Server Upgrade

dan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all, well its time for AHFM to upgrade our services again with new hardware, new software and all the nice things, xmas is still far away but this needs to be done :)

So over the next few days / weeks you might see small slowdowns on the forum and some changes... most visible will be the next5 last5... that system is really old and will be removed.

Once were done with the full move to the new server you guys will notice huge speed difference on forum. So please bare with us over next few days / week...

Once its 100% complete ill announce it in this thread.

Cheers everyone

Hello all, well its time for AHFM to upgrade our services again with new hardware, new software and all the nice things, xmas is still far away but this needs to be done :)

So over the next few days / weeks you might see small slowdowns on the forum and some changes... most visible will be the next5 last5... that system is really old and will be removed.

Once were done with the full move to the new server you guys will notice huge speed difference on forum. So please bare with us over next few days / week...

Cheers everyone

Thanks a lot Dan,Keep up the great work :):best:

Cheers everyone

:super: :bravo: Looking forward to the speed (difference) increase Dan ! :good2: :bumpit:

:: Afterhours.fm - Next ::

:driver:

Thanks for the URL of this topic, CICA9THC ! :grinning:

Dan is the master at making servers run faster :driver::captain::book:

so no more next 5 last 5?

nope... many issues with is in the past, links did not work well and just lots of pain.

Hey Dan :)

but an idea is to find a way to put "Now Playing" in a more visible way to people whos new to the site can have a picture what's playing when they get in, well it's a idea, and i agree with updates i am always fan of updates. Well hope you don't get upset with me for giving you ideas Dan :)

Hey Dan :)

but an idea is to find a way to put "Now Playing" in a more visible way to people whos new to the site can have a picture what's playing when they get in, well it's a idea, and i agree with updates i am always fan of updates. Well hope you don't get upset with me for giving you ideas Dan :)

no mate its all good .. and your idea is a nice one it will come :)

no mate its all good .. and your idea is a nice one it will come :)

another thing, the actual now playing get stuck in the set playing, for instance now i am @ work, needed to leave the pc and when i got back i was like this, i watched the time and i said another set started maybe who's playing? i watched the now playing and was yet in the former set i needed to refresh the page to update that, there is no way to put that automatic? or only works with refresh/F5?

Cheers everyone

I see :good: Thank's for notification :)

and by the way, who would ask for support to change the name of my profile? and if possible make it as "Mike Way" thank you very much :)

another thing, the actual now playing get stuck in the set playing, for instance now i am @ work, needed to leave the pc and when i got back i was like this, i watched the time and i said another set started maybe who's playing? i watched the now playing and was yet in the former set i needed to refresh the page to update that, there is no way to put that automatic? or only works with refresh/F5?

hmm it updates for me automatic ..
That I messaged you (Dan) about on Wednesday after Le Saux ended when you told me you'd dig into how that happened. It took 10 minutes that day on my end for Now Playing to go from showing Le Saux to Lange as the show that was actually airing. If this is still happening to other users/listeners, that still has to be considered a problem.

That I messaged you (Dan) about on Wednesday after Le Saux ended when you told me you'd dig into how that happened. It took 10 minutes that day on my end for Now Playing to go from showing Le Saux to Lange as the show that was actually airing. If this is still happening to other users/listeners, that still has to be considered a problem.

Yes that bug was found and fixed...

Back