Yes I agree it was useful, but also it was old (6 years old) in these years lots of have changes, technology changes etc...

I never said it is all gone for ever, new banner is being created, ON AIR and Next On Air will be implemented...
    I fail to understand how this is important. Sun is also old and it works pretty well so far :D Am I missing a bigger picture here Dan?

Quote Originally Posted by Remedy View Post
    I fail to understand how this is important. Sun is also old and it works pretty well so far :D Am I missing a bigger picture here Dan?
    Some old code does not work with new code and is deprecated with new server, also I think having ON AIR and Next on AIR will be sufficient... no need for NEXT5 or next30

Like i said bare with us for next 1-2 weeks till new banner is done... so next on air and on air now will be visible on all pages of the forum and not only on main page. I still did not move the server to the new one... doing it all very carefully step at a time
    Most listened to Trance Radio - AH.FM
    Love AH.FM? become today.

Some old code does not work with new code and is deprecated with new server, also I think having ON AIR and Next on AIR will be sufficient... no need for NEXT5 or next30

another idea Dan i don't know if this can put in practice is putting the shows for "the day" like you do on facebook, a list of the show for the day, but i believe in facebook is automatic? maybe here can't be automatic and will cause a lot of work

Yes that bug was found and fixed...

OK fair point, old code which doesn't get along nicely with new one. Got it. However I still can't understand why You don't wanna make all new with new code. What's wrong with having next 5 shows? Da hell with 5 next, the more important thing is 5 previous! I'm listening to the radio even on smartphone and I don't always check what is palying currently but I remember the time so I can check it later. Please don't tell me You are getting rid of this too.

EDIT: 500th post celebration!

Quote Originally Posted by piccoli View Post
    in mean time as i type the "Now Playing" is blank, don't know if is me or not i do refresh and still blank, just to let you know Dan, i like to help

LOL now it appears

fixed thanks

OK fair point, old code which doesn't get along nicely with new one. Got it. However I still can't understand why You don't wanna make all new with new code. What's wrong with having next 5 shows? Da hell with 5 next, the more important thing is 5 previous! I'm listening to the radio even on smartphone and I don't always check what is palying currently but I remember the time so I can check it later. Please don't tell me You are getting rid of this too.
    If you like something you hear you can see whats playing ... we have a schedule on mobile for whole month its all there... we see no point in having next5 last 5 on main page of the site ... were redoing many things... id rather use that space for upcoming special live broadcasts, or special events or contests... sorry but Next on AIR and on air now is enough.

btw Dan the AH.FM app for iphone works on the iOS 7? i didn't update yet i will wait some weeks before going to that.

Quote Originally Posted by piccoli View Post
    btw Dan the AH.FM app for iphone works on the iOS 7? i didn't update yet i will wait some weeks before going to that.
    hey mate, were rebuilding both android and iphone app.. but the the in the market should work no problem.

If you like something you hear you can see whats playing ... we have a schedule on mobile for whole month its all there... we see no point in having next5 last 5 on main page of the site ... were redoing many things... id rather use that space for upcoming special live broadcasts, or special events or contests... sorry but Next on AIR and on air now is enough.
    Well it's Your circus and Your monkeys. You're gonna do what You think is right, it's not like I have to agree with that and it's not like You have to take my opinions into consideration. Just wanted to let You know that it was a VITAL part of Your site/radio for me and I'm sure many others.
    Speaking of smartphone app, sadly You don't have one for Bada (Samsung's OS that is practically dead now) so I can't take advantage of that. Using TuneIn Radio app to listen to Your station.
    Anyway good luck with that update, I'll just have to deal with the changes. Cheers

Well it's Your circus and Your monkeys. You're gonna do what You think is right, it's not like I have to agree with that and it's not like You have to take my opinions into consideration. Just wanted to let You know that it was a VITAL part of Your site/radio for me and I'm sure many others.
    Speaking of smartphone app, sadly You don't have one for Bada (Samsung's OS that is practically dead now) so I can't take advantage of that. Using TuneIn Radio app to listen to Your station.
    Anyway good luck with that update, I'll just have to deal with the changes. Cheers
    I appreciate your feedback, will tell the new dev that is doing the new banner as much info as possible so everyone is happy. Thanks again.

I appreciate your feedback, will tell the new dev that is doing the new banner as much info as possible so everyone is happy. Thanks again.
    In terms of bitching, complaining, moaning and ranting You can always count on me On a serious note tho, I might not be the most active forum member but I'm always willing to help You guys improve things around here. :*

In terms of bitching, complaining, moaning and ranting You can always count on me On a serious note tho, I might not be the most active forum member but I'm always willing to help You guys improve things around here. :*

thx

AH FAN
    Hi Dan,

Long time listener but I don't log in much and post. I really liked the Next 5 thing, it allowed me to see if I was interested in an upcoming show in the next few hours. A big problem for me is that there were no time stamps indicating when this show was on (since shows typically vary from 1 or 2 hrs) it was hard to judge what time the show I was looking forward to would be playing. Will there/Is there a schedule for the day (similar to Digitally Imported) which would make my life much easier?!

I'm just throwing in my 2 cents since other people have done the same . Currently, I feel the only way that someone knows when a show is on is to be a frequent follower of the radio show. Great work so far nonetheless! <3

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information