I own a moderate pair of CD Decks, some DNS-1000s to be exact... see the pic if you don't know the ones I'm banging on about,
Anyway! I have come across what I would consider a serious flaw with the decks, so much so that I would consider it a "show stopper" if I were to come across such a bug with any software that I have developed over the past 7 years (but what do I know? ).
So basically, this is what happens
1. I set a cue point at the beginning of the first beat that I want to start mixing in.
2. I press play, but as I press it quickly I only catch the edge of the button but not the dead centre, and without touch *any* other button, playback starts, then stops and my cue point moves!!
You can easily replicate this issue on these decks by pressing play/pause twice quickly.
Basically what I'm asking is, would you as an owner of a pair of CD decks, consider this to be a big problem?
You are about to mix in a track quite close to the end of the one that is playing, you have your cue point set, and in a hurry you press the play button, but playback doesn't start, so you press cue to take it back to your point, play again at the beginning of the next bar of beats, but oh no! what's gone on? Nothing is in time anymore as your cue point shifted by a few seconds! Too late to get the track in now.
If you have a set of more expensive Denons, such as the 3500s, could you please test this to see if you have the same problem? Steps to reproduce are below...
1. Turn on deck
2. Load a CD
3. Change the platter to search mode, *not scratch mode*
4. Set your cue point a short way into the track
5. Write down the exact value of your cue point
6. Press play/pause quickly a few times, double tap it, quadrouple tap it. It doesn't matter how many times you press it, this *shouldn't* effect your cue point.
7. Press Cue to take you back to your cue point
8. Check to see if the time is exactly the same as what you had already written down.
So you can see exactly what I'm blabbering on about, I made a video of the problem happening...
I honestly my decks, but I would adore them if they didn't have this bug anymore!