2017-09-14c _ Uploaded tracklists - TXT only

danmark_ori

Ursa Major ★
Staff member
Reaction score

Message to all DJ's uploading tracklists :cap: I no more do accept non-TXT files any more. The handling of non stricktly simple DOS / ASCII text files takes simply too much time. I got a fully fledged 100% up to date Windows 10 configuration, and that's it. I don't go installing extra crap to handle even more crap.

DOC, PDF, RTF, XML and everything else but TXT ? I will leave untouched.

It's TXT or nothing.

sorry about the DOCX format - was a mistake I realised after i uploaded :(

Thursday 14

13:00 - 14:00 Elucidus - Cadence 019 Yes 1x
14:00 - 15:00 Stu Patchitt - Kinetik Energy 02 Yes 2x DOCX :(
15:00 - 16:00 Replay Manuel Le Saux pres. Extrema 507 on AH.FM 02-08-2017 Replay
16:00 - 18:00 Tomac - Progress In Motion 043 Yes 2x RTF :(
18:00 - 19:00 Davey Asprey - Jilted Perspective Yes 2x TXT
19:00 - 20:00 < inserted by Dan << Andrew Rayel - Find Your Harmony Radioshow 078 on AH.FM 14-09-2017 >>
20:00 - 22:00 Markus Schulz presents GDJB Yes 1x
22:00 - 23:00 Indecent Noise - Mental Asylum Radio Yes 1x

Friday 15
00:00 - 02:00 dj karl k-otik - Chaos in the Stratosphere Yes 2x TXT :sorry:
02:00 - 03:00 Euphoric Nation - Trance Paradise Yes 2x TXT
03:00 - 04:00 Christina Ashlee - Electronic Agenda 043 Yes 2x TXT

Last edited:
a bit background

I can convert pretty much any kind of file into any other kind of file, Danmark, if you need me to. Just send it to me in email and I'll send it right back. It's very easy to convert an RTF file to a TXT file. I'll do it for you if you need. :cat:

Thank you, TCL :hug: Read a few lines, and I'll explain why this thank you actually does mean: no thank you my dear :)
Back in October 2014 I was asked to be active as a mod, as at the moment about all dayly labour came from one guy: C!C@. Back then, by far the majority of the tracklists was simple txt. Once in a while, some 'genius' :crazy: :icecream: uploaded in another digital format. Gradually the amount of more exotic formats grew. At first, it became some 'sport' for me to please each and everyone. Things started to be time-consuming :no: when PDF files weren't good accessible. Copying the contents, if possible at all, for a while became troublesome for me. Whatever the reason was :unsure: I remember having to type over the contents of several uploaded tracklists. Keep in mind, the addressing of tracklists is a dayly, recurring task. Gradually, thing went out of hand. The range of uploaded formats grew wider and wider. I recall pictures, spreadsheets, XML and what not :ee: The massive amounts of endlessly uploaded tracklists, day in, day out, week after week, month after month, year after year, requires some minimum of efficiency :sorry:

September 2017 http://ah.fm/forum/showthread.php?89737-2017-09-14c_Uploaded tracklists TXT only

I contacted Dan, informed him about the grown situation, and reported him ' enough is enough '. :chair: Remember, I get no single financial benefit out of my dayly activities here. Instead, I am contributing every month financially to AH.fm. It's all unpayed voluntary labour. All I ask of the people uploading, to save a bit of my time. When everyone does save his/her tracklist file as the most simple format, the no-nonse very very basic TXT format, all small and less small converting adventures in the end does save me quite a lot of time.

It's not the capability to conversion, TCL. It's my absolute firm refusal of wasting time. My urge for efficient exchange of data. :cap:

In Dutch: " ik heb er geen zin meer in " :yucky: :icecream:

Last edited:

Back