Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New AH Player + comment system

wtf is going on forum!? totally useless changing

bring back previous version!!!
    trance to nie tylko muzyka

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫ Become a supporter now
    Quote Originally Posted by piccoli
    so Dan that means we can't comment the show in live sets in the forum anymore? so the fun is over i imagine the EOYC without a thread in the forum to follow it, but ok change is a change we need to get used to it.
    Absolutely agree with that. While u can see not so much comments on a regular show threads and so that's why they are gone, I can't say the same about EOYC-like events. Yeah, there are less posts than in 2010, but we could still create threads for massive events like EOYC, YAMC etc? I think it won't hurt much or will it? All it takes is just create a thread and place a flyer with timestamps in it. Tracklisting wont be a problem at all I guess.
    I'll miss those spamfests so much, even if I dont comment a lot last years...

P.S.

R A V E

Quote Originally Posted by A Higher State View Post
    Will there be a separate volume control, as a I often have AH in background when playing online. As it is its blasting out loud.
    Yes its planned on next build .. days time ...
    Most listened to Trance Radio - AH.FM
    Love AH.FM? become today.

Quote Originally Posted by SciLog1c View Post
    Absolutely agree with that. While u can see not so much comments on a regular show threads and so that's why they are gone, I can't say the same about EOYC-like events. Yeah, there are less posts than in 2010, but we could still create threads for massive events like EOYC, YAMC etc? I think it won't hurt much or will it? All it takes is just create a thread and place a flyer with timestamps in it. Tracklisting wont be a problem at all I guess.
    I'll miss those spamfests so much, even if I dont comment a lot last years...

P.S.

R A V E

I wish it was as easy as 123 ... generating threads and linking the shows in is the hardest part ... its very technical ... we have forums still for us to communicate etc ... but for plain comments on a show i think the new way is the way to go as it allows other people to just comment fast.. you can still include pics there...

There are sites with 10 000 comments using disqus, the system is very highly used across the web... so using it for special events is also no problem...

Impossible to find a post, the current broadcast ...

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫ Become a supporter now
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    generating threads and linking the shows in is the hardest part
    I didnt mean that. Nothing needs to be linked or stuff like that. Just a pure conversation/spam thread. Why not?

I also didnt say that disqus is a bad feature, its just cannot be compared to forums, due to its very and I mean VERY limited functional, at least at the present time. No smiles(and you cannot add your own for your website, right?), no advanced tags(it has some, but they arent even on a hotpanel!)no post titles, etc. I didnt dig in it a lot, but those meant-to-be-small disadvantages cant make people to just forget about anything else and use disqus.

Quote Originally Posted by SUNNY TOMORROW View Post
    First of all the forums on Afterhours are very clean and classy looking and you have smilies. And in general it looks very smart with the black background to post there. Disqus on the other hand is very bland, far to pale and no smiles. It looks cheap. And in any case if you wanted people to post comments why not have them in the original forums? Was that not what they were created for in the first place? Why create something in Disqus to basically do the same thing but with a very inferior looking interface that Disqus has? By making this change you seem to be catering to people who donít generally post anyway on the site for whatever reason, and are unlikely to be attracted to the cheap looking thing that is Disqus. And oh yes, you keep mentioning the ďhardcoreĒ people who used the forums. Well those ďhardcoreĒ people were the ones who help build the community to what it became, Iím talking about people like Danmark ori and piccoli and others who gave their time to this place over the years and who by posting regularly and with their behaviour to others helped draw other people into the site. Now you take that away and give them Disqus. Itís not good, Dan, whatever you may think. And as for it being a big job for mods. Well surely thatís what a mod is there for, to moderate. I never yet heard of any mod here complaining that they disliked the job, otherwise surely they would not wish to do it, it being a voluntary thing anyway. You either want to do the job or you donít.
    Quote Originally Posted by tcn86 View Post

100%
    SoundLift, Afternova, Simon O'Shine, Dan Stone, Aly & Fila, Suncatcher, Ronny K.

AH Listener
    Quote Originally Posted by tcn86 View Post

Agree with the changes being uncalled-for and confusing. Why create something that works and then go and change it. I personally enjoy going to the ah.fm forum section and being able to quickly go to the live-sets thread of the currently playing dj to see all the posted comments, tracklist, download links etc. This is seriously just another example of how established companies and websites end up pissing off their entire customer base by making unwarranted changes and then attempting to justify them with bullshit excuses. Fix it... or lose your fan-base. It's worse than before.

Awesome music but not a very functional site. Im glad theyre building volume control in-AT LAST! Try online gaming with AH-FM shredding your ears!

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey163 View Post
    Impossible to find a post, the current broadcast ...
    by default it goes to the show playing on air now www.ah.fm/player

click on shows it will show you next5 last5 ... simple

archive searching feature is in the works

Quote Originally Posted by A Higher State View Post
    Awesome music but not a very functional site. Im glad theyre building volume control in-AT LAST! Try online gaming with AH-FM shredding your ears!

thanks, thats just a new player .. whole new website is in the works

Quote Originally Posted by Sp3ctre View Post
    Agree with the changes being uncalled-for and confusing. Why create something that works and then go and change it. I personally enjoy going to the ah.fm forum section and being able to quickly go to the live-sets thread of the currently playing dj to see all the posted comments, tracklist, download links etc. This is seriously just another example of how established companies and websites end up pissing off their entire customer base by making unwarranted changes and then attempting to justify them with bullshit excuses. Fix it... or lose your fan-base. It's worse than before.

i appreciate your post .. you have total of 13 posts and mention how you wanna go on into livesets and post on shows?? forums are old technology, as you know they are dieing, and we can see that with our forums, thats why were testing something new to enhance easier way of comment on current show, rather then going on forum and trying to search.

Thank you for your feedback, and id appreciate you not using foul language...

by default it goes to the show playing on air now www.ah.fm/player click on shows it will show you next5 last5 ... simple archive searching feature is in the works
    Yes - and the search works now! Didn't realise there was a moderator and spam removal, though my wife runs a web site with forums for a charity and it has been a problem. Must be a pain. Great stuff - keeps me sane (at times).

by default it goes to the show playing on air now www.ah.fm/player

click on shows it will show you next5 last5 ... simple

archive searching feature is in the works

Find on the forum is it difficult ..
    Well that the development .. wait, thank you.

AH Listener
    i appreciate your post .. you have total of 13 posts and mention how you wanna go on into livesets and post on shows?? forums are old technology, as you know they are dieing, and we can see that with our forums, thats why were testing something new to enhance easier way of comment on current show, rather then going on forum and trying to search.

Thank you for your feedback, and id appreciate you not using foul language...
    Like I said... it's not a better system you've created. It's worse. No excuse you can come up with is going to justify that or make us believe you're doing the right thing. It doesn't matter how many posts that I have. I've been a part of this community for a long time and have enjoyed browsing the forums...whether I actually post or not.
    Forums are old technology huh? Where did you come up with this?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information