Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A question for all of you with CD decks!

I have crappy Creative speakers from best buy, and decent Sony headphones

I pwn!

Ooh JBLs, I've seen a few of those years back now, I remember they sounded great, but as you say, rather pricey. Although even though they are pricey, you would keep them for years and they would always sound fantastic! And can take a beating too :-)

Knowing my luck if I bought anything from Amazon it would be blown or made of cheese, or something quite similar

I'd love to produce Trance tracks, I've made one kind of "tranceish" track, but it still sounds pretty crap...

http://www.musicv2.com/listen.php?m=38822

I've got a Korg K49 that I want to learn how to use but I haven't put enough time into it Time time time, that's all it takes

Have you had a look on ebay for a matching sub woofer for your speakers? You might get lucky, they look fantastic, and I bet you loose yourself when watching films too

Quote Originally Posted by xruntime View Post
    I have crappy Creative speakers from best buy, and decent Sony headphones

I pwn!
    Hey creative make pretty good surround speakers don't they? I know they sound amazing when you play EAX games with them that's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by djabstraction View Post
    Ooh JBLs, I've seen a few of those years back now, I remember they sounded great, but as you say, rather pricey. Although even though they are pricey, you would keep them for years and they would always sound fantastic! And can take a beating too :-)

Knowing my luck if I bought anything from Amazon it would be blown or made of cheese, or something quite similar

I'd love to produce Trance tracks, I've made one kind of "tranceish" track, but it still sounds pretty crap...

http://www.musicv2.com/listen.php?m=38822

I've got a Korg K49 that I want to learn how to use but I haven't put enough time into it Time time time, that's all it takes

Have you had a look on ebay for a matching sub woofer for your speakers? You might get lucky, they look fantastic, and I bet you loose yourself when watching films too
    Yea, JBLs rock but a lot of people do not buy them just for the price factor.

I heard your track. Yes, it is moody but yet, it has a good "energy" to it.

Ebay can kiss my ass. I HATE Ebay. It's a pain in the ass when someone is bidding on the same item you are. You have to keep bidding right up to the last minute. I just rather get it and go.

I am running Reason 3.0 and Sony Acid Pro 6. I have been making dark house beats for the most part. I am having issues with Acid due to media libary not having enough "material." I have to get my friend to look at it and fix it from there.

I have a track in mind. I have had it for the LONGEST time. It is a Trance tune called "Atmospheric Drag." It starts out light and punchy, then towards the middle, it "drops" along with this dark, moody synth. I would like to add some female vocals to the track. I would write the lyrics (I am a poet and short story writer.)

Quote Originally Posted by Abominus View Post
    Yea, JBLs rock but a lot of people do not buy them just for the price factor.

I heard your track. Yes, it is moody but yet, it has a good "energy" to it.
    hehe, yeah moody, that's definitely one word to use. I try to make it really happy and emotional but it never works

Ebay can kiss my ass. I HATE Ebay. It's a pain in the ass when someone is bidding on the same item you are. You have to keep bidding right up to the last minute. I just rather get it and go.

I am running Reason 3.0 and Sony Acid Pro 6. I have been making dark house beats for the most part. I am having issues with Acid due to media libary not having enough "material." I have to get my friend to look at it and fix it from there.

I have a track in mind. I have had it for the LONGEST time. It is a Trance tune called "Atmospheric Drag." It starts out light and punchy, then towards the middle, it "drops" along with this dark, moody synth. I would like to add some female vocals to the track. I would write the lyrics (I am a poet and short story writer.)

hahaha classic, I hate ebay too! although for different reasons than yourself, I've been scammed by people so many times when trying to sell mobile phones

Woot! Reason 3! Man I can't work that thing out, respect due to you for being able to do stuff in that. Media library not having enough material? So like you need samples? I've got quite a collection going at the moment, some I purchased, some free. Check the forum out on this site, they have some quality hard samples!

http://www.bangingtunes.com/forum/dj-studio/

Good luck with the choons bro! I hope it all comes together for you, i've been trying to find a lady with a fantastic voice for ages now, but not for making music Quality poetry always makes fantastic lyrics

You got any sample house choons you've put together?

in that video it looks like as if you're using the crossfader. please tell me this isn't so
    Last edited by dfx; Nov 17th, 2007 at 00:43.
    http://dfx.at/sets/ :: http://myspace.com/dfx_dj

hehe, yeah moody, that's definitely one word to use. I try to make it really happy and emotional but it never works

hahaha classic, I hate ebay too! although for different reasons than yourself, I've been scammed by people so many times when trying to sell mobile phones

Woot! Reason 3! Man I can't work that thing out, respect due to you for being able to do stuff in that. Media library not having enough material? So like you need samples? I've got quite a collection going at the moment, some I purchased, some free. Check the forum out on this site, they have some quality hard samples!

http://www.bangingtunes.com/forum/dj-studio/

Good luck with the choons bro! I hope it all comes together for you, i've been trying to find a lady with a fantastic voice for ages now, but not for making music Quality poetry always makes fantastic lyrics

You got any sample house choons you've put together?
    Reason is a bit hard to pick up. I have been working with the drum sampler and that is pretty much it. I have not added synth lines to anything. In fact, I have been so busy with photography that I have not been on Reason or Acid for a bit but I want to get on them soon.

