Defining EDM? Trance? Techno? etc.

GreyDog

Registered
Reaction score
As many of you wander the net, you come across the data that makes up our world today.
Part of that world that brings us all together here, is our communitive love for EDM, and of course Dan's AH.FM.
I suppose the DJ's help too:)
As I have tried to understand as much as I can, I still need help from all of you.

Can we try to define EDM a little better than this:
Wiktionary's definition

As many of you wander the net, you come across the data that makes up our world today.
Part of that world that brings us all together here, is our communitive love for EDM, and of course Dan's AH.FM.
I suppose the DJ's help too:)
As I have tried to understand as much as I can, I still need help from all of you.

Can we try to define EDM a little better than this:
Wiktionary's definition

Hi G.,
To make a long story short allow me to give my input in this matter;
EDM, as the word mentions:

1) Western Music
2) Electronic
3) Danceable; usually considered between |120-140/5| ALL STYLES included (from electro to psy/psy-trance

If all of the above are yes, then it is EDM.

Cheerz

:ah:

Good points.
What is concidered Western Music?

in my opinion EDM means ... Electronic Dance music [pop, dance, hardcore, ambient, techno, trance, drum & bass, aso....]

where can i find them?
email me and i will have a look mate.

EDM is so many Things now a days, it's hard to define.

where can i find them? email me and i will have a look mate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_dance_music :blink:
There you go people... I think that should be enough for the start point of building an idea of the styles... For me personally EDM is the broad range of many styles... :megacrazy: But all and all I can describe it as Subcultures combined together (with range from 120bpm to 140bpm as Shiva wrote above) to form sort of a moovement or interest if you like... :music:

Back