European Club Scene

Abominus

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, short of the long:

I have always heard that European clubs OWN USA clubs. Hands down. The best clubs in the world are in Europe.

During my years of partying, I have always heard from people who I have partied with in the past that are from Europe say:

"If you ever come to Europe, I'll take you to the best clubs in Germany/Sweden/Denmark/Belgium/Holland etc."

So, what ARE the best clubs in Europe for Trance/House/Electro/Dance? Who has the best "scene.?"

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Abominus

:loveah:

PS: I would love to check out Ministry of Sound someday too:music:

Nice topic, I would have to say I really enjoy the scene in Poland, the clubs, events, did i say woman? :p

Poland is one of those countries that people are crazy about trance. Im sure there is way more countries with even a better scene, maybe spain? thats one of the places I would like to go and see/visit.

I also had an idea to have a Afterhours meeting somewhere, but this would involve lots of planning, but I do see it happening in future. Comments appreciated..

Everyone else post your club/scene experiences.

Nice topic, I would have to say I really enjoy the scene in Poland, the clubs, events, did i say woman? :p

Poland is one of those countries that people are crazy about trance. Im sure there is way more countries with even a better scene, maybe spain? thats one of the places I would like to go and see/visit.

I also had an idea to have a Afterhours meeting somewhere, but this would involve lots of planning, but I do see it happening in future. Comments appreciated..

Everyone else post your club/scene experiences.

Well, I wish that I could travel to Europe and see the clubs, places and the women but, it is not going to happen any time soon.

This is the deal in the US/Florida:

The radio stations control everything. Dance music, in ALL of its genres is pretty much under the radar. There are Dance scenes here but rap and Top 40 Mash-ups and crap are all that are played. Dance music is kept alive by a hardcore set of fans and supporters who come out to gigs. Ferry C came out a few months ago. That's HUGE for Tampa. And Tiesto was here like, 2 weeks ago.

About 300 miles south from here we have South Beach, Miami. Now THAT'S where the Dance scene is a bit stronger but again, it is Florida, it is the South, we have all of this Hip-Hop crap being played in the clubs and it's everywhere. I was there back a year ago and the scene changed. There were a lot more Rap clubs down there. I could not find a decent Dance club. I was not too aware of what clubs were "it" but, it was just a mess. I hung out at Automatic Slim's for the time I was there.

The girls? Okay, I am going to go off on a rant here:

There are a lot of nice girls here but a lot of them have a little ummmmmmm, "problem." Which we call Coke over here. It's sad dude. 9 out of 10 chances are that you will not meet the love of your life at a club. Girls, well, SOME of them are WAY too much drama, which deals from everything from drugs to who they hang out with. Again, there are great girls out there but the ones I have seen lately........

Eh........

I could go on for days here with this. I would like to hear from others about their experiences as well.

Abominus

:book:
:captain:

favorite club in slovenia: ambasada gavioli
favorite clubs in hungary: dtd, korona kecel, flört, blade club budapest.
favorite clubs in austria: none! austria sucks!

There is a wider acceptance of trance & dance music in Europe than other countries. And I guess it is this, that fosters the massive super-clubs they have over there.

Here in Australia the rave scene is weaksauce. To many kiddies "discovering" themselves with substandard supplements.

/Wish I could go to Europe.
//Ahh what the hell...I just might.
///I have a UK passport, never used it once...yet.

In Belgium,

for trance : Illusion, sometimes Noxx
for techno minimal : Fuse
for hard dance music : The Oh, Metropolis, Complex, Captain, Tremplin...

It's the problem, a lot of clubs for hard dance music but not a lot for trance...

But there is some interesting events like TomorrowLand, or Illusion Birthday in Antwerpen...

The Netherland have more clubs for trance music... but more and more for hard dance music (hardcore, hardstyle).

And for me, the best club for trance are in UK (Turnmills) and Ibiza (Amnesia) ;)

Last edited:
Europe is simply AWESOME!!!

