Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ShowsBot

I love Music
Reaction score

Orkidea

orkidea.jpg

Tracklist:

01. Jeremy Olander & Fehrplay: Balboa (The Final Version)
02. Justin Oh, Jonny Rose: City Lights (Original Dub Mix)
03. Paul Thomas:Ultraviolet (Max Freegrant Remix)
04. Cirez D vs Green Velvet: On Off Lazer Beams (Blake Jarrell Mashup)
05. Above & Beyond: Hello
06. Maison & Dragen: Immortal Love (Instrumental Mix)
07. Above & Beyond: Sun In Your Eyes (Mark Sherry's 'Argentinian Sun' Remix)
08. Liquid Soul: Nirvana (Activa Remix)
09. CM: Dream Universe (Activa Remix)
10. Paul Oakenfold: Cafe Del Mar (Activa Remix)

Download:

Orkidea - Radio Unity 063 on AH.FM 19-03-2014.mp3
http://yousaved.it/3cs

Discuss the show below, all comments welcomed. Enjoy the show? please Vote on the Poll.​
Never have to miss the show again, let us remind you or follow us Twitter for updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey ya! Just came online so I'll be doing live chat and track infos here for the next 50 mins :)

Orkidea: Radio Unity 063 - 19.03.2014
---

Welcome! Great moody start to the show.

Like to start the Radio Unity sets with more progressive stuff and then move slowly towards the more banging and trancey stuff. Hope you'll enjoy the show!

All good here! It's 7pm here in Helsinki so I just came home. How is US?

Pretty good. Still feels like winter here wish it would go away. So ready for some warmer weather.

Two of my favourite progressive DJs and key people of Eric Prydz' Pryda family. Both have been in fine form lately and their collaboration is one of the strongest from them. This was born during their US your when warming up for Eric and I can imagine this tracks being perfect for that context. Jeremy has played for my JACK night here in Helsinki and he is such a lovely and down-to-earth guy as well.

Perfect feel good, summery progressive from the South Korean rising star Justin Oh. Perfect for opening trance night of for closing a proggy one.

03. Paul Thomas: Ultraviolet (Max Freegrant Remix)
Paul Thomas classic 'Ultraviolet' gets remix treatment on his own new label. This Max Freegrant rather "Jerome Isma-aeish" remix is my fave of the bunch. This rocked well in my set at Pure Trance NYC couple weeks ago when warming up for Solarstone.

Pretty good. Still feels like winter here wish it would go away. So ready for some warmer weather.

I doubt it's as bad as up in the Great White North of Canada :). We had 25cm of snow last weekend.

Usually the Radio Unity mixes are quite home listening friendly, mellow and atmospheric and I don't play that much the groovier and techy 100% dance floor stuff but this month I wanted to include some of those in here too. This Blake Jarrel's reconstruction of the mashup Eric Prydz has been using in his live sets - combining Prydz's Cirez D classic On Off and the more recent Green Velvet' Lazer Beams. Reach for da lasers! :)

PLayed so far:

03. Paul Thomas:Ultraviolet (Max Freegrant Remix)

I doubt it's as bad as up in the Great White North of Canada :). We had 25cm of snow last weekend.

Yeah probably not. Your way north than I am, hope it goes away for ya soon.

BTW wonderful track right now.

05. Above & Beyond: Hello
From all the more trousey 128 bpm trance Above & Beyond seem to be the one doing that stuff best for me. Hello has a nice combination of proper 2014 techy groove, 1999 euphoric breakdown and a hint of 1994 in the build up arpeggio. One of the highlights in my recent sets at the Orkidea & Friends tour and surely one of the Miami WMC power plays in the trancey events.

PS. And extra points for the fellow Finn Paavo Siljamäki being 1/3 of Above & Beyond ;)

06. Maison & Dragen: Immortal Love (Instrumental Mix)

This is so far my #1 trance track of 2014. Originally released in the end of last year with vocals, but fellow Finns Maison & Dragen were kind enough to make me an instrumental version which is going down very very well in my sets and is perfect for building from the 128 prog to more full on trance. And the plucky riff is veeeeery catchy.

PS. And extra points for the fellow Finn Paavo Siljamäki being 1/3 of Above & Beyond ;)

Finns have a great reputation for trance. You, Paavo, Super8 & Tab, Darude etc.

Back