Member Benefits to Supporting AH.FM!

in·iq·ui·trance

AHddicted
Reaction score
Announcing the benefits for members who have donated to AH.FM!

We'd like to recognize the support given to this free, high-quality, non-profit radio by our members, and so we've enabled some extra features on supporters' forum accounts. A radio like this is paid for by the owner and donations from the community, and each donation is greatly appreciated!

So, as our way of saying THANK YOU, we're making supporters' accounts a little more special! :thumbsup:

Supporters have the following abilities:
* Custom Name Under Supporter Banner
* Maximum Stored Private Messages: 200 ( from 100 previously)
* Maximum Lines in Signature: 4

* Can use links in signature
* Can Use Custom Title
* Can Upload Animated Avatar
* Can Upload Images for Signature (300x80)
* Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature
* Custom Avatar Maximum Width/Height (pixels): 100x100

* Can create picture Albums no limit of pictures with a max 10MB Storage (from 5MB previously)

* Can create Social Groups

Not bad, eh? :wow:

By comparison, Regular Users get:
* Custom Avatar Maximum Width/Height (pixels): 60x60
* Maximum Stored Private Messages: 30
Cheers to each one of you who have helped to keep this station free and high-quality. :clap2:

To become a supporter click here http://www.ah.fm/forum/payments.php

Last edited:
sounds really good:music:

Please note, this means that those features that had previously been on regular accounts (like custom title) are no longer enabled.

* just informed from 1st hand .. .. . ;-) *

:clap: I'm glad with the news and the way the features and advantages are put here ! :grinning:​

Hey, that's great! I have always believed that supporting members should be privileged characters. Ha! Thank you so very much! I love After Hours! :super:

And again, thanks for giving me a home with welcoming arms. (kiss) :hug: :cat:

Last edited:
awesome! How much of a donation is needed to be a supporter? Not that I would do the minimum but just curious since I am somewhat strapped for cash.

i don't see free beer.:(

j/k :)

that's great !!!! :hug:

awesome! How much of a donation is needed to be a supporter? Not that I would do the minimum but just curious since I am somewhat strapped for cash.

It's a voluntary contribution, donate whatever you wish. You can always donate again later if you want to. :grinning:

there is no minimum amount but personally i would chose an amount that reflects a little your appreciation for the free service and high quality you receive, after all there are always fees charged by Paypal and CC companies on those type of transactions, having said that I’m sure any amount is appreciated :)

Great! thanks for the info, I was a former supporter of DI and would be happy to redirect my funds to a more 'friendly' place.

-Ilektriksky

Yes, Nice. People who donate earn to have more rights.

Announcing the benefits for members who have donated to AH.FM!

We'd like to recognize the support given to this free, high-quality, non-profit radio by our members, and so we've enabled some extra features on supporters' forum accounts. A radio like this is paid for by the owner and donations from the community, and each donation is greatly appreciated!

So, as our way of saying THANK YOU, we're making supporters' accounts a little more special! :thumbsup:

Supporters have the following abilities:
* Custom Name Under Supporter Banner
* Images in Signatures Allowed
* Maximum Stored Private Messages: 100
* Can Use Custom Title
* Can Upload Profile Pictures
* Can Upload Animated Profile Picture
* Can Upload Animated Avatar
* Can Upload Images for Signature
* Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature
* Custom Avatar Maximum Width/Height (pixels) 100x100
Not bad, eh? :wow:

By comparison, Regular Users get:
* Custom Avatar Maximum Width/Height (pixels) 60x60
* Maximum Stored Private Messages: 30
Cheers to each one of you who have helped to keep this station free and high-quality. :clap2:

Nope. Not bad at all :grinning:

Q: Will there be any reasonable limits set on image/gif size in signatures? Some folks tend to get a little carried away and it can have negative impact on readability of the threads.

Q: Will there be any reasonable limits set on image/gif size in signatures? Some folks tend to get a little carried away and it can have negative impact on readability of the threads.

I'm with you. It's distracting and ... kind of insulting to have something screamed in your face like that, no matter what it is. :p

That's a good point. I think we'll handle it on a case by case basis. I think too the forum users might end up policing it themselves to a certain extent, but we will look at it if necessary.

Edit:
The Upload Signature field lists the following restriction:
"Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 350 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller)."

Last edited:
i don't see yet an option to upload a Profile picture :)

I'm with you. It's distracting and ... kind of insulting to have something screamed in your face like that, no matter what it is. :p

i haven't seen anything bad in the signatures....but, yes some are too big :)

That's a good point. I think we'll handle it on a case by case basis. I think too the forum users might end up policing it themselves to a certain extent, but we will look at it if necessary.

Edit:
The Upload Signature field lists the following restriction:
"Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 350 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller)."

No they won't. I begged a DJ to post a link instead of that huge picture during the EOYC and he wouldn't change it. Got all smart mouthed about it, too. I ignored him at that point and he eventually went away.

Back