Behringer Monitors?

Does anyone on here know about Behringers ?

I saw these today.

Behringer TRUTH B2030P Passive Monitor Pair and more Monitors at GuitarCenter.com.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.:hmmm:

Thankie for the advice,

Abominus

:grinning:

Hey Abominus!

Personally I would say that Behringer in general are quite mediocre in quality, certainly nothing special and their prices generally reflect this. If you want to get some quality monitor speakers I would look at companies like Tapco (Mackie). Check these babies out,

TAPCO - Audio Gear with Vibe

Little more expensive but you get some quality speakers for the price, and if you don't want to take them outside of your home, you would probably never upgrade either.

The sound quality of those is miles ahead of Behringer.

Hey Abominus!

Personally I would say that Behringer in general are quite mediocre in quality, certainly nothing special and their prices generally reflect this. If you want to get some quality monitor speakers I would look at companies like Tapco (Mackie). Check these babies out,

TAPCO - Audio Gear with Vibe

Little more expensive but you get some quality speakers for the price, and if you don't want to take them outside of your home, you would probably never upgrade either.

The sound quality of those is miles ahead of Behringer.

Wow, I checked them out and they are indeed close to what I am looking for. I can get them over here at $299 US and perhaps even cheaper if I look around some more.

I forgot, but, do you have a studio/Dj station? If so, what monitors do you have.

Thanks a lot!!:)

Wow, I checked them out and they are indeed close to what I am looking for. I can get them over here at $299 US and perhaps even cheaper if I look around some more.

I forgot, but, do you have a studio/Dj station? If so, what monitors do you have.

Thanks a lot!!:)

Hey Abominus,

That's cool, you certainly wouldn't be unhappy with those, if you have any shops selling them go and have a listen, they kick ass. They also have a larger 8" version, Tapco S8, which are designed for playing loud dance music, but obviously allot larger, and allot louder, so if you are only using them in doors they would probably be overkill.

I don't have a studio unfortunately, but I do have a set of Monitor speakers, crap in comparrison to the Tapcos :lol:, I have a pair of Edirol MA-20Ds which are now discontinued for some reason. I've been pretty happy with them although there has been a few times that I have wanted more bass out of them, that's why I started looking at the Tapco speakers, just haven't forked out the cash yet :music: I got to hear a set in Brighton, and the volume you can get out them is something else, crystal clear sound too.

[youtube]uNeJc0Ng1c8[/youtube]

that's my DJ setup, which I'm in the process of upgrading because I've had enough of Denon and I want some Pioneers :(

I would definitely recommend getting yourself a decent sound card though, if you don't have one already. Personally I would steer clear of anything designed for games as they generally are crap in comparrison to a pro-end sound card, although the top of the range x-fi is supposed to perform well,

Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro - The Definitive Audio Creation & Home-Theater Solution!

but personally I don't think you can go wrong with an M-Audio 2496

M-AUDIO - Audiophile 2496 - 4-In/4-Out Audio Card with MIDI and Digital I/O

superb sound quality ;)

Anyway, I hope this helps :)

i have to agree with mr abstraction, behringer is well known for crappy quality, and that pretty much all over their product lines. also i have to recommend getting active monitors instead of passive ones, the sound quality will be much better with active monitors.

i got myself a pair of alesis m1 active 520, they aren't overly expensive and do deliver a very clear sound and are quite perfect for my needs. they also got a bigger brother with somewhat more bang.

Hey Abominus,

That's cool, you certainly wouldn't be unhappy with those, if you have any shops selling them go and have a listen, they kick ass. They also have a larger 8" version, Tapco S8, which are designed for playing loud dance music, but obviously allot larger, and allot louder, so if you are only using them in doors they would probably be overkill.

