Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ShowsBot

I love Music
Reaction score

Orkidea

orkidea.jpg

Tracklist:

01. Jam & Spoon Feat. Plavka: Find Me (Sally Shapiro Remix)
02. Twice As Nice: Overture (Guy J Remix)
03. Navid Mehr: 1984 (Andre Sobota Remix)
04. London Grammar: Hey Now (Arty Remix)
05. Claudia Cazacu: Deal With God feat. Brian Molko
06. Spektre: Sense In Madness (Original Club Mix)
07. Maison & Dragen: Immortal Love feat. Toni Nielson
08. Alexander Popov: Solar Wind
09. Nicholas Bennison: Shattered Angles
10. Driftmoon: Howl At the Moon (Solarstone Retouch)

Download:

Orkidea - Radio Unity 062 on AH.FM 19-02-2014.mp3
http://yousaved.it/5J0

Discuss the show below, all comments welcomed. Enjoy the show? please Vote on the Poll.​
Never have to miss the show again, let us remind you or follow us Twitter for updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome everyone! Hope you'll enjoy the show. I'll be here chatting about the tracks throughout the show :)

Kicking things off with a revisited classic from the early 90s. Jam & Spoon are one of the original innovators of the whole "trance" genre and many of their singles and remixes are defining milestone for me. Find Me is one of their biggest hits, but it started originally as a 10 minute instrumental original called 'Odyssey to Anyoona'. Here is an interesting revisit by nudisco talent Sally Shapiro. Very different from what I play at my gigs but this just oozes emotion, PLUR and warm vibes so wanted to open this month with it.

hello everyone. Nice, chilled beginning of the show. :)

Guy J is probably my favourite progressive producer from the last couple years and seems like his productions are just getting better and better. Here is a remix of a little known dutch gem Guy licensed to his label and remixed into a warm and groovy proggy number. Perfect early evening material for my sets and will be surely played this weekend when I'm opening nights in New York on Friday and Toronto on Saturday.

Seems like I'm the only person not watching olympics. I'm more excited, that champions league is back, hah ;)

Another fave prog producer of the recent years is Andre Sobota from Brazil. His output is such great, emotional, groovy, floatey and atmospheric sound which are also perfect for opening a trance night or closing a proggy one. Also one of the names getting support and recognition from many genres from tech house and progressive to trance and techno. 1984 is another winner from him which I first heard in Paul Oakenfold's Full On Fluoro Mix - which again is perhaps my fave podcast :)

Orkidea: Radio Unity 062 @ Afterhours.fm - 19.02.2014
---

Back