Reaction score

Lazarus

Tracklist:

01. Jaki Song & J2P - Broken (New World Remix) [Abora]
02. Miroslav Vrlik & Abide - The Pieces Of Life [Blue Soho]
03. Mhammed El Alami & Mehdi Belkadi & Jeef B - Brothers [Vital Soho]
04. Aerian - Finalise [Defcon]
05. Ultimate & Moonsouls - U And Us [Infrasonic Pure]
06. Lisaya featuring Hanna Finsen - Time To Live (C-Systems Dream Remix) [Unearthed]
07. Exis - The Inevitable [Tangled Audio]
08. BluEye - Rusted Key (Steven Force Remix) [Veritas]
09. Sergey Shabanov - Hint Of The Light [Silent Shore]
10. Sunlight Project featuring Angel Fall - Never Forget You [AEZ]
11. Allura - Things Will Get Better [State Control]
12. Prism - Topaz (Omar Sherif remix) [Rebooted]
13. Factoria & Kev Wild - Depth Of Perception [#138]
14. Tau-Rine - Time [Entrance]
15. David Surok - Blue Eyes (Paul Di White Remix) [VERSE]
16. Joze Linecker - Church Collapse [Beyond The Stars]
17. Hypaethrame - Me And My Broken Heart (Liquid Vision Remix) [Defcon]
18. Kara Sun - Into The Sun (Neil Redden Remix) [Defcon]
19. Magic Sense - Midnight Orchestra (Mike Rodas Remix) [Trance Temple]
20. Dave Emanuel & Ginjet - TNT (Locus Tech Mix) [Trontronic]
21. Kevin Crowley - Lockdown [Defcon]
22. Enigma - Close Encounter [Beyond Belief]
23. Pervading Call - Destiny (Matt Farmer 2015 Rework)

Download:
Lazarus - Back From The Dead Episode 181 on AH.FM 26-05-2015.mp3
http://yousaved.it/SQr

Discuss the show below, all comments welcomed. Enjoy the show? please Vote on the Poll.​
Never have to miss the show again, let us remind you or follow us Twitter for updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a sad note to have today's show on.

Back when I started on internet radio in 2004, it wasn't as popular as it is now, and listening figures were usually in the 10s or 20s for most of my shows over the first couple of years. As such you grew to know your regular listeners, and one of them for me in those early days was Maria Stella - who always had a kind word and was full of encouragement for me. In one of the greatest acts of kindness I've ever known from someone I never met, she even gave me a whole server so I could host all my radio shows and post them online for others to hear. Bear in mind this was a time before Soundcloud, before Facebook, before Twitter - when everything was done through internet forums and sharing shows was much more difficult.

In 2006 my original radio station shut down, and I stopped Back From The Dead after 88 episodes. However she continued to ask me to bring the show back - a new station had just started called Afterhours FM, she said, run by Dan, it's great there, you will love it. I had just moved house several times in a short space of time, and recently bought a house with my future wife, and soon all her persuasions worked their magic, and this show was revived on Afterhours FM in July 2007, where it remains to this day, another 92 episodes later.

There were many times during this period in my life where I wanted to stop DJing altogether, and were it not for her it is very likely that I would have done. But she was persistent and kind in equal measures, giving so much in the early days of the station and helping all of us in any way she could.

She was always so thoughtful, sending gifts at my wedding, best wishes via phone at Christmas and other holidays, and was very supportive in recent months after I lost my father and had all the drama with the twins being born early. And all the while she continued to encourage and support my DJing.

It's fair to say that without her, I wouldn't be on Afterhours FM, I would never have DJ'd in the Czech Republic, in Spain, or played a sunset set in Ibiza. There would be no Defcon Recordings, and I would not still be here every month broadcasting these trancey vibes on the airwaves.

Yesterday I learned she had died, at the early age of 48 - I heard of the news while I was recording this show, which almost seems fitting. I would say I want to dedicate the show to her, only every show I've ever done on Afterhours FM has been dedicated to her, really.

Riposa In Pace, Maria Stella. Tutto l'amore si dà fuori tornerà a voi.

http://ah.fm/forum/member.php?889-Stella

:(

Last edited:
Such a sad note to have today's show on.

Back when I started on internet radio in 2004, it wasn't as popular as it is now, and listening figures were usually in the 10s or 20s for most of my shows over the first couple of years. As such you grew to know your regular listeners, and one of them for me in those early days was Maria Stella - who always had a kind word and was full of encouragement for me. In one of the greatest acts of kindness I've ever known from someone I never met, she even gave me a whole server so I could host all my radio shows and post them online for others to hear. Bear in mind this was a time before Soundcloud, before Facebook, before Twitter - when everything was done through internet forums and sharing shows was much more difficult.

In 2006 my original radio station shut down, and I stopped Back From The Dead after 88 episodes. However she continued to ask me to bring the show back - a new station had just started called Afterhours FM, she said, run by Dan, it's great there, you will love it. I had just moved house several times in a short space of time, and recently bought a house with my future wife, and soon all her persuasions worked their magic, and this show was revived on Afterhours FM in July 2007, where it remains to this day, another 92 episodes later.

There were many times during this period in my life where I wanted to stop DJing altogether, and were it not for her it is very likely that I would have done. But she was persistent and kind in equal measures, giving so much in the early days of the station and helping all of us in any way she could.

She was always so thoughtful, sending gifts at my wedding, best wishes via phone at Christmas and other holidays, and was very supportive in recent months after I lost my father and had all the drama with the twins being born early. And all the while she continued to encourage and support my DJing.

It's fair to say that without her, I wouldn't be on Afterhours FM, I would never have DJ'd in the Czech Republic, in Spain, or played a sunset set in Ibiza. There would be no Defcon Recordings, and I would not still be here every month broadcasting these trancey vibes on the airwaves.

Yesterday I learned she had died, at the early age of 48 - I heard of the news while I was recording this show, which almost seems fitting. I would say I want to dedicate the show to her, only every show I've ever done on Afterhours FM has been dedicated to her, really.

Riposa In Pace, Maria Stella. Tutto l'amore si dà fuori tornerà a voi.

http://ah.fm/forum/member.php?889-Stella

:(
:console::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: sad to hear this as one of those later listeners. condolences with the loss of her and all the sympathy for you and you family and her family in the upcomming difficult times :sad: :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

:console::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: sad to hear this as one of those later listeners. condolences with the loss of her and all the sympathy for you and you family and her family in the upcomming difficult times :sad: :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Thank you mate, my heart goes out to her family :cry: Many of the AHFM old-timers will remember her I'm sure.

Thank you mate, my heart goes out to her family :cry: Many of the AHFM old-timers will remember her I'm sure.

18119233212_47cc798f93_o.jpg
I do. Rest In Peace Maria Stella.

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

danmark_ori, Lazarus+

Tribute to Stella !

This tune I've played for my friend Stella - she is the reason BFTD didn't end after 86 episodes and arranged for it to come back on Afterhours in the first place :)

In many ways, it's down to that that Defcon even exists all this time later, so I hope you will all join me in wishing her all the very best as she's also not very well at the moment. :grinning:
Aug 30th, 2012

Just found :book:

OK we're off! Thanks everyone for tuning in :music:

Lazarus - Back From The Dead Episode 181

1. Jaki Song & J2P - Broken (New World remix) [Abora]

:wave: Listening

Yes mate, she had not been well for a while but this still came as a shock. I'm still a bit numb at the news to be honest.

PM-ed you with two URL's from the past :hug: :cry: sad moments now

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (3 members and 0 guests)

danmark_ori, :wave: ThePig+, Lazarus+

tuned in :cry:

Lots of new stuff in the show today, including this from the ever-reliable Soho stable:

2. Miroslav Vrlik & Abide - The Pieces Of Life [Blue Soho]

Lots of new stuff in the show today, including this from the ever-reliable Soho stable:

BLS189.jpg

welcome.gif
Good to see you, hope you enjoy the tunes
banana_moonwalk.gif

so far it's a worthy tribute to Stella :good:

so far it's a worthy tribute to Stella :good:

Glad you think so, thanks :)