Thread: N00b CDJ question...

Universal Language

N00b CDJ question...

What are considered "industry standard" CDJ's?

And what is also considered an "industry standard" mixer?

/That is all
    //The KANG has spoken.
    Download @ DreamensioN.net
    Podcast Subscribe @ Feedburner

industry standard: probably anything by pioneer. 90% of all clubs have pioneer cdjs, all the biggers ones cdj-1000s or at least 800s, but i've also seen 100s and 200s. other cdjs i've only seen twice: one time denons, another time numark.

same goes probably for the mixer, most clubs will have a djm 800 or at least 600. there's more diversity with the mixers than with the cdjs though.
    http://dfx.at/sets/ :: http://myspace.com/dfx_dj

www.defconrecordings.com Lazarus's Avatar
    Yeah I think the Pioneer CDJ1000's are industry standard, along with their DJM600 or 800 mixer. Some places prefer the Xone 62 or 92 but I think they're vastly inferior :smile1:
    New show time: Back From The Dead - Every 1st Monday 1900-2100 GMT (2000-2200 CET, 1400-1600 PST)
    Lazarus Twitter | Lazarus Facebook | Defcon Recordings website | Defcon Twitter
    Lazarus on iTunes

Well for home practice I would advice getting a pair of 800's. You fill feel how it is in the club, because 1000s are almost similar in terms of ergonomics and button / knob placement.

Usually in good clubs you will probably find CDJ 1000s MK II / MK III

www.defconrecordings.com Lazarus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Renov8 View Post
    Well for home practice I would advice getting a pair of 800's. You fill feel how it is in the club, because 1000s are almost similar in terms of ergonomics and button / knob placement.

Usually in good clubs you will probably find CDJ 1000s MK II / MK III
    Agreed, I've got the 800's at home, and they're perfectly fine really. Considering the vast difference in price, I don't really think the 1000's are good value for money when compared to the 800's, but they do admittedly have extra features which are nice
    New show time: Back From The Dead - Every 1st Monday 1900-2100 GMT (2000-2200 CET, 1400-1600 PST)
    Lazarus Twitter | Lazarus Facebook | Defcon Recordings website | Defcon Twitter
    Lazarus on iTunes

Smile

Well, you have to realize that DJs are still using the "double drawer" style Denon cd players too. But, I do see a lot of the DND4500s around here, as well as the ones that cannot play the MP3 format. As far as the stand alone ones, the ones I see the most are the Denon DNS3500s.

A lot of people do not like the Pioneer CDJ1000s, a lot of people have been complaining about the PLAY/CUE buttons messing up. AND, that they are very bulky, compared to the Denons. I have carried those Pioneers around a bit and those things are MASSIVE.

Ummmmm, I am a Denon fan through and through so I am a bit biased

Abominus

Thread Information