AfterhoursRadio Beta released on FileForum

djabstraction

Registered
Reaction score
Hey there!

Just thought I'd let you know that the beta of the AfterhoursRadio has been released on FileForum, it's still a way off of final release yet as there is something that I would like to implement for all the resident Afterhours DJs!*

FileForum | AfterhoursRadio

Edit: The bastards have changed my wording on the product! grrrrrrrr

If you're feeling bored you could always go rate it and give it a review :) It will encourage more people to download and use it. Although 104 downloads in 2 days isn't too shabby, that will pick up speed soon enough :music:

-----------------
*I'm going to make a custom skin system and release a small Skin Development pack so that you Afterhours.fm DJs can design your own skins that will be included with the player. So someone could download and select the Skin of their fav DJ!

Last edited:
nice job dude !!!

any screenshots?

That's a good point! Well spotted, they should be on that page but for some reason they haven't included it... grrrr!!!

:( :(

I had included the following one,

afterhoursradioss.jpg

I'll get onto them and get it sorted! Cheers for pointing that one out :lol:

nice thanks dude.. how can we check whos actually using it?

nice thanks dude.. how can we check whos actually using it?

That's a good question, do your shoutcast logs tell you the user agent that's connected to the streams? It works in the same way as internet browsers afaik as it's http, so when a player connects to the stream it identifies itself.

I'll take a look into it, there may be another way of identification :)

looks ipodish :)

what type of agent your player uses?

I've just had an idea, the player downloads the playlists and I can set the user agent to whatever I like for those, providing the web server doesn't reject the request of course.

I'll make it something easy to spot like "AfterhoursRadio_<Major>_<Minor>", swapping major and minor for version numbers.

It seems that Softpedia have not only displayed the app too, even though I hadn't submitted it to them, but they have also crawled my company website for random programs to display, cheeky of them!

I'm going to be uploading a new version of the weekend with some fixes in, and the useragent for downloading the playlists is now "AfterhoursRadio_0.9"

neat :)

what i noticed so far: at the end of the installed, when i want to enable the launch app box, i have to click on the actual box. clicking on the text besides it does not work. tiny issue.

whats more annoying though is that i get an exception when starting the app? same thing happens when i click the button left to the big play button (eject?) app continues to run after that though...

cheers :)

cool, ill download it on the weekend and check it out :)

cheers

my i have info on how to download!! ill give feed back on it Ill guess i will try it

neat :)

what i noticed so far: at the end of the installed, when i want to enable the launch app box, i have to click on the actual box. clicking on the text besides it does not work. tiny issue.

whats more annoying though is that i get an exception when starting the app? same thing happens when i click the button left to the big play button (eject?) app continues to run after that though...

Hey DFX,

Unfortunately the installer is out of my control, it's actually developed to extremely strict standards by Caphyon. The main thing is that it installs / uninstalls on the supported platforms.

Okay, the exception concerns me quite a bit, what do you mean by exception exactly? You recieve an unhandled exception dialog? What I'm confused about is that you say it continues to run, that shouldn't be the case with this application. Anyway if you could maybe post a screenshot that would be fantastic and I could fix any issues in the morning :)

Thanks a million for testing it! Much much much appreciation to you :)

Okay, the exception concerns me quite a bit, what do you mean by exception exactly? You recieve an unhandled exception dialog? What I'm confused about is that you say it continues to run, that shouldn't be the case with this application. Anyway if you could maybe post a screenshot that would be fantastic and I could fix any issues in the morning :)

yeah its an unhandled exception, heres the one right after starting: http://dfx.at/foo.png
and this one is when clcking that button: http://dfx.at/bar.png

Hey DFX,

That's rather odd, the application should bomb out after either of those. A couple of things stick to mind though,

1. What OS is that? The app is aimed at XP and above, at least that's all I've tested it and verified it to work on at least. It looks like Windows 2000 to me?

2. Is that a VM? Or is it an RDP connection to a physical machine? I know the app works in a Microsoft VPC, as that's what it's developed in, but I haven't tested in any other form of virtual machine.

This is really helpful mate, I appreciate it loads as the sooner these little issues are fixed the better :)

o that's right, well it's windoze 2003 server, i didn't really pay attention to that, i thought it would be no prob, as i never had any probs with any apps on that machine... and yeah it's RDP, but i don't think that makes any diff, or does it?

An RDP shouldn't make much difference, except it will not look so good, RDP can't update the display fast enough so it will appear a bit sluggish. But different virtual machines emulate different hardware, and as I haven't tested it in the likes of VMWare or any others, I am unsure of it's behaviour, so I just need to rule it out.

Windows Server 2003 on the other hand, I'm not sure how many people will be running it on a server based product so this probably won't be an issue as the exceptions are quite odd, it could be down to increased security. The application isn't what it seems. it actually runs inside a virtual machine itself in order to bunch a load of files into 1 executable, so it has to weave a bit of black magic when it starts up.

Anyways, I'm breathing a sigh of reliefe now, although I'll still take a look tomorrow and see if I can replicate the issue :)

I've finally got around to releasing another version of the player, this one has a few fixes, regrading stability and issues with downloading the playlists. It should be allot more stable now.

I haven't finished the skin support yet, but that's not far away. These fixes were quite critical as I had the player crash a couple of times :(

Back