I don't have a studio unfortunately, but I do have a set of Monitor speakers, crap in comparrison to the Tapcos :lol:, I have a pair of Edirol MA-20Ds which are now discontinued for some reason. I've been pretty happy with them although there has been a few times that I have wanted more bass out of them, that's why I started looking at the Tapco speakers, just haven't forked out the cash yet :music: I got to hear a set in Brighton, and the volume you can get out them is something else, crystal clear sound too.

[youtube]uNeJc0Ng1c8[/youtube]

that's my DJ setup, which I'm in the process of upgrading because I've had enough of Denon and I want some Pioneers :(

I would definitely recommend getting yourself a decent sound card though, if you don't have one already. Personally I would steer clear of anything designed for games as they generally are crap in comparrison to a pro-end sound card, although the top of the range x-fi is supposed to perform well,

Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro - The Definitive Audio Creation & Home-Theater Solution!

but personally I don't think you can go wrong with an M-Audio 2496

M-AUDIO - Audiophile 2496 - 4-In/4-Out Audio Card with MIDI and Digital I/O

superb sound quality ;)

Anyway, I hope this helps :)

I found some Edirols here in the US:
Studio Monitors (Active) - [Sam Ash]

Let me know what you think.

Yea, I was thinking at one point to get PASSIVE monitors but then, I started to think about amplifiers and lost it. I decided to stick with the ACTIVE ones.

I do like the Tapco S5's. I do not think that I would need the 8s. If I were to have a larger room then yea, I would get the 8s but the 5s will suit me fine.

How much should I spend for a sound card by the way?

I was also thinking about having to buy a new pc altogether. I just would like a pc dedicated to just music and nothing else (no internet, etc.) because I do not want all of my music and programs to be with my photography and all that.

I like your set up. Better than what I got:p:lol:

Thanks once again!

Abominus

PS: let me know what you think about the link I sent you.

I found some Edirols here in the US:
Studio Monitors (Active) - [Sam Ash]

Let me know what you think.

Yea, I was thinking at one point to get PASSIVE monitors but then, I started to think about amplifiers and lost it. I decided to stick with the ACTIVE ones.

I do like the Tapco S5's. I do not think that I would need the 8s. If I were to have a larger room then yea, I would get the 8s but the 5s will suit me fine.

How much should I spend for a sound card by the way?

I was also thinking about having to buy a new pc altogether. I just would like a pc dedicated to just music and nothing else (no internet, etc.) because I do not want all of my music and programs to be with my photography and all that.

I like your set up. Better than what I got:p:lol:

Thanks once again!

Abominus

PS: let me know what you think about the link I sent you.

The MA-15Ds aren't bad, they are only 15w per channel, but on the plus side you get allot of connectivity on the back of the speaker,

http://www.woodbrass.com/images/woodbrass/EDIROL+MA+15+DBK.JPG

Digital and analog ins...

If you can get to listen to a pair, you should, especially if they save you a bit of coin in the process. Everyones ear is different, it's always worth having a listen :music:

You can pick up an M-Audio 2496 sound card for about £40 ~ $80m they are dirt cheap considering they are Professional quality ASIO cards, I certainly haven't regretted ever having one. Only time I've had issues was with Vista, but that's all sorted now :)

Best of luck ;)

The MA-15Ds aren't bad, they are only 15w per channel, but on the plus side you get allot of connectivity on the back of the speaker,

http://www.woodbrass.com/images/woodbrass/EDIROL+MA+15+DBK.JPG

Digital and analog ins...

If you can get to listen to a pair, you should, especially if they save you a bit of coin in the process. Everyones ear is different, it's always worth having a listen :music:

You can pick up an M-Audio 2496 sound card for about £40 ~ $80m they are dirt cheap considering they are Professional quality ASIO cards, I certainly haven't regretted ever having one. Only time I've had issues was with Vista, but that's all sorted now :)

Best of luck ;)

Hey, I just looked at the back of the Tascos and how am I going to hook them up?

They do not have a double RCA input, just one input. How am I going to hook them up using the sound card that you told me about?

Back