I lived in Germany for the past 4 years and must say that the clubs over in Europe just blow the US clubs out totally. First of all, the clubs in Europe do NOT close around 2 a.m. like they do in the US. No last call for alcohol crap like they do here in the states. Europe has a better sense of responsibility for themselves than the US clubbers do in my opinion.
My favorite clubs in Europe are.....

Berlin,Germany- The Matrix ::: matrix berlin :::-- the matrix is set inside an old train station than runs along the border where East and West Germany wall used to be and the club is huge, could probably hold around 5000 people or more. The Matrix has 4 different rooms with different sounds in each but the techno/trance room is the biggest and is crazy. If you ever want to go there or if you do go there let me know so I can call my friend who is a bouncer at the club and you would get the VIP treatment. When I went I didn't leave the club until 7:30 in the morning and the club was still packed but I was hungry HAHA!
Nurnberg, Germany-The Won-- The club The Wun was awesome as well and has 2 rooms to dance the night away and is just minutes from the main train station in Nurnberg.
Of course you cannot leave out IBIZA in August or September when all the big names in Trance are there. If anyone here would like to get other info on the scene over there I would suggest looking at your favorite DJ's tour schedules on their websites and find out where they are going to be in europe. Armin and tiesto do alot of local clubs in the Netherlands unless they are on tour. It is easy to go to Europe and is sometimes cheaper than flying here in the states. Please let me know if you would like anymore info on europe ok.

I lived in Germany for the past 4 years and must say that the clubs over in Europe just blow the US clubs out totally. First of all, the clubs in Europe do NOT close around 2 a.m. like they do in the US. No last call for alcohol crap like they do here in the states. Europe has a better sense of responsibility for themselves than the US clubbers do in my opinion.
My favorite clubs in Europe are.....

Berlin,Germany- The Matrix ::: matrix berlin :::-- the matrix is set inside an old train station than runs along the border where East and West Germany wall used to be and the club is huge, could probably hold around 5000 people or more. The Matrix has 4 different rooms with different sounds in each but the techno/trance room is the biggest and is crazy. If you ever want to go there or if you do go there let me know so I can call my friend who is a bouncer at the club and you would get the VIP treatment. When I went I didn't leave the club until 7:30 in the morning and the club was still packed but I was hungry HAHA!
Nurnberg, Germany-The Won-- The club The Wun was awesome as well and has 2 rooms to dance the night away and is just minutes from the main train station in Nurnberg.
Of course you cannot leave out IBIZA in August or September when all the big names in Trance are there. If anyone here would like to get other info on the scene over there I would suggest looking at your favorite DJ's tour schedules on their websites and find out where they are going to be in europe. Armin and tiesto do alot of local clubs in the Netherlands unless they are on tour. It is easy to go to Europe and is sometimes cheaper than flying here in the states. Please let me know if you would like anymore info on europe ok.

Yes, here in the US there is not a lot of responsibilty as far as alcohol and drugs are concerned. In Florida, we have a huge problem with DUIs. I am a photographer for several DJs and I see it all the time in clubs. When they say "last call" people run up to the bars and try to get more drinks and I swear to God, when the lights come on and the club is closing, I see people chugging their drinks as they walk out the door. That is when the cops, hanging out outside, catch people. The thing is that cops know that chances are, someone's too drunk to drive so they catch them. The whole point is responsibilty. City council over here is trying to get the closing time to 4am and call last call at 3am so they give time for people to sober up. Regardless, yes it sucks to close at 3am and in some places like Orlando, close at 2am.

Thanks for the offer. I will keep it in my pocket when I do go to Germany:)

Those clubs sound amazing. Wish we had places like that here:unsure:

Hey, I do not know if you follow Dance/Pop but, what's going on with Kate Ryan, Milk Inc, Sylver, Ian Van Dahl and Jessy? I am a huge fan of all of them.

Tiesto did a show down here a few months back. I heard that it was not all that great and the venue that he was at was all hot. He was sweating profusely.

And hey, what's going on with Amsterdam's Red Light District?

Thanks for everything.

From Tampa, Florida,
Abominus

Back