Med - In You

Lazarus

www.defconrecordings.com
Registered
Reaction score
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. In my opinion, this is the best trance tune to emerge since Robert Nickson - Spiral.

Every now and again a tune comes along that epitomises everything that I love about the genre as a whole. Crisp basslines, fabulous melodies, and a breakdown not only to die for, but worth coming back to life for. Spiral is one of them, Ferry's version of Adagio is another, and "In You" is right up there with them.

Given that I hear a lot of tunes, as I'm sure most of us do, you can hopefully appreciate the sheer joy that you feel when you hear a tune that completely blows you away when you hear it for the first time. I'd played many of Med's tunes before on my shows and my demos, and they were all good or even excellent. Having first heard it as an ambient intro tune last year I loved the piano line and the melody, and so when I first heard he was "making it a bit more beefy" (thanks to one of those fabled "Post Your Desktop" threads where I spotted it on his lol) I awaited with eager ears. But I'll be first to admit I never thought it would be this good.

In roughly nine genre-defining minutes, Med has done the well-nigh impossible. Since I first heard it I've caned it and caned it so much on my show you'd think it was a naughty schoolgirl. It's been my most-requested tune of the last three months. I used it in my first Afterhours FM guest mix and seem to recall a lot of positive interest. I've occasionally fought against the urge to play it just in case of overkill but as yet I haven't reached that point. In fact, far from getting sick of it, I actually think I like it even more now than I did then! There's not been one time I haven't heard it and been blown away, and if it comes on my car stereo when I'm driving home, I'll take a detour just to make sure I hear it all.

Forthcoming on Abora Recordings, hear a clip for yourselves over at www.myspace.com/medlockmusic

I know others may not like it quite as much as I do, and I know musical taste is subjective blah blah blah which is why I never normally do threads about how great tunes are. But this one's different! Trust me. :)

"I've caned it and caned it so much on my show you'd think it was a naughty schoolgirl."

lol

but seriously, this is an absolute delight of a track :love:

Back