Sony Acid Pro Users

Abominus

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, sooooooooooooo, I am starting to make my own music using Sony Acid Pro and Reason 3.0. I do not have a MIDI keyboard as of yet by the way.

Any tips for the newbie?:)

Seems to me that Reason is a bit hard to get used to at first. It seems complicated as hell too. Acid? Eh, I am still learning it too.

Thanks for the tips in advance and I am wanting to create Trance/House/Dance and remixes.

Oh, that is another thing, can you create a remix using ORIGINAL vocals from the a CD? In other words, let's say if I want to make a Dance remix track from a song that just has a piano tune and vocals. How can I take out the piano track and just have the vocals so I can make a remix from there on?

Your turn,

Abominus

:music:

I like ableton for producing, I suck at it, but I toy around sometimes. Reason has a nice interface, but it doesnt support vsts, and that takes away a lot from it.

Not sure about Sony Acid, but FL studio is one of the best beginner programs. You can create stuff in minutes, though it takes a while to make something that sounds good and somewhat professional.

Reason is a nice beginner program too, after a few days everything should be figured out. I was confused when I first tried it, but then you figure out how to plug all the wires together and route it properly, and how to use all the "devices" n stuff.

Oh, that is another thing, can you create a remix using ORIGINAL vocals from the a CD? In other words, let's say if I want to make a Dance remix track from a song that just has a piano tune and vocals. How can I take out the piano track and just have the vocals so I can make a remix from there on?

You either need the acapella (there are some sites out there that have some trance ones) or use the eq to make the beat/synths sound lower...the vocals usually get screwed up in the process, but its the best you can do legally.

Anyways, hope you make some good stuff, and share them here

I like ableton for producing, I suck at it, but I toy around sometimes. Reason has a nice interface, but it doesnt support vsts, and that takes away a lot from it.

Not sure about Sony Acid, but FL studio is one of the best beginner programs. You can create stuff in minutes, though it takes a while to make something that sounds good and somewhat professional.

Reason is a nice beginner program too, after a few days everything should be figured out. I was confused when I first tried it, but then you figure out how to plug all the wires together and route it properly, and how to use all the "devices" n stuff.

You either need the acapella (there are some sites out there that have some trance ones) or use the eq to make the beat/synths sound lower...the vocals usually get screwed up in the process, but its the best you can do legally.

Anyways, hope you make some good stuff, and share them here

Thanks for the info!!

Can you link me up to those Acapella sites? I have heard of cds that you can buy off Ebay that have like, thousands of license free vocals but I do not want to go that route. I would like to incorporate a female singer singing my own lyrics in the nbear future..

I have been tooling around with Reason making House beats. Rather dark sounding beats too. I just have not saved anything yet:p

:music:

Just google it, cause theyre not legal, even if you bought the song

But "morally" speaking, I dont see why you shouldnt be able to use the acapellas if you have a legal copy of the song

Just google it, cause theyre not legal, even if you bought the song

But "morally" speaking, I dont see why you shouldnt be able to use the acapellas if you have a legal copy of the song

Very cool})

Thanks, I will go ahead and take it from here:super:

Abominus

:ah:

Back