• XMMS

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Media Monkey

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

xruntime

Registered
Reaction score
What do you use? And why? Hardware one coming up later...

I use Windows Media Player, cause it has some nice features, good playlist manipulation, and it's not resource intensive. I also like Foobar2k and Winamp, but I don't like Winamp's interface, and Foobar2k is going to have default columns and themes in the next version and that's a piece of junk so I ditched it.

xmms and /usr/bin/mplayer :)

<3 stella
haha
:)

I only use Winamp.. Every other program uses to much ram.

winamp and media player......gonna check out the other ones listed.

I used to use Winamp but I was not happy with it. I just did not like their interface and I had constant problems with streaming. I used Musicmatch for a while but I switched to WindowsMediaPlayer because of the "speed adjust" feature:p

The library is very organized as well.

Abominus

actually winamp uses much more ram than foobar

I used to use Winamp but I was not happy with it. I just did not like their interface and I had constant problems with streaming. I used Musicmatch for a while but I switched to WindowsMediaPlayer because of the "speed adjust" feature

Tell you the truth Foobar is just lame, gui is big and ugly..

Foobar IS lame:

God. I did not want that monstrosity in my pc

have you tried QCD sometime?
Quintessential Player is a nice one,I had it when I was still running Windows and it did work pretty ok very nice alternative to Winamp and WMP
wish they could sort out a version for linux I would use it again! ;)

QCD Player

Abominus, how come you didn't vote? 1 vote for WMP, and its from me ;-(

Tell you the truth Foobar is just lame, gui is big and ugly..

Naw, I think while the GUI looks plain, its elegant...and it has the most useful features of any software player hands down...

Abominus, how come you didn't vote? 1 vote for WMP, and its from me ;-(

Naw, I think while the GUI looks plain, its elegant...and it has the most useful features of any software player hands down...

Oops. My bad:whistle:

Wow, winamp is winning the polls. Eh. I like WMP. It's just simple, you know?

Abominus

winamp for me too

I use Windows Media Player because it's functionality is a cut above every other app.

And to those that use Winamp because it uses less ram... buy some more you cheap bastards! :lol:

Yeah WMP's library features (including auto detect files, different views of the library, and automatic library-->playlist when you click play) rock...and it has mp3 player support, and allows you to resume a playlist in the exact spot and time that you stopped it

Back