Thread: volunteering technical skills

Just got here

volunteering technical skills

Hi All

First I have to say that I absolutely love AH.fm. I've never been active on the forums but I listen to the radio often, and the quality on offer is amazing! And for free!! I really appreciate it.

To introduce myself, I'm 26 years old living just outside London, and a huge trance fan... I go to all the trance events I can in London and sometimes travel elsewhere in the UK and abroad, was at Open Up 100 @ Ministry of Sound London on Friday for an unforgettable night.

I was reading on the site that AH.fm is maintained completely by great volunteers, and I was wondering if as well as donating money, that there would be any use for me donating a bit of time to help out with the technical aspects of running the site... It's something I would be happy to do.

I'm a fairly experienced web developer and UNIX administrator, started learning when I was in my teens, have worked professionally in tech and finance companies in London after uni, and occasionally do a bit of work on open source projects too. Also have a server at a datacentre in London with a 400GB monthly bandwidth quota, of which 2 gets used, so maybe I could provide a streaming relay if that's useful...

Anyway, I love what you guys do and thought I'd offer If you have all these areas covered and it's not much use then that's cool.

hey mate thanks for your nice message... would like to speak to you more

i have sent you a PM...
    Most listened to Trance Radio - AH.FM
    Love AH.FM? become today.

AH.FM Addict Become a supporter now bjerre's Avatar

Great offer Dan will be the one to answer this one.

Thread Information