I need MAD samples for Sony. There is like this media libray that's supposed to be like, 1 or 2 GIG full of stuff. Some people say that it is not that much but there are just so many floating around. Once I meet my friend tomorrow, he will guide me right.

You know Amanda Wilson from the Freemasons tune "Love On My Mind." They found her at a karaoke bar somewhere in London I believe. Funny enough you find drunk ass people in those places but once in a while you find someone who is just right. If they can do it that way then, I am sure a lot of people can find a vocalist anywhere really.

When the time is right, I will put out an ad for a vocalist: TRANCE INFLUENCED and see what happens from there.

I do not have any sample tunes as of yet Once I get something done, I will post them up.

You ever heard a group out of Quebec, Canada called Nuclear Ramjet? They do a lot of dark, epic techno. Long ass songs too. They have a song that runs almost 10 minutes!!

You should check them out!!

From Florida,
    Abominus

Quote Originally Posted by dfx View Post
    in that video it looks like as if you're using the crossfade. please tell me this isn't so
    eh? Do I use the cross fader? Yes of course, I always mix the track in with the cross fader in the middle and then bring up the other track from it's own level fader. Not quite sure what you mean to be honest

In the video I just set the decks up, pressed play and recorded, I wasn't doing a mix or anything...

Reason is a bit hard to pick up. I have been working with the drum sampler and that is pretty much it. I have not added synth lines to anything. In fact, I have been so busy with photography that I have not been on Reason or Acid for a bit but I want to get on them soon.

I need MAD samples for Sony. There is like this media libray that's supposed to be like, 1 or 2 GIG full of stuff. Some people say that it is not that much but there are just so many floating around. Once I meet my friend tomorrow, he will guide me right.

You know Amanda Wilson from the Freemasons tune "Love On My Mind." They found her at a karaoke bar somewhere in London I believe. Funny enough you find drunk ass people in those places but once in a while you find someone who is just right. If they can do it that way then, I am sure a lot of people can find a vocalist anywhere really.

When the time is right, I will put out an ad for a vocalist: TRANCE INFLUENCED and see what happens from there.

I do not have any sample tunes as of yet Once I get something done, I will post them up.

You ever heard a group out of Quebec, Canada called Nuclear Ramjet? They do a lot of dark, epic techno. Long ass songs too. They have a song that runs almost 10 minutes!!

You should check them out!!

From Florida,
    Abominus
    I've only ever used Fruity Loops, I love it cos it's pretty simple really, although I don't know all the complex stuff of course, only the basics. In comparrison to Reason it's a stroll in the park.

Hey if those MAD samples are in ATRAC format I wouldn't use them, it sounds awful, and was Sonys feable attempt at dominating over MP3 which failed miserably, just like their MiniDisc attempt to dominate over CD, which also failed miserably. It blows ass and you can hear all kinds of distortion, and my hearing is shite in comparrison to most peoples.

There are loads of fantastic girls dancing around in pubs as I type, it's friday night and i'm in doors on my own bored shitless drinking Kronenbourg, what a life!

Let me know when you got some choons going dude I'd love to hear hear some.

I'll check out those artists tomorrow too

eh? Do I use the cross fader? Yes of course, I always mix the track in with the cross fader in the middle and then bring up the other track from it's own level fader.
    haha ok. well to be honest, i hate the cross fader, i never touch it, i work with the line faders exclusively (and the eq of course). and from what i've seen, many/most trance djs do it the same way. but it's everyone's personal choice

haha ok. well to be honest, i hate the cross fader, i never touch it, i work with the line faders exclusively (and the eq of course). and from what i've seen, many/most trance djs do it the same way. but it's everyone's personal choice
    Aaah I see what you mean, naah, I use both, although I always stick the cross fader in the middle and use the line fader to bring a track in, then the cross fader to bring the other track out. I found I kept making stupid mistakes doing it any other way

Cheers

They must be about 4 years old now, one of the best things I have ever bought and I have no idea why they stopped making them

I really want some Tapco S8's, apparently they are designed for playing really loud dance music

Hey, I found a retailer over here that sells Edirols!!!!

I thought of you when I saw them. Check them out!!!

Studio Monitors (Active) At Sam Ash

Well, honestly, my speakers sound pretty good, but compared to what you guys have theyre a lot cheaper in price and probably quality too...

basic new setup finished:

Thumbs up

basic new setup finished:
    Very nice and minimal